Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Dec 29, 2003, 01:13 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tbone587
Radeon R300

Tbone587 is still being judged by the masses

Default TV Wonder Pro Question.

I have a quick question about hooking up my Digital Cable box to a TV Wonder Pro card. This will help me decide whether im going to get one or not. I want to use the composite output from my digital cable box, and hook it into a tv wonder card. If i choose to do it this way, i know ill be able to watch and record, but will i be able to download channel listings? What method does this card use to download the channel listings? Via the cable lines, or do u just provide it with ur zip code or something.
Tbone587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 09:10 AM   #2
vailr
Radeon R300

vailr is still being judged by the masses

Downloadable channel listings are only provided for the analog cable TV channels. The included Windows software program (GuidePlus) uses the Zip Code and downloads the TV listings for the analog channels (choice of either "over the air" or "cable") via internet connection. There's no support for digital TV listings, since the card is an analog-only tuner. Most cable TV systems offer a combination of both analog and digital programming. So if you pay for digital programming, they "throw in" the analog for free. Extra fees for Premium channels, such as HBO, Disney, etc. will apply. These Premium channels can also be found on both analog and digital channel lineups.

Last edited by vailr : Dec 29, 2003 at 09:14 AM.
vailr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Keen
Radeon R520

Keen is still being judged by the masses

Don't get an ATI TV Wonder card! Do some searching of these forums, and you'll find decent replacements.
AthlonXP 1800+ / Soyo Dragon+ / 2x256MB of Crucial PC2100 / Retail 8500 64MB / ATI TV Wonder / Diamond Monster MX300 / 3Com 3C905C / 120GB WD SE HD / 100GB WD HD / Toshiba 16x DVD Drive / LG 16/10/40 CD-RW Drive

"Beware jargon. It usually hides ignorance and carries little knowledge." - Bene Gesserit Coda
Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:04 AM   #4
Eagle117
Radeon R300

Eagle117 is still being judged by the masses

I'll have to agree with that. Find another tuner. This TV Wonder is the second worst card I've owned, only topped by the MSI [email protected]ywhere.
Eagle117 is offline   Reply With Quote