Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:28 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Did anyone try XCOM, XCOM 2 or Pillars on console?

Or on ios?

I recently played XCOM (EU and EW) and I'm playing Pillars on PC, and I've always been curious as to how they work with a gamepad or on an ipad in the case of XCOM.

XCOM seems like it'd be fine, and I wouldn't be surprised if they simplified the game partially for this reason, but Pillars? That sounds daunting on a gamepad....
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:35 AM   #2
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I haven't tried it on a console but I'm playing through pillars with a steam controller now. Works really well. If people can play Diablo 3 on the console I'm sure pillars could be very playable thanks to being able to pause for commands.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:08 AM   #3
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Playing on a TV?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:51 PM   #4
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Playing on a TV?
Oh yeah, works great. I'm going to try a few more crpgs that way. I'm using the official steam controller config uploaded by obsidian. Haven't even bothered to tweak it.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:51 PM   #5
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

My brother seemed to like xcom well enough on his console, never tried it myself.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2018, 04:43 PM   #6
borat
Radeon R700

Ah, no official support for any other controllers...nice.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 06:56 AM   #7
borat
Radeon R700

Damn, Tyranny has no support for dinput or xinput either...

Has anyone tried Civ 6 or Cities Skylines with a controller?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 07:12 AM   #8
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Played X-Com on PC on my projector with a controller, worked really well.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:04 AM   #9
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Damn, Tyranny has no support for dinput or xinput either...

Has anyone tried Civ 6 or Cities Skylines with a controller?
Civ 6 works great with the steam controller. The game has built in UI scaling too. I played pillars with the steam controller as well and that worked great too. I imagine tyranny would work just as well.

I find anything turn based or active time with pause to work fine on the steam controller. It's a great investment if you like to use your PC on a television imo.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:43 AM   #10
borat
Radeon R700

Nice, but I was thinking more about the console versions of these games. I don't see myself getting that controller personally...
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:03 PM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Tried XCom on mobile. Worked fine.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote