Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:16 PM   #1501
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Cant really drive around yet, so ordered in...

Salmon sushi pizza

Spicy tuna and salmon rolls.

**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:18 PM   #1502
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Cant really drive around yet, so ordered in...

Salmon sushi pizza

Spicy tuna and salmon rolls.

My god them rolls look heavenly, so jelly
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:37 PM   #1503
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

If I could get sushi delivered I'd probably die of mercury poisoning.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:42 PM   #1504
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Lol same here, I make my own but it's so not the same
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:43 PM   #1505
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
If I could get sushi delivered I'd probably die of mercury poisoning.

I love sushi as well.

There is this place by us that get's fresh fish delivered daily. (like one of those super legit in the hole places). That has a 18.99 all you can eat sushi that we go to. When we found it, we thought sweet. A sushi place local. Didn't think it'd be anything special, or super expensive. But it was like god him self hand crafted this facility. It's not a big place by any means, about 10-12 tables, and the chef sits in the middle with a big super nice layout in the middle and makes it there. And in the back you can see them filleting stuff.

Every time I leave I'm pretty sure I can see the mercury in my veins.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:45 PM   #1506
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post

I love sushi as well.

There is this place by us that get's fresh fish delivered daily. (like one of those super legit in the hole places). That has a 18.99 all you can eat sushi that we go to. When we found it, we thought sweet. A sushi place local. Didn't think it'd be anything special, or super expensive. But it was like god him self hand crafted this facility. It's not a big place by any means, about 10-12 tables, and the chef sits in the middle with a big super nice layout in the middle and makes it there. And in the back you can see them filleting stuff.

Every time I leave I'm pretty sure I can see the mercury in my veins.
I could eat good sushi until it bled out of my eyes.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:52 PM   #1507
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

this is grossing me out.
can switch come in with some grilled meat pics or something?

we had take-out pizza. very meh, not pic worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:58 PM   #1508
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
this is grossing me out.
can switch come in with some grilled meat pics or something?

we had take-out pizza. very meh, not pic worthy
Have you tried good sushi though, just wondering.

It's freaking amazing if done correctly
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:02 PM   #1509
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

First time trying that place, i usually stick to my go to places but they are too far to deliver. This is literally 5min away... OMG
Kinda of expensive, but the portions are fairly bigger (size and amount of rolls) than most typical places, so there's some justification for the price. Also, it seems more fresh as well. Definitely will try again.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:07 PM   #1510
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
yeah, i heard that about a prince albert, too

to each his own, I suppose. Have a co-worker that is always raving about some place she gets it at in Atlanta...not my thing, though.

Quote:
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:11 PM   #1511
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
yeah, i heard that about a prince albert, too

to each his own, I suppose. Have a co-worker that is always raving about some place she gets it at in Atlanta...not my thing, though.
It's at least worth a try man, I initially thought wtf to trying it a few years ago and once it entered my mouth it was honestly one of the best things I had ever tasted.

Easily in my top 10 foods
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:38 PM   #1512
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

Pretty much this. Everyone I've ever met who "had sushi and didn't like it". Had bad sushi, and it ruined that initial experience.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:49 PM   #1513
ultimadrift
Radeon Evergreen

ultimadrift is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

I don't know if drenching sushi in sauces and tempura flakes is done correctly...Americans
ultimadrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:40 PM   #1514
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimadrift View Post
I don't know if drenching sushi in sauces and tempura flakes is done correctly...Americans
Nope, in fact when if you are at a real traditional place(where you sit in front of the chef at a bar style). Using too much soy sauce is considered an insult to the chef and can even get you removed from the restaurant. They are really picky about that kind of stuff.

Just like the place I mentioned earlier that we go to. While it's completely totally awesome they have an 18.99 all you can eat sushi one. If you over order and don't finish your food you actually are charged for "food wasting".
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Mar 21, 2014, 02:46 AM   #1515
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

i also love (good) sushi, my lady hates it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:24 PM   #1516
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

Posting breakfast instead of dinner. Deal with it.
Monkey Bread aka diabetes on a plate...

Quote:
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:46 PM   #1517
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

That is not breakfast...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:56 PM   #1518
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

Trust me, I was at my house this morning. It was.

From wikipedia:

Quote:
Monkey bread, also called monkey puzzle bread, sticky bread, African coffee cake, golden crown, pinch-me cake, pluck-it cake, bubbleloaf and monkey brains is a sweet, sticky, gooey pastry served in the United States for breakfast.
So there

Quote:
Old Mar 22, 2014, 02:44 PM   #1519
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Posting breakfast instead of dinner. Deal with it.
Monkey Bread aka diabetes on a plate...
I think I puked in my mouth a little. Dafuq's dat!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2014, 02:49 PM   #1520
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyUb3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Its sugar covered bread. I don't see how that can make you sick... aside from the aforementioned diabetes

'murica
Old Mar 22, 2014, 02:51 PM   #1521
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I think I puked in my mouth a little. Dafuq's dat!
and I thought you'd be happy with a pic of my big brown ring...

Quote:

Last edited by wabbitslayer : Mar 22, 2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 02:58 PM   #1522
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Was craving some pancakes this morning... tossed in some choco chips and then some home made maple syrup direct from a friends cottage.

Perfect
Old Mar 22, 2014, 03:18 PM   #1523
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Perfect

They would be perfect, if there was 3x the chocolate chips

I used to make chocolate chip pancakes a lot... really quick and really tasty. I found that a single pancake was quicker to make than several, so I would just make one dinner plate sized pancake (which can be a b*tch to flip) and win at breakfast.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2014, 03:37 PM   #1524
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

I used to put more in, but it became too sweet. Let alone it messed around with the texture, became too doughy in the middle. Hard to find the right balance
Old Mar 22, 2014, 03:43 PM   #1525
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

looks like you're using a skillet. I couldn't make decent pancakes in a skillet if my life depended on it. I do OK on the electric griddle, but I lack skillet skillz.

Making pulled pork tacos for tonight using this recipe. Also threw in a bunch of cumin b/c I love cumin...and the ones for me are going to have a bunch of crushed cayenne as well.

Quote:
Old Mar 23, 2014, 01:25 PM   #1526
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Also threw in a bunch of cumin b/c I love cumin...
Context is important. I was skimming several threads in different tabs and genuinely didn't realise you meant the seed.

Wait. That still sounds wrong in the context of Rage :-/
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2014, 02:39 PM   #1527
ultimadrift
Radeon Evergreen

ultimadrift is still being judged by the masses

I make da real sushi!

ultimadrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2014, 03:03 PM   #1528
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants View Post
Context is important. I was skimming several threads in different tabs and genuinely didn't realise you meant the seed.

Wait. That still sounds wrong in the context of Rage :-/
Pray, tell us what other tabs you had open if cumin in a food thread needed context

It's like unicorns vomiting chocolate rainbows all over me as I float through a lollipop garden on a magic carpet.

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes. ;-)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2014, 03:39 PM   #1529
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaSpawn64 View Post
Pray, tell us what other tabs you had open if cumin in a food thread needed context
Other rage threads.

Nuff said
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2014, 03:51 PM   #1530
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimadrift View Post
I make da real sushi!

Do you know of a way to do a decent job of making tamago in a round pan? I've tried a couple of times and it seems generally pita... but it's so tasty...
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote