Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 4, 2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Apple's Siri on the iPhone suffers second outage since launch

I am surprised to see no threads posted about this yet.

This has been posted on a number of tech blogs and sites but apparently hasn't received much attention.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Siri-Dow...ews-13076.html
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:15 PM   #2
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Even if I had a 4S, I wouldn't use Siri. To me its just total wank. Ive played with it on a friends. And said... "Hmm that would be fun for like 2 mins...after that id never use it again"

But yeah they seem to be having some teething problems with it.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
Even if I had a 4S, I wouldn't use Siri. To me its just total wank. Ive played with it on a friends. And said... "Hmm that would be fun for like 2 mins...after that id never use it again"

I only ever use Google voice commands to set alarms for the next morning.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 5, 2011, 06:49 PM   #4
BBA
GTX 570 SC+ATi GPU

BBA is still being judged by the masses

Seems to me siri is dependant on Apple networks correct? If so, Apple is tracking every users commands and questions.

Sure sounds like it's building a database of the sheeple.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA View Post
Seems to me siri is dependant on Apple networks correct? If so, Apple is tracking every users commands and questions.

Sure sounds like it's building a database of the sheeple.
Hello google?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It wasn't working for me earlier. I don't use it all the time, but I do find it useful.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 09:03 PM   #7
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

funny that razeus didnt post this. He seems to forget to post bad news about apple to lol.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 09:09 PM   #8
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaBlo666 View Post
funny that razeus didnt post this. He seems to forget to post bad news about apple to lol.
How are you supposed to post any news at all when you can't tell your phone to do it for you?!

Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:55 AM   #9
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
How are you supposed to post any news at all when you can't tell your phone to do it for you?!

Careful! I've learned that there's people reading responses like these that are really sensitive and could have their feelings hurt (I was called a "troll"... boohoo)!

I like the idea of Siri, as it seems a no-brainer to include in a phone, but I don't personally see it as a selling point for me but, rather, just as another feature I might use at times in the right context, etc. I applaud Apple for trying to roll-out new tech/service. At the same time, I'm not surprised that negative news about Apple tends to be muted given the cult-like attitude way too many people have about them.

Edit: apparently I'm not a "troll" I'm just "trolling" even though i clearly added a post on topic and said trolling police did not do anything but demonstrate over-sensitivity with no post of substance.

Last edited by vitocorleone : Nov 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
vitocorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 04:57 PM   #10
DivotMaker
Radeon Caribbean Islands

DivotMaker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone View Post
Careful! I've learned that there's people reading responses like these that are really sensitive and could have their feelings hurt (I was called a "troll"... boohoo)!
Couldn't let it go, could you? I did not call you a troll, but you have been and still are trolling.....

Nice contribution.....
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 07:42 PM   #11
BBA
GTX 570 SC+ATi GPU

Quote:
I like the idea of Siri
Yeah, just wish apple hadn't changed the name from google voice of years ago...
Old Nov 6, 2011, 09:26 PM   #12
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm not a huge Apple fan.. In fact, I try not to buy/use any product that starts with a lower case "i". However, these outages aren't even a speed bump for Apple. They'll get everything sorted and all will be forgotten in a month.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 09:29 PM   #13
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I'm not a huge Apple fan.. In fact, I try not to buy/use any product that starts with a lower case "i". However, these outages aren't even a speed bump for Apple. They'll get everything sorted and all will be forgotten in a month.
Seeing as how much coverage there is in the media about Siri v/s the Siri interruptions, I am pretty sure it has already been forgotten as most haven't even heard of it, plus the standard Apple policy of "who? what? me? what happened? nothing to see here".
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:30 AM   #14
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post

Pretty much.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:37 AM   #15
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

Next bump in the Apple road: now there's growing reports of earpiece issues.

Between the iPhone4 and now iPhone4s (with iOS5) I think that Apple has earned the reputation that it is best to wait until the first OS patch (or two) before buying, like Microsoft. Unlike Microsoft, Apple is actually pretty quick at trying to fix things... unless it's structural, in which case they blame the user (at least in one case of "holding it wrong").

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3404857
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:41 AM   #16
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Next bump in the Apple road: now there's growing reports of earpiece issues.

Between the iPhone4 and now iPhone4s (with iOS5) I think that Apple has earned the reputation that it is best to wait until the first OS patch (or two) before buying, like Microsoft. Unlike Microsoft, Apple is actually pretty quick at trying to fix things... unless it's structural, in which case they blame the user (at least in one case of "holding it wrong").

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3404857
Stop trolling

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:56 AM   #17
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Stop trolling

Btw - it's not like Android phones in general are better per se: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/a...res-list/16032 - they're just not hyped to the same degree. I'd take a glitchy buggy OS (i.e., iOS5) over hardware failures any day of the week.

Last edited by vitocorleone : Nov 7, 2011 at 01:00 AM.
vitocorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 02:40 AM   #18
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
At the same time, I'm not surprised that negative news about Apple tends to be muted given the cult-like attitude way too many people have about them.
This claim - that negative news about Apple tends to be muted - is truly hilarious. Can you show me where and how exactly Apple doesn't get bad press or how said press gets muted?

On the contrary, any apple issue will get blown out of proportion real fast by tech blogs (who know very well any apple news generates the most views) and the haters are instantly having a field day for weeks on end. Hell, even the MacRumors forums are full of "batterygate", "sirigate", "whatevergate", and that's a stronghold of apple loyalists.

So where exactly can this "cult-like attitute" be observed? Were you forced to attend Macworld or something if you truly feel that way?

I'm not saying Apple never has issues because they do. I just want to understand wherever this claim is coming from, that's all.
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's

Last edited by globalist : Nov 7, 2011 at 06:34 AM.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 08:17 AM   #19
BBA
GTX 570 SC+ATi GPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
This claim - that negative news about Apple tends to be muted - is truly hilarious. Can you show me where and how exactly Apple doesn't get bad press or how said press gets muted?

On the contrary, any apple issue will get blown out of proportion real fast by tech blogs (who know very well any apple news generates the most views) and the haters are instantly having a field day for weeks on end. Hell, even the MacRumors forums are full of "batterygate", "sirigate", "whatevergate", and that's a stronghold of apple loyalists.

So where exactly can this "cult-like attitute" be observed? Were you forced to attend Macworld or something if you truly feel that way?

I'm not saying Apple never has issues because they do. I just want to understand wherever this claim is coming from, that's all.
Dude, get off it already. If you have never seen the lawyer activity henching websites reporting apple issues or have never witnessed apple deleting threads that expose issues...you are living under a big i-rock.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 08:40 AM   #20
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA View Post
Dude, get off it already. If you have never seen the lawyer activity henching websites reporting apple issues or have never witnessed apple deleting threads that expose issues...you are living under a big i-rock.
Please show me these lawyer activities and apple deleting threads (other than in their own forums which they have a full right to if they choose to do so).
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote