Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 2, 2019, 02:49 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Anyone doing a second run? Is Mr. X also in it?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2019, 03:30 PM   #272
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Anyone doing a second run? Is Mr. X also in it?
Yeah, he's there.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 05:42 PM   #273
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Finished Leon’s story. I forgot to go back and develop the last film I picked up from the sewers so I guess there goes the “develop all photos” achievement.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 2, 2019, 06:41 PM   #274
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Developing that film was worth it, for some reason you can suddenly open up an unlocked drawer with a magnum upgrade in the stars office after looking at the picture.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:26 PM   #275
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Solid game overall, loved it. Such top notch quality and obvious so much care went into this remake. Will be doing the 2nd run with Claire next.

Game did crash on me a few times in one section towards the end of the playthrough, which was frustrating to see. Other than that no complaints!
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2019, 04:42 AM   #276
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Starting Claire now but on hardcore mode. Dis ganna be fun.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:46 AM   #277
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished the first run with leon, guess it's time to get the real ending with claire now.

Have to say that Mr X got old fast, felt like he was more of a walking detour sign than a real threat.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:43 PM   #278
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Mr. X is no Nemesis!

With that said, I finished Leon A, Claire A and B. Now doing Leon B. All on Standard difficulty. Having fun so far trying to speed through!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2019, 04:22 PM   #279
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah Mr X is a real mofo. Also, seems like he gets on your ass even sooner in the 2nd run, but might just be not recalling how soon he made his appearance before.

On one hand i really wish there was a way to stop him for longer than just making him drop to his knee, so i can go back to taking my time and enjoying the ambience of the game. But on the other hand, he does add a ton of tension to the game especially when you want to try to run around like you own the place. Kind of like a dumbed down version of the xenomorph in Alien Isolation.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 05:13 PM   #280
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

He definitely appears sooner in the 2nd run. You skip a lot of the early stuff and basically fast forward ~2 hours worth of content.

For people that played all the way through in a 2nd run, how much different stuff is there? I was a bit disappointed at the start when you're just put back in the station and can unlock the same lockers with the same codes and that ammo and stuff was in the exact same spot.

I heard that you fight the same mutant dude (not mr X) at the end of the game in the same place, which makes zero sense if the stories are meant to run at the same time
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2019, 09:17 PM   #281
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
He definitely appears sooner in the 2nd run. You skip a lot of the early stuff and basically fast forward ~2 hours worth of content.

For people that played all the way through in a 2nd run, how much different stuff is there? I was a bit disappointed at the start when you're just put back in the station and can unlock the same lockers with the same codes and that ammo and stuff was in the exact same spot.

I heard that you fight the same mutant dude (not mr X) at the end of the game in the same place, which makes zero sense if the stories are meant to run at the same time
So far only finished Claire 2nd. It has items scrambled vs 1st but she still fights the same bosses and has, mostly, the same story cutscenes. Currently going through Leon and am expecting the same.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 09:39 PM   #282
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

In the trailers there was this Chinese lady in the lab or something. I didn’t encounter her during Claire’s run. Does she show up with Leon only? I am really wondering if a second run is required at all.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:41 PM   #283
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

You mean Ada? If yes, then she only shows up in Leon's playthrough.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 08:31 PM   #284
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Feb 5, 2019, 06:06 AM   #285
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Can you have the static camera layouts like in the original game?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 09:45 AM   #286
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
No, but i'm pretty sure someone's already released a mod.

Just saw an fps mod in the news this morning as well. Just search for them.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:33 AM   #287
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default First-person camera mod for Resident Evil 2 Remake available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
No, but i'm pretty sure someone's already released a mod.

Just saw an fps mod in the news this morning as well. Just search for them.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/first...-for-download/

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:41 AM   #288
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Lol, I didn't realize Megaman posted videos of the fps mod above.

Can't see embedded YT videos on my phone.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 07:26 PM   #289
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
As well as the first person mod, someone's already finishing up a fixed camera mod too. I think it mostly depends now on lighting and camera positioning tweaks.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 05:50 AM   #290
Megaman
Packing heat!

Finished Claires run. Is there any point doing the 2nds runs? I think I'm a bit over this game now.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 05:51 AM   #291
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Is there any point doing the 2nds runs? I think I'm a bit over this game now.
That’s what I told your mum last night.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 05:57 AM   #292
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That’s what I told your mum last night.
As ashamed as I am in saying this.....please don’t talk to your father like that!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 06:45 AM   #293
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
As ashamed as I am in saying this.....please don’t talk to your camel like that!
fixt.

Not the right kind of camel toe KissAssCop.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 08:19 AM   #294
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
As ashamed as I am in saying this.....please don’t talk to your father like that!
Gays can’t be fathers.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 09:52 AM   #295
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Finished Claires run. Is there any point doing the 2nds runs? I think I'm a bit over this game now.
You are supposed to the the 2nd run with the second character after you finished the normal playthrough with whoever you chose as your first character, the ending of the 2nd run is the real ending.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 01:10 PM   #296
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I think Megaman had a herp-derp moment.

Now you have to play it AGAIN.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 04:16 PM   #297
Mangler
PC

Looks like you can make the scripted Mr X and the roaming Mr X show up at the same time.

Old Feb 8, 2019, 06:52 PM   #298
KAC
That postcount though...

lolwtf
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:38 AM   #299
KAC
That postcount though...

I saw the real ending and now have no motivation for a second run through. Also real ending wasn’t worth it tbh.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 02:58 AM   #300
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Finished all Leon and Claire runs A and B (1st and 2nd, in other words). On standard. Not touching hardcore.

I tried playing 4th Survivor. It is fun but it is very very challenging. It is RE2 on Steroids.

Generally, I enjoy the overall gameplay, hence me going through the multiple playthroughs. Having items placed differently adds interest to me atleast.

Overall, 28 hours and have enjoyed this immensely and have no regrets.