Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 3, 2019, 01:39 PM   #7141
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

ohhh.... well that made the ending far less ****ed up and interesting
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2019, 03:13 PM   #7142
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I know its a good game, but sadly for me the "cinematic" aspects of the gameplay are what makes it uninteresting to me. I have the same issues with the Uncharted games as well. They are great, polished, high production games but the gameplay is just dull and repetitive IMO. I really wish I could like these games but I just get drowsy playing them.

Even with Last of Us, which takes place in my home city I just cannot find much about it that interesting. Think I got about 10 hours in and just shelved it.
That's too bad. Sixteen hours spent playing TLOU:R, and again it's been a fine, fine experience from start to finish. I love the characters, the settings, the technology, the story... Can't wait until two or three years from now, when I could well find myself playing through it again.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 02:19 AM   #7143
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Any new good games coming out?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 6, 2019, 09:15 AM   #7144
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
That's too bad. Sixteen hours spent playing TLOU:R, and again it's been a fine, fine experience from start to finish. I love the characters, the settings, the technology, the story... Can't wait until two or three years from now, when I could well find myself playing through it again.
Should also mention I have only played Last of Us and the Uncharted games on PS3, at the lower fps. It could be a factor in my not liking the games, as at times I can feel the gameplay get sluggish from the low fps. I'll revisit them again someday on the remastered versions.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2019, 05:24 PM   #7145
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Any new good games coming out?
https://media3.giphy.com/media/d8lUK...&rid=giphy.gif
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:00 PM   #7146
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Playing some Sunset Overdrive. Some funny stuff in there and runs like a dream on the PC. Good job Java
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:24 PM   #7147
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Yeah it's a pretty cool game.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 01:48 AM   #7148
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Played Battlefield V single player. Got to a point where a cutscene took over and the screen faded to black.
A minute later it was still black and no keystrokes did anything...except alt-F4.

Played Rebel Galaxy *first one* and did a couple missions.
Couldn't find a save option and just exited to title screen.
Found out later you have to dock at a space station *and* exit it to save.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:14 PM   #7149
KAC
That postcount though...

Binge played through more than 10 missions of Sunset. I think there are 9-10 main missions left. Didn’t do a single side mission yet. Game is really fun. I can’t believe I never finished it thus far.

Having your character dressed in a tiny bikini whilst grinding rails and jumping on cars barefoot is exactly how I want all of my games from here on out.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 01:40 AM   #7150
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Playing bf1 at times...... Messing people upppppp lol. Still 30th in the world on PC with the m1903 marksman. Funny how a lot of us good players all know each other.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 05:36 AM   #7151
KAC
That postcount though...

Finished Sunset. 9/10.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:45 AM   #7152
KAC
That postcount though...

Finished Wolf YB. 7.5/10.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 01:09 PM   #7153
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ugh... My progress in anything is grinding to a halt. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is going to take a million hours to finish, Civ 5 would take a million hours, Assetto Corsa Competizione would eat a million hours, and I am stuck wondering which game I'm going to spend those million hours on. In the meantime, I stick with 5 minute matches of Rocket League, which I've already put a million hours into.

Send help.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 09:00 AM   #7154
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Finished Blair Witch.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 01:28 AM   #7155
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Played some Need For Speed Underground, I'm still using my first car MX-5, already gotten the first 3 level 3 upgrades. This game becoming fast, don't remember things are this hard before. Well I was 16 when this game was out, and now I'm 32
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:20 PM   #7156
KAC
That postcount though...

Finished Gears 5. FTR.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 01:56 PM   #7157
KAC
That postcount though...

Finished Control. FTR.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 06:39 PM   #7158
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

ftr?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 06:51 PM   #7159
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

for the record I assume
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 06:54 PM   #7160
twonha
Yods be silent!

Fifty hours into Divinity: Original Sin 2, and I'm only getting the feeling I've just dipped my toe in the magical waters. It's not the type of game I would usually play, and I can't say I'm in love with it, but it's alright. I would like to see it through, experience the whole story, but the pace isn't very fast and some things (like a big battle) can easily take a long time.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 07:17 PM   #7161
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

yeah, the one down side to turn based cmbat is the time it takes. If you have someone to play it with though, you should really play it co-op! players can enter and exit quests in different ways as well as experience different things all at the same time. its pretty cool.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 03:30 AM   #7162
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
yeah, the one down side to turn based cmbat is the time it takes. If you have someone to play it with though, you should really play it co-op! players can enter and exit quests in different ways as well as experience different things all at the same time. its pretty cool.
I was gifted the game by a friend for exactly this purpose. Unfortunately, time constraints haven't put us together a lot, and what little we did play together felt a little disconnected. As if he's running around in the world while I'm running around, but it's not our natural first instinct to run around the world together like you would in a more linear game.

That's alright though, I enjoy playing with myself.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 08:07 AM   #7163
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Leveled a Tornado Shot Deadeye character to L90 in Path of Exile's latest league, Blight. The league mechanic (tower defense) is more enjoyable than I thought it would be but it doesn't feel rewarding for the time spent on each TD battle.

The game has reached the point where it needs many, *many* quality of life fixes/balances/changes, that the motivation to play the game decreases with each league. I'm wondering at this point if it would be worthwhile for them to license an actual decent gaming engine and start work on PoE2.

Many of their issues are based around their indie self coded engine, while an amazing achievement it has reached the breaking point where it's negatively affecting all aspects of the game.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:48 AM   #7164
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not sure i agree about the engine. They have not achieved quite as significant things as the warframe team, but the engine has definitely become quite something.

They could have a small team rewrite the code from the ground up, but no need for an entire new game. Also, you are not supposed to just keep playing it all the time. If its getting stale, stop playing for a year and then come back.

The new 4.0 expansion promises to be something large, and not just another league expansion, so why not quit now and come back when it releases next year?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 02:42 PM   #7165
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

100% completed Shadow of the Tomb Raider plus all DLC. Steam says 65 hours.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 05:37 AM   #7166
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Finished NFS:U. Felt like teenage again, now with NFS:U2
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 05:45 AM   #7167
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
Finished NFS:U. Felt like teenage again, now with NFS:U2
If you have ray tracing gpus, wait for the ray tracing mod for u2.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 06:52 AM   #7168
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
If you have ray tracing gpus, wait for the ray tracing mod for u2.
Wait what? Really? Any link?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 08:43 AM   #7169
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
Wait what? Really? Any link?
No link, but UFD tech were talking about it in one of the last few videos, saying they were going to do a video on it like their minecraft one.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 09:29 AM   #7170
KAC
That postcount though...

Punching through Plague Tale and Life is Strange.