Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 11, 2019, 02:44 PM   #811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The first 700 hours of this game are fun. But the next 700 hours are you beating a dead horse.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2019, 05:30 PM   #812
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
The first 700 hours of this game are fun. But the next 700 hours are you beating a dead horse.
700 hours, what the? I'm happy if I get 5 hours of fun out of a game... I'm assuming you're joking right...
Vanz_007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2019, 09:25 PM   #813
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

nope. i have around 1,600h in this game
I dunno, I usually don't recommend this game to ppl cuz it's a big grindfest for those who like to grind.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:25 PM   #814
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

ALien8ed is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
thinking about trying this game, is it in a good state now?

What would you rate this game now and what are it's pros and cons?

V
The game is in a decent state but it's definately one of those that splits the crowd. I personally love it but also understand where those who do not are coming from.

For newcomers there is plenty to do but it's a real time sink with a decent learning curve and most things are not explained in-game. You'll find yourself spending plenty of time on external sites looking up info and watching videos on how to do and find things.

As far as pros go i love the freedom of it all, space is huge and you just do what you want. The flight model is good and the audio is incredible. I find the game extremely relaxing and spend most of my time space trucking or exploring. If you enjoy space sims you'll get something out of it.

The biggest gripe as mentioned is the grind. There is plenty to unlock and upgrade which can require a fair amount of grind and chews up a lot of time. Also certain tasks can be rather tedious.

It's hard to recommend cause it's one of those niche games where it really depends on the person. If you do buy it in future it goes on sale regularly and i highly recommend also getting the Horizons expansion cause it's adds a fair bit to the game.
ALien8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2019, 01:27 AM   #815
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Strapped on the VR and took it for a whirl tonight.

Visuals are freaking amaze-balls in VR.

Unfortunately, a lot of stuff has changed since I played it last and now I have to relearn a whole hell of a lot of things.

So off to Youtube to catch up on all the stuff that has changed.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2019, 02:07 PM   #816
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
nope. i have around 1,600h in this game
I dunno, I usually don't recommend this game to ppl cuz it's a big grindfest for those who like to grind.
Yeah, but the next 700 hours makes up for it. I've got ~2400 hours stick time...
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:14 PM   #817
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

You guys going HOTAS? If so, what is your stick and what is your physical setups like?

I have a x-52 pro and I have to set it on the desk. I want to figure out a way to mount it to my chair but I'm having issues. My chair is fairly new and I want a stable mount. I'm thinking of getting a new gaming chair and buying the HOTAS chair mounts from here: https://monstertechusa.com/product/j...s-chair-mount/

I kind of feel like it is a decent investment because I freaking love flight sim games and space games like ED. Then again, I'll be paying like $500.00 for a chair and $140 for the mounts on an old ass flight stick.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 06:44 AM   #818
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

i have a ghetto elite chair made from an old office chair and some wooden panels to hold my x55 :sip:

Old Apr 22, 2019, 09:20 AM   #819
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Quote:
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms from tomorrow morning (23 April) for approximately 6 hours as we apply the April Update.
Changelog:

Quote:
New Features

Main Menu

Main menu layout updated to make screens and options clearer and to allow room for descriptions
Added Commander details to the top right corner
Added a news carousel that can display GalNet headlines, store releases and/or community announcements
Hints/tips are displayed during the loading screen
Players current main ship is displayed as the background on the main menu
Note: this will always be your current 'main' ship; fighters/SRVs will not be shown

Commander Creation

Updated the new commander flow to make the process more informative and engaging
Ship selection screens now display more information on the ship, and also includes an image of the ship itself
Players can now choose to start in the Dromi system (in a permit-controlled area administered by the Pilots’ Federation) or in the standard package location

Pilots' Federation District

The Pilots' Federation District is a collection of systems designed to offer a regulated area for new Commanders
Outfitting in these systems offers a basic level of equipment, and Shipyards offer a range of entry level ships
Missions offered in the district are aimed at early stage players
These systems are also marked with a special icon in the navigation panel and galaxy map
Once players have gained a rank in Combat, Trade or Exploration, they are offered a 'graduation' mission, which directs them out of the district. If they choose to complete this mission, they cannot re-enter any of the district systems.
This also means current, experienced players cannot enter any of these systems

New Modules

Advanced Docking Computer - The Advanced Docking Computer provides cutting edge guidance control to the ship’s computer, offering a further launch option alongside the assisted docking function.
Supercruise Assist - The Supercruise Assist module allows the ship’s computer to regulate the approach towards a set location within the current system and to disengage the drive at the appropriate time . This module can also be used to enter orbit around a planetary body.
Planet side targets are excluded - instead they will engage the planetary orbit function of the computer, and Commanders will need to manually guide the ship to the ground destination
Added a new 'Flight Assistance' section to the Ship tab on the right hand panel. Here players can toggle various options on or off (if fitted with the correct modules):
Flight Assist
Auto Dock
Auto Launch (requires Advanced Docking Computer)
Rotational Correction
Hyperspace Dethrottle (requires the Supercruise assist module. If switched on, throttle will automatically set to zero on entry to a new system)

Navigation Tab

Plotted route information is now displayed along the top of the Navigation tab
The popup box for each entry in the Navigation tab now includes extra information (where applicable) and various quick links to other features/areas of the game:
Lists any activities available at the selected location, with links to the relevant pilots handbook article(s)
Links to system or galaxy map where appropriate
Highlights threat levels when the threat is higher than your combat rank (and lists if it is human or xeno)
Displays various data on ports or nearby systems, such as allegiance, economy, has appropriate landing pad for your ship, relationship, state, security level galactic region
Maintains all previous actions such as lock target, and bookmark location

Pilot's Handbook

New section added to the Codex that contains articles detailing activities and features of the game:
Mining
Exploration
Piracy
Trade and Smuggling
Mercenary Work
Bounty Hunting
Xeno Hunting
Salvage and Rescure
Maps
Crime and Punishment

Training Simulation Access

Training simulations are now accessible from within any ship cockpit, from anywhere
Note: if you attempt to start a simulation whilst in danger, you will be subject to the standard 15 second delay before proceeding

Commodity Market Interface

Separated 'Buy' and 'Sell' screens, to make it clearer to the player what data they are looking at
Added filters
Added 'Suggested' markets to the comparisons popup, and populated it with nearby data that the player owns
Also added the mission icon to systems that the player has active missions in
The 'Help' button takes the player to the relevant Pilots Handbook article
Updated the supply and demand icons and added a description of it to the right hand side of the screen, to make it clearer to the player when to buy or sell
Highlight mission related and rare goods on the buy screen, with a key to icons along the bottom
Clarified what the comparison column is telling the player:
On the buy screen - the profit if selected commodity is sold at selected market/galactic average
On the sell screen - the profit if selected commodity is bought at selected market/galactic average, and sold at current market
By default the column shows the 'Galactic Average' until the player selects a market to compare with
Added local market data to the right hand side for quick comparison
Buy screen shows Galactic average and price per unit on right hand side and Sell screen also includes profit if sold
Buy/Sell popup includes more information and quick links
Local market data for quick comparison
Selecting a market takes the player to the system on the galaxy map
View commodity on galaxy - takes players to a filtered version of the map
Added more detail to the popup box when selecting any commodities in the players inventory, as well as a quick link to the galaxy map with the correct filter applied

Bug Fixes and Improvements

This update includes over 800 fixes for various issues that have been discovered and investigated during the development process. For the sake of clarity, we have primarily listed below fixes for issues that have been reported to us by the community or other significant changes.

AI

Fixed some odd AI behaviour, found in assassination missions
Pirate AI will now act accordingly once the player responds after they demand cargo

Codex

Fixed an issue that prevented discovered Ammonia worlds from being confirmed
Fixed not being able to open the codex whilst in planetary glide
Fixed the session log not displaying a DSS scan event as 'efficient' if the efficiency target was met

Conflict Zones

Fixed issue where allied ships could suddenly become hostile to the player

Crashes/Stability

Fixed a crash that could occur when disarming a seismic charge
Fixed crash that could occur when launching or switching to a fighter
Fixed crash that could occur whilst driving an SRV
Fixed a crash that could occur when mining in a wing
Fixed a crash that could occur when restocking limpets

Damage Balancing

Fixed an issue that was causing damage dealt by Thargons to increase in multiplayer sessions
Fixed issue that caused more heat damage to be applied to vessels when in a multiplayer session
"Drag Munitions" engineering modification now disables the victims boost function whilst it is active

Diamondback Explorer

Fixed an issue with the yellow computer screen in the cockpit incorrectly showing as blue

Docking Computer

Fixed edge case that could cause the docking computer to not be able to successfully dock the ship

Exploration

Fixed issue that caused COVAS line 'System Scan Completed' to trigger multiple times incorrectly
Added option to invert the FSS tuning axis
Fixed an issue when trying to custom bind Front or Rear View toggle in DSS mode
Added an index number to Thargoid Barnacle sites to make easier for players to differentiate them
Fixed some cases where planets can appear to be fully scanned when they haven't been

Galaxy Map

Fixed a star class in Lyaisae IC-U e3-253 that was displaying incorrectly on the Galaxy Map

General Ship

Players PIP settings are retained once they return back to their ship after switching to an SRV or fighter
Players can now use the keybinding to turn off ship headlights whilst using the docking computer
Corrected the cockpit health disparity displayed between module tab and advanced maintenance
Fixed an issue where a dismissed ship could end up not being able to be recalled
Fixed an issue where broken shields would recharge faster when dropping in and out of Supercruise
Fixed limpets showing in front of your ship suddenly when launching them

Player Journal Updates

FSDJump event – now includes “Body” info about the arrival star
Don’t write a spurious “FighterRebuilt” event after docking SLF back in the ship
ApproachSettlement” now includes body info
The “Loadout” event:
no longer includes spurious ammo stats for energy weapons
now includes UnladenMass and FuelCapacity info
now written when docking SRV back in mothership
now includes CargoCapacity, and MaxJumpRange
Module item names are now consistently lowercase
Status.json:
include LegalState
includes info on nearby planet, and ‘AltFromAvgRad” flag
Scan: include a star’s subclass
Add Conflicts data in FSDJump and Location
Include Vehicle ID for SLF/SRV (LaunchFighter, LaunchSRV, FighterRebuilt, FighterDestroyed, DockSRV, DockFighter, SRVDestroyed, CrewLaunchFighter)
Add info in Scan event to show if the body was previously discovered or mapped

Krait Phantom

Fixed reversed thruster animations when viewed from the vanity camera

Fixed various typos

Mining

Fixed 'Optimum yield range exceeded' warning displaying when the yield hasn't been exceeded
Ensure we eject deposit chunks from asteroids perpendicular to attempt to stop chunks getting stuck inside
Fixed missing 'Detonation Successful' message
Tightened hitcheck around asteroid models to lessen the amount of surface deposits that don't break off when correctly hit

Rendering

Fixed lighting issue when returning to the cockpit from FSS mode
Fixed tiling effect when capturing high-res screens shots in various situations

Synthesis

Fixed incorrect message 'AFM refill' being displayed when using the SRV Repair recipe

USS

Increased High Grade Emissions USS spawn rate

Vanity Camera

Fixed visual issues when the camera signal is lost

VR

Ensure the mist at Thargoid sites displays correctly in both eyes
Fixed light flares from stars flickering in the right eye display

Weapons

Fixed an issue that caused the remote flak launcher to continue malfunctioning even after being repaired by an Auto Field-Maintenance Unit
Old Apr 22, 2019, 09:38 AM   #820
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

supercruise assist? really? soon the game is going to play itself.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:12 AM   #821
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Ye don't like it either.

Video covering all the new features from Frontier's recent livestream.

Old Apr 25, 2019, 04:12 PM   #822
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

The community has been begging for a super cruise autopilot for ages, since it's often quite boring.

After playing DCS, what I really want is more complex systems.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2019, 09:30 PM   #823
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Got the chair and the Monstertech mounts for the HOTAS.

Played the HELL out of ED. 3 hours straight. No sore arms so far. I'm really digging this setup.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:00 PM   #824
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Supercruise auto is great, it'll make it easy getting that free Anaconda at Hutton.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:44 PM   #825
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
Supercruise auto is great, it'll make it easy getting that free Anaconda at Hutton.
Free anaconda?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:49 PM   #826
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Free anaconda?
andino NO!!!

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:11 AM   #827
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dude! I'm like 1/2 way there!! It's a FREE ANACONDA!!!!11!1!111!..

j/k

I knew the joke.

BTW, Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, in this game is free.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 02:24 PM   #828
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
BTW, Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, in this game is free.
They give you 1000 credits and a free Sidewinder...
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2019, 02:57 PM   #829
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Free anaconda?

I do so enjoy that joke.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:11 PM   #830
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Also a heartwarming story of a 15-year-old kid and how Frontier and the elite community helped make his final days more bearable. Well worth a read.

https://westhorpe.net/2019/07/an-ope...r-and-friends/
Old Jul 7, 2019, 04:19 AM   #831
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALien8ed View Post

Also a heartwarming story of a 15-year-old kid and how Frontier and the elite community helped make his final days more bearable. Well worth a read.

https://westhorpe.net/2019/07/an-ope...r-and-friends/
RIP Commander - May the wind forever be at your back.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:53 PM   #832
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Old Aug 23, 2019, 07:55 AM   #833
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I will probably play this again in about 5 years, once Star Citizen reach's 0.45.

Then hopefully at least then Elite will be fun.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2019, 08:29 PM   #834
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is another game I'm afraid to try, because of my good memories playing Frontier on the Amiga. Don't want to be disappointed.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:15 PM   #835
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
This is another game I'm afraid to try, because of my good memories playing Frontier on the Amiga. Don't want to be disappointed.
Played the original on Commodore 64 but I just can't get into the new one (just the base game, don't have Horizons).
It's probably just me in my old age.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:47 PM   #836
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

If you really want to waste a weekend and get little to nothing out of it then, yeah, it's a great game. Visually it is amazing. The game play is awesome. Dog fights are spectacular. Advancement is abysmal.

So, good and bad.....