Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:31 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Default Yup, Build engine game for 2017 - Ion Maiden

Old Nov 6, 2017, 01:29 PM   #2
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

aww, i mean its cool, but i thought for a moment it was a remake of the old iron maiden game ed hunter...
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2017, 02:06 PM   #3
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Really hope it has gibs as good as blood.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 8, 2017, 01:48 AM   #4
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thank you for posting this and for inadvertently leading me to discover the DNF 2013 mod! +rep if it'll let me!
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:01 PM   #5
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

It's out guys, reviews are great!

Also it's called "Ion Fury" now cause they got sued by the bands lawyer
https://store.steampowered.com/app/562860/Ion_Fury/

Last edited by clerick : Aug 16, 2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:13 PM   #6
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Looks very well done but I don't really need more from 'that' era.

I'd rather go replay Blood, Shogo or Wheel of Time for a history trip.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 02:31 PM   #7
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Looks very well done but I don't really need more from 'that' era.

I'd rather go replay Blood, Shogo or Wheel of Time for a history trip.
And not pay $25 to do it!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 06:16 PM   #8
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Boycott this game gentlemen, apparently some of the devs said bad things about SJWs on their discord server.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 07:59 PM   #9
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Boycott this game gentlemen, apparently some of the devs said bad things about SJWs on their discord server.
I tried to find information on this but am unable to find the drama.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 08:03 PM   #10
clerick
tfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I tried to find information on this but am unable to find the drama.
It's on resetera as usual.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 08:22 PM   #11
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I wasn't real happy with the Early Access version and ended up getting a refund. I think the level design bugged me the most, and it felt like there was a major lack of ammo.

Fast forward to now and I decided to give it another shot, and...

...man, the finished product is WAY better. I guess the Early Access level was meant to be later in the game because I haven't seen it yet, but the first few levels are outstanding both gameplay-wise and visually. The amount of detail is ridiculous (small touches and secrets EVERYWHERE), and overall it's just fun as hell to play. The ammo doesn't seem to be nearly as problematic as it was in the EA build, either.

So far I'd say it's right up there with Dusk and Amid Evil. If you like oldschool shooters it's a must-play, even if the $25 price tag is a bit steep for a Build Engine game IMO.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 08:38 PM   #12
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
It's on resetera as usual.
Ah. I have not heard of the site and after looking at it for two minutes, I think I can live without it.

EDIT:

Okay - I spent a couple more minutes looking through that thread and holy **** I feel like I stepped in to some terrifying alternate Twilight Zone universe. One user got permanently banned for this post:

And some of the responses to it were ... I don't know the words. I feel like if I expressed an honest unpopular but reasoned opinion many of those people would stalk me and try to ruin my life.

Last edited by Crawdaddy79 : Aug 16, 2019 at 08:48 PM.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 01:17 AM   #13
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I love ResetEra, the most progressive and positive thinking gayming community out there.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 02:18 AM   #14
clerick
tfw

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Ah. I have not heard of the site and after looking at it for two minutes, I think I can live without it.

EDIT:

Okay - I spent a couple more minutes looking through that thread and holy **** I feel like I stepped in to some terrifying alternate Twilight Zone universe. One user got permanently banned for this post:

And some of the responses to it were ... I don't know the words. I feel like if I expressed an honest unpopular but reasoned opinion many of those people would stalk me and try to ruin my life.
It's as peak left as you can get, full censorship.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:41 AM   #15
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished it, enjoyed the game for the most parts, but it really felt like ion fury would have been a better as a "real" 3d shooter, the 2.5d oddities really got in the way in some of the encounters, and weapons like the grenade launcher would have also benefited from it.

It was still a really fun game to play, I just wish it had better enemy variety and a rocket launcher would also have been nice.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote