Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Apr 2, 2001, 05:38 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nice

Nice is still being judged by the masses

Question

When I play NHL2001 the graphics are pretty messed up. It looks like it's raining(!) all over the screen. Also, some graphics that should be semi-transparent either disappears or is not transparent at all.
I have tried adding -32bpp at startup of the game, without any (visible) change.

===
My system:
Win2000 Professional
Radeon driver version: 5.13.01.3102

Radeon DDR 64 MB VIVO
Duron [email protected]
512MB Ram
MSI K7TPro2
SB Live! Platinum
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2001, 06:42 PM   #2
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Hey,

Its because its in 16bit colour quality. the only way to switch it to 32 bit is to do this in the command line.

All you have to do is place -32bpp at the end of the shortcut command line. If you still dont know on how to do this, this may help.

1st. right click on the NHL2001 icon.
2nd. type in -32bpp in the command line a the very end.
3rd. click apply,
4th. click OK
5th. RUN GAME.

Hope this helps....

If not, post back here....
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2001, 02:32 AM   #3
Paragon

Paragon is still being judged by the masses

I tried the switch -32bpp but the game still ran in 16 bit color. I knew because I was still suffering the "raining" graphic errors. I typed the command just like it was written.

My command line is: "E:\Games\NHL 2001\nhl2001.exe" -32bpp

I can fix the "raining" lines by changing my Radeon alpha dithering to "ordered" instead of "error-diffusion", but since the Radeon is slow in 16 bit, running NHL 2001 in 32 bit color should improve performance.

Can you tell me how to get 32 bit color working in NHL 2001? Am I typing the command line correctly? And how will I know if I am actually running NHL 2001 in 32 bit color?

Thanks for any help.
Paragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 3, 2001, 08:02 AM   #4
Nice

Nice is still being judged by the masses

I have tried using the -32bpp command line switch, but it doesn't seem to be any different. I would guess the game is still running in 16 bit.
I will try using ordered dithering and see what that's like. Does this fix missing backgrounds in in-game menus?
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2001, 11:31 AM   #5
Critter
Radeon R200

Critter is still being judged by the masses

I want profile for NHL2001 !! Anyone ?!?!
Terratec DMX-XFire 1024
384MB, WinME/XP
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2001, 01:45 AM   #6
Paragon

Paragon is still being judged by the masses

With ordered dithering I still get some menu graphic errors, but it fixes the raining effect.

The Radeon is a nice card, but NHL 2001 ran at about the same speed (I use the same detail levels) on my old Celeron 416 with a TNT card as it does now with my Celeron 850 and Radeon.

I was hoping when I updgraded that I could increase the detail levels...

Now if we could find out if it was really possible to run NHL 2001 in 32 bit color, it would be great, since it should run faster and with no errors since dithering only happens in 16 bit color...

BTW does anyone know if NHL 2001 has any FPS counters built in? So you could see the exact FPS?
Paragon is offline   Reply With Quote