Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 20, 2003, 01:06 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default The next Star Trek movie based on the Star Trek Voyager universe?

Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 01:07 AM   #2
_leech_
Banned

_leech_ is still being judged by the masses

Ewwww...
_leech_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 01:08 AM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

BOO!!! Finish off the DS9 saga DAMMIT!

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2003, 01:09 AM   #4
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Star Trek is going down the toilet fast. There milking it harder and harder.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 01:50 AM   #5
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

They should really STOP killing the Borg concept as Voyager has been doing it during the last seasons.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 02:02 AM   #6
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryo-Ohki
They should really STOP killing the Borg concept as Voyager has been doing it during the last seasons.
Yeah seriously, but the stupid finale set it up for a movie conclusion...

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 20, 2003, 04:37 AM   #7
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

I'm not sure how a Star Trek movie with the Voyager crew, however great the theory is, would work. They've gotten back to the Alpha quadrant, Voyager was all about them in the Delta quadrant. What more is there to do?

I don't know, it could be interesting. But we've already had "First Contact", let this one have a new alien that can tear the Borg to shreds, something like Species 8472...

@ Zero: DS9 saga's finished. The station is still going, but the original crew had left the station and gone their separate ways. And Sisko's not there anymore (not telling why, it's a spoiler to those who haven't seen the finale). What do you want, a reunion?

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)

Last edited by klutzon : Apr 20, 2003 at 04:40 AM.
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 04:57 AM   #8
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by klutzon

@ Zero: DS9 saga's finished. The station is still going, but the original crew had left the station and gone their separate ways. And Sisko's not there anymore (not telling why, it's a spoiler to those who haven't seen the finale). What do you want, a reunion?

SPOILERS AHEAD !

He specifically said he'd be back.

Yeah, DS9 finale pretty much rounded up everything but... There's still room for a sequel.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 06:00 AM   #9
_maximilian_
:sexy:

_maximilian_ is still being judged by the masses

If its true I can die happy.

Voayger is the best star-trek ever.
_maximilian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 07:44 AM   #10
Unicron
Radeon Evergreen

Unicron is still being judged by the masses

Default Star Trek is dead ...

Anything after DS9 is not Star Trek to me ... more like a pale imitation.

And after Nemesis I don't think we'll see Star Trek in the movies for some time ... if ever.

VI was the last really good ST film for me ...
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 08:45 AM   #11
ready2rumbelX
InSaneX

ready2rumbelX is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by _maximilian_
If its true I can die happy.

Voayger is the best star-trek ever.
I SOO agree! I enjoy watching Voyager more than all the other Star Trek shows. And i'm also thrilled that they're finally changing the cast, concerning the Star Trek movies....don't get me wrong, Picard and co. is cool, but enough now, huh?

I'm sure the moive with the Voyager crew is gonna be ace!!

ready2rumbel

-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz
-Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard
-2x2GB DDR2 G.Skill PC-6400 (@ 850Mhz) RAM (4-4-4-11)
-Western Digital 500GB + Seagate 1.5TB SATA II HDD
-MSI GTX 480 1536 MB GDDR 5 (850/1700/8000)
-Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) + Ubuntu 10.10 (x64)
-Realtek HD (ALC899A) w/ Creative PC Works 5.1
-2 x L.G DVD/CD-RW Combo - GSA-H62N
ready2rumbelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 08:57 AM   #12
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

While I would love to see a new startrek movie, that page doesn't exactly show anything more than a hypathetical sceanrio. There just isn't anything there!

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 09:20 AM   #13
_maximilian_
:sexy:

_maximilian_ is still being judged by the masses

hmm, shame. it is not a feature movie.

It is a production especially produced for a theme park ride in the USA and Europe featuring a trip through a Borg ship!
_maximilian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 10:50 AM   #14
Yeuemmaimai
Banned

Yeuemmaimai is still being judged by the masses

voyager was lame lame lame lame

Enterprise is wayyyy better it is like the STNG after the 2nd season
Yeuemmaimai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 11:41 AM   #15
Nazgul
Radeon Evergreen

Nazgul is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Yeuemmaimai
voyager was lame lame lame lame

Enterprise is wayyyy better it is like the STNG after the 2nd season
Personally I've found Enterprise to be pretty dull this year. The storylines haven't been very original, many of them have felt like re-hashed TNG plots. Now I hear there's going to be some new threat to earth introduced at the end of this year that will force Enterprise to journey into a previously uncharted region of space. Maybe it'll work, I dunno. Sounds a little like what Babylon5 wanted to do with "Crusade".
"The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. 'Old fool!' he said. 'Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!' And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade."
Nazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 11:42 AM   #16
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally posted by klutzon
Yeah, it's the whole Sisko story-line that feels incomplete to me. There's no sense of closure there because he's neither *here* nor *there* if you catch my drift.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 20, 2003, 11:46 AM   #17
Nazgul
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryo-Ohki
SPOILERS AHEAD !

He specifically said he'd be back.

Yeah, DS9 finale pretty much rounded up everything but... There's still room for a sequel.
I for one would love to see them come up with a large-scale adventure that reunites the DS9 crew. Maybe even something along the lines of what started Star Trek 3, where they were at odds with Starfleet. Some enemy/force/whatever threatening Bajor, and the Federation being unwilling to help, so the old gang go back to defend the place they once called home. I'm sure they could find a way to work in all the main characters if they wanted to. DS9 was by far my favorite Trek, I'd love to see that story continued in some fashion. Heck, they could probably bring in some of the Maquis crew from Voyager, since it's likely they'd have ties in that area, and I doubt they were all just handed Starfleet commissions on their return.
"The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. 'Old fool!' he said. 'Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!' And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade."
Old Apr 20, 2003, 01:45 PM   #18
Viper67857
Confederate Folder

Viper67857 is still being judged by the masses

as long as they have seven of nine prancing around in that tight uniform showing off those DD's, it'll be acceptable...Troi is starting to show her age, so that crew's gotta go.
Powercolor Radeon 9700 non-pro @ 324/297 / Viewsonic P95f+B 1600x1200 @ 85hz
Onboard Sound / Logitech Z560 4.1 THX Speakers
36GB WD Raptor/ 2x120GB WD SATA
Plextor DVDR PX708A / Lite-On XJ-HD166 16X DVD-ROM
Windows XP Pro SP2 / DX9.0c
Viper67857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 08:18 PM   #19
Fat Jez
Radeon Evergreen

Fat Jez is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Viper67857
as long as they have seven of nine prancing around in that tight uniform showing off those DD's, it'll be acceptable...Troi is starting to show her age, so that crew's gotta go.
I thought Nemesis was the last TNG film? And they already killed off some of those anyway.

Cheers,
Jez
Old Apr 21, 2003, 02:31 AM   #20
Lucien
Rage3D Veteran

Lucien is still being judged by the masses

The thing that drives me nuts about the Star Trek movies is they seem like TV episodes.They do not excibit that polished movie feel with the exception of the first one.Start Trek the Motion picture was boring but it seemed like they put a lot of money into it and it was serious.The rest try to infuse shitty humor that made the movies chessy. My 2 cents
Lucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 04:28 AM   #21
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat_Jez
I thought Nemesis was the last TNG film? And they already killed off some of those anyway.

Cheers,
Jez
It's the last TNG film, I didn't think it was the last ever film.

First Contact is still my favourite, it's the film that got me into Star Trek in the first place.

John

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 04:43 AM   #22
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

DS9 was the best.
i sorta grew up on TNG, but DS9 was so great once it got a steady story going. (although babylon did kind of force them to push a single story, it was definitly for the better).

it took me a long time to really enjoy Voyager. but i do like it. DS9 just gives me a fuzzy feeling.

and Enterprise sux. period.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 04:48 AM   #23
Mac6yver
Radeon R520

Mac6yver is still being judged by the masses

Some of you people are crazy. DS9 was the best SciFi series ever. It was the most intelligent and well thought out Trek. The others pale in comparison.
Mac6yver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 10:37 AM   #24
Yeuemmaimai
Banned

Yeuemmaimai is still being judged by the masses

DS9 was great until they turned it into a night time soap oprah, after that it was all down hill.............
Yeuemmaimai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 10:45 AM   #25
PreservedSwine
When's dinner?

PreservedSwine is still being judged by the masses

I never got into DS9 at all, but could stomach Voyager for a while. I still like Janeway, but Chicote' was such a wuss....in fact, all the guys were wussies on voyager, and the women were tough....go figure....
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government—lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry
PreservedSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:18 AM   #26
Heymanyo
Banned

Heymanyo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by PreservedSwine
I never got into DS9 at all, but could stomach Voyager for a while. I still like Janeway, but Chicote' was such a wuss....in fact, all the guys were wussies on voyager, and the women were tough....go figure....
IDK, Paris wasnt that much of a wuss. He had some..... spunk But i agree, the woman were pretty tough, and hot (7 of 9 ), and the guys were mostly gigantic pusses.
Heymanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:19 AM   #27
_leech_
Banned

_leech_ is still being judged by the masses

Voyager's always been my least favourite ST series... by a wide margin. Something about Janeway really ticks me off...
_leech_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:28 AM   #28
Yooper
Radeon R520

Yooper is still being judged by the masses

booo, star trek Voyager sucks!!!!!!!!, Star trek TNG is the best! Nemesis isn't that bad of a movie, its better than star wars ep.2 any star trek show made after TNG and dc9 sucks, they don't have that star trek feeling.
3DFX for life!
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
General George Patton (1885-1945)
Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:32 AM   #29
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by niqht
DS9 was the best.
i sorta grew up on TNG, but DS9 was so great once it got a steady story going. (although babylon did kind of force them to push a single story, it was definitly for the better).

it took me a long time to really enjoy Voyager. but i do like it. DS9 just gives me a fuzzy feeling.

and Enterprise sux. period.
I didn't like the first two and half series of Voyager, but I thought it really picked up near the end of the third series. I'm not meaning the introduction of Seven of Nine...

I really got into Voyager with the scorpion episodes and year of hell - I think that's one the best Voyagers. Chakotay was a wuss, but he was the one that eventually partnered Seven of Nine

I thought the Doctor and Seven of Nine made for some amusing episodes, plus I thought Voyager was a kick ass ship, although to was the Defiant.

As for Enterprise, I've tried and tried but I just can't get into it so far which is annoying since it's the only Star Trek there is these days.

John

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:33 AM   #30
Nazgul
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally posted by Yooper
booo, star trek Voyager sucks!!!!!!!!, Star trek TNG is the best! Nemesis isn't that bad of a movie, its better than star wars ep.2
Calling a movie "better than Attack Of The Clones" is like calling someone "more holy than the Antichrist", it's not exactly high praise.