Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Old Jan 25, 2022, 03:23 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Default P&R Message Area is broken

So in the P&R forum, anytime I try to use any button functions in the 'Message:' area it does not work on Edge or in Chrome. I can still manually code the commands and they function after that. But all of the buttons in the 'Message:' area including the 'Smiles' are non-functional.

For example, if I were to hit the 'Quote' button or the 'Insert Image' button it does nothing. Same for the emojis. They don't work in the P&R forums.

The 'Message:' area seems to function in all other areas though...

It's really strange.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 04:44 PM   #2
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

It's working for me, I just bolded the word test.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...postcount=6954
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 05:34 PM   #3
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

What am I doing wrong....

You'd think that if it didn't work on 2 different browsers... Edge and Chrome are both funky.

Let me look into it more on my end then...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 25, 2022, 05:36 PM   #4
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hmmm. It seems to be working now.

Old Jan 25, 2022, 07:25 PM   #5
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Well alrighty then!
Old Jan 31, 2022, 04:00 AM   #6
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

It's doing it again. No buttons work when I try to reply. I'll press the post button and it'll set there for like a minute and then do nothing.

If I refresh the page a lot, it then kicks in and works. Strange thing is that it is not allowing me to post either. And it's just in the P&R still.

Strange.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:57 AM   #7
acroig
Troll SMod

Maybe a P&R mod is messing with ya? Exposed has a wicked sense of humor.....
Old Jan 31, 2022, 05:24 PM   #8
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Nice try acroig

Could be a browser/cache issue.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2022, 06:29 PM   #9
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Nice try acroig

Could be a browser/cache issue.
I've cleared the cache a few times on both Chrome and Edge.

It's so odd.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 08:34 PM   #10
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, it's doing it again.

Old Feb 4, 2022, 08:44 PM   #11
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

It looks like the td.panelsurround wasn't fully loading for whatever reason. The images were loading but the code that was in the class 'panelsurround' wasn't populating for some weird reason. The page looks to be constantly loading panelsurround. That's why I can't seem to post from time to time.

So odd.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 08:54 PM   #12
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

I think I have found something.

So, I can sometimes successfully post but it takes a few minutes for the page to load.

When it is successful it says it's waiting for api.viflink.com, Takes about 10 to 20 seconds, then the page is saying 'establishing secure connection' and sitting there another 30 seconds to 2 minutes, then I show that the connection isn't secure and that the site doesn't have a valid certificate.

Then sometimes I simply can't post.

When it is unsuccessful it just sits there at 'establishing secure connection' and does nothing. I can type in the message box but hitting the preview or post buttons does nothing.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 08:56 PM   #13
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

By the way, this seems to ONLY happen in the P&R for some reason.

Does the P&R check some database to allow users in? Also could that database be degrading?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:29 PM   #14
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

It's doing it again.

api.viglink.com is taking 60+ seconds to respond.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:20 AM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This has been an ongoing thing for me across all forums for some time now, but it’s very rare and never lasts long. I never have nailed down the issue. Multiple browsers as well.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2022, 01:03 PM   #16
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I'll ask Ichy to check the viglink code.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2022, 03:03 PM   #17
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thanks.