Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Rebel Galaxy

This game looks sick. From the guys that made Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2 which was an amazing game. These guys make very polished work. Out next year, looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird sings

Hopefully the devs are playing a little Starpoint Gemini 2 to see how much fun random quests and multiple angle-turrets are.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:39 PM   #3
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Interesting. Seems like they are trying to tap into some of that Firefly vibe with that video.

Combat doesn't look that impressive though.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:38 PM   #4
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Interesting. Seems like they are trying to tap into some of that Firefly vibe with that video.

Combat doesn't look that impressive though.
That's all i could think of, the entire video. Firefly.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:58 PM   #5
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

My god! Can you imagine how many souls perish when one of those big ships explodes? This a genocide simulator, nothing more. ****ing despicable. Sure maybe the captain is some evil prick and some of his hands, but the guys working down in engineering they just might be good people who have no choice but to work there and provide for their families.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:23 AM   #6
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

OH YEAH! THis could be fricking awesome!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 04:54 AM   #7
vertual
Canopus Pure 3D

vertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete stranger

At least the "guys in Engineering" make a pretty decent income before they are killed, and they probably can afford life insurance for their families to get by on.

But what about the brave men and women who have to walk the hallways? I'm sure they aren't getting salary like the "guys in Engineering," they are working by the hour. They probably don't even put in enough hours to get company health insurance, let alone life insurance for the families. Babby Daddy Dead.

Lots of them, at the hands of someone in a large ship with a small dick and no parental guidance.

Why does every game have to be about killing???

vertual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 05:05 AM   #8
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

that actually looks like it could be fun. Also, am i'm the only one that thought of Abe when the Alien guy appeared?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
the guys working down in engineering
For you, there is Starship Icarus.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 06:58 PM   #10
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Checkout Ancient Space also.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249190/

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 07:59 PM   #11
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Any contractor willing to work on that Death Star spaceship knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA
Old Oct 19, 2015, 06:37 PM   #12
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Releases tomorrow. I'm getting this for sure.

For those that need a 1 sentence summary: it's an open world spaceship game where the ship combat is essentially the naval combat from Assassin's Creed 4. Basically an X style game for people that don't want to dedicate their entire lives to playing it.

Giant Bomb Quick Look:
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:42 PM   #13
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

FIREFLY MUSIC! and Rock and Roll in Space!

WILL BUY!

No seriously, I love the old-west minor guitar rifts in space.

Also, there is a pad game called Space Miner Wars that uses a similar sound track (and is really fun).
Old Oct 21, 2015, 01:56 AM   #14
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Fun for a while but quickly grew old.

Worst part from my point of view was the lack of real 3D movement. I know, I know - it's supposed to be like that because it's broadside combat.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2015, 03:08 AM   #15
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

purchased - damn its been an expensive week for me . still need to get syndicate on friday. brings back fond memories of jupiter incident.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 06:21 AM   #16
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
purchased - damn its been an expensive week for me . still need to get syndicate on friday. brings back fond memories of jupiter incident.
excuse me, what syndicate game are you talking about that brings memories of jupiter incident
Old Oct 21, 2015, 06:27 AM   #17
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

He's talking about Assassin's Creed 2015, AKA Assassin's Creed® Syndicate.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2015, 07:51 AM   #18
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
He's talking about Assassin's Creed 2015, AKA Assassin's Creed® Syndicate.
ah, so it's this game that remind him to jupiter incident... I thought there is another new spaceship game that is similar to jupiter incident there is actually, it's an rts named shallow space and unlocking on steam early access few hours from now.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 09:51 AM   #19
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Fun for a while but quickly grew old.
Yeah I had an inkling that the content would wear thin pretty quickly - same as any open world game that's built via procedural generation (where procedural generation is just combining a limited set of pre-built assets in random ways).

However, the $20 buy-in is a lot easier to swallow than the price for some other open world space games that are also nothing but random permutations of the same limit content sets...
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2015, 03:37 AM   #20
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

can't fly up and down in space!!?? . btw to force a manual save, hit start or ESC, exiting to title, then continuing. that will force a manual save.

Quote:
Old Oct 22, 2015, 04:40 PM   #21
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

This certainly looks cool, though the 2D plane has me a bit turned off. I might bite the bullet at $20 and give it a romp... I like the developers, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'll report back if I do.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2015, 07:38 PM   #22
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
This game looks sick. From the guys that made Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2 which was an amazing game. These guys make very polished work. Out next year, looks awesome!
Looks fun, btw the Torchlight 2 developers Runic Games is working on Hob not this game, this one is being made by two of the original founders of Runic Games, they "didn't made" the Torchlight games, they were part of the team that made it, getting the credit for all the hard work of the rest of the team is not fair imo.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2015, 07:53 PM   #23
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Any contractor willing to work on that Death Star spaceship knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA
Ah, clerks. Thanks for that one.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:05 PM   #24
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Thumbs up

The 2D-ish plane isn't bad at all. Fighters still fly above and below you and you need to adjust so your turrets can target them.

I'm playing with a gamepad (it was recommended) and the 2D keeps objects and ships easy to find and shoot at.

The broadside combat is really fun so far. You have to boost and brake to keep the other ship where you want them and while using your broadside cannons your turrets will auto attack smaller targets. It's a nice change from the usual space shooters (fly around until it's right in front then fire and then around some more until it's in front of you again).

Only played an hour or so, but so far it's fun. I haven't figured out the sensors and defectors yet, and my ship is still pretty basic.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:10 PM   #25
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

I think I played an hour, maybe 90 minutes last night, and I agree this is a fun game if you're interested in the concept and looking for the right thing. This is sort of an "Action RPG set in Space", not a "Space Action RPG" if that makes sense?

While I was playing I thought about what was going on, and there were mobs, and loot, and gear, etc... just it happens to be I'm flying a ship in space. I think it does that pretty well, too. Action was fun, and it's neat being a capital ship rather than a fighter of some sort.

Only downsides I think are that I'm not sure yet how many ships or gear there is... I would like this to be very Diablo-like with cool ships (armour) and weapons that change the look of things and make me more awesome as I progress. Not sure if that will happen, though.

If you're on the fence, try watching some YT videos or Twitch streams to get a feel. I don't think this is for everyone, but it is definitely for someone. Me
Old Oct 24, 2015, 07:16 AM   #26
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I quite like it! I don't mind the lack of vertical axis control at all - an awful lot like naval combat in Blackflag the soundtrack sounds like it should be on ice road truckers though
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2015, 07:26 AM   #27
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Pretty fun game so far. It's worth the 18 bucks they're asking now for sure.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2015, 09:19 AM   #28
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
I quite like it! I don't mind the lack of vertical axis control at all - an awful lot like naval combat in Blackflag the soundtrack sounds like it should be on ice road truckers though
I think that is the point Music is very reminiscent of Firefly. I believe it's all licenced songs from actual artists as well... I'm starting to really like the music
Old Oct 24, 2015, 04:12 PM   #29
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

investigated an unknown signal and got my *** handed to me

Quote:
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:47 PM   #30
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

For me, this is the Sleeper Hit of 2015. Very fun and well-designed game! The "cowboy rock" soundtrack kicks serious ass, too!