Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:16 PM   #511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I know the feeling.
Same.

Turns out with a Suzuki GSXR750 I was only marginally faster on track this year than I was last year with a 20 year old FZR600R. It's only one trackday weekend a year, but still: whoops...

Also, MotoGP race last Sunday was phenomenal.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 04:57 PM   #512
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Same.

Turns out with a Suzuki GSXR750 I was only marginally faster on track this year than I was last year with a 20 year old FZR600R. It's only one trackday weekend a year, but still: whoops...

I was waiting for that guy on the little Ninja 300 or Honda 250 to go ripping by me in the turns. Fortunately, it either didn't happen or he did it quick enough I didn't notice what bike it was.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:28 PM   #513
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Let my buddy with 2013 BMW 135is by me on the track, and he kept putting it sideways trying to stay ahead. Stayed back for a lap or two to get some video (probably against my better judgement ), until I got bored of it and convinced him to give me a point by on lap 3.

Made a video to send to him.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:56 PM   #514
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Video from this past Friday's track day at Raceway Park of the Midlands. Wasn't a day to try and run any personal lap records, unfortunately. With the suspension all out of whack from the bushings, hitting some water and losing control of the car, and a good friend of mine putting his car into the wall (car is a total loss) early in the day, I decided to play it safe and keep the speeds down a bit. I was lifting a bit and doing maintenance throttle only in turn 4 instead of running it wide open.

Looking forward to addressing the issues with the car and getting back out there next year. This was the last track day of the season in this car.

Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:17 PM   #515
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Couple laps around Blackhawk Farms Raceway on my Daytona 675R. This was the last event of the season, and the last couple laps of the event. Had a hard time setting up for the turns, so after talking with the instructor we decided to keep the speeds down and work on corner entry, body position, and lean angle.

Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:07 AM   #516
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Funy how on a bike, you always feel like you're super fast. Then you watch the recordings, and it's as if they're in slow motion. Does it feel that way for you too?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 08:45 PM   #517
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Funy how on a bike, you always feel like you're super fast. Then you watch the recordings, and it's as if they're in slow motion. Does it feel that way for you too?
Bigtime, far far more than in a car.

Even during those laps I posted in that last video, I was braking hard enough in the brake zones to get some incredible pressure into my palms from the bars (until I started gripping the tank tighter with my legs), I was damn near completely weighted on the inside peg in turns so my quads and calves were working hard, my knees were gripping the tank as tight as possible to keep my arms/hands loose, etc etc. It was a bit of work.

But...I can barely even watch my own video. It looks painfully slow.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 09:16 PM   #518
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Bigtime, far far more than in a car.

Even during those laps I posted in that last video, I was braking hard enough in the brake zones to get some incredible pressure into my palms from the bars (until I started gripping the tank tighter with my legs), I was damn near completely weighted on the inside peg in turns so my quads and calves were working hard, my knees were gripping the tank as tight as possible to keep my arms/hands loose, etc etc. It was a bit of work.

But...I can barely even watch my own video. It looks painfully slow.
Great progress!

You are going slower than some of the more advanced riders, but it looks like you are hitting some pretty extreme lean angles.
Way more advanced than your average street only rider.

I wish the track in my city didn't close down. Got to travel 3+ hours to hit the nearest track.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2017, 09:19 PM   #519
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
Great progress!

You are going slower than some of the more advanced riders, but it looks like you are hitting some pretty extreme lean angles.
Way more advanced than your average street only rider.

I wish the track in my city didn't close down. Got to travel 3+ hours to hit the nearest track.
Thanks!

That's exactly what I told my instructor I wanted to work on for the day. I literally wrote down body position and corner entry. Then deliberately kept the speeds down. I was hitting 135mph on the front straight on the last track day, but kept it under 115mph this time so I could take the time and focus on the more important things...body position, corner entry, lean angle, and corner exit. Completely ignored speed and braking this time around.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:15 PM   #520
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

A couple of laps around Raceway Park of the Midlands last Friday to finish off the season. Not my best work, but one of the few sessions where I didn't forget to plug in the external mic.

Getting a little quicker each time. Improved by a little over a full second for a 1:45.621. Lots of mistakes made still, but getting there.

Old Nov 3, 2017, 07:20 PM   #521
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

My current fastest lap around RPM from last Friday.

Old Nov 5, 2017, 01:00 PM   #522
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Fantastic finish in MotoGP 2017 at Motegi. Start the video at 4:44 for the good parts. What these guys can do, in the rain no less...is incredible.

Old Nov 6, 2017, 09:36 AM   #523
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Thats insane in that weather.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2017, 09:15 PM   #524
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2017, 03:55 PM   #525
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
Fantastic finish in MotoGP 2017 at Motegi. Start the video at 4:44 for the good parts. What these guys can do, in the rain no less...is incredible.

... and Phillip Island, in the dry, was even better! I just love this series.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 05:55 PM   #526
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

8.48 @ 163.47mph, making his C5 the fastest manual Corvette in the world. Not bad for a salvage title
Old Nov 9, 2017, 08:00 PM   #527
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

That thing stopped being a Corvette a long time ago, but it's a damn fast car and a very fast time.

The most impressive thing about that video is he managed to do it on a T56. WTF.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 07:04 AM   #528
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

lol i was wondering where the corvette was in the video
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 08:43 AM   #529
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
lol i was wondering where the corvette was in the video
It's a full Corvette chassis, I guess it was mangled up pretty good in a wreck, so they removed the body, shortened the rear end, and turned it into this.... thing...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 08:51 AM   #530
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
It's a full Corvette chassis, I guess it was mangled up pretty good in a wreck, so they removed the body, shortened the rear end, and turned it into this.... thing...
That thing is hardly recognizable as a car...let alone any specific model of car. Not to mention all the custom tube chassis work done to it, there are a lot of Corvette chassis components that have been cut off, removed, modified, and other tubular structures added. The only thing left is the basic frame and drivetrain.

He should be calling it the fastest Corvette chassis in the world or something, instead of simply Corvette. Because, let's face it, that's barely even half a Corvette.

Although this car is significantly slower, I find it much much more impressive.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Nov 10, 2017 at 09:00 AM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 08:58 AM   #531
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
That thing is hardly recognizable as a car...let alone any specific model of car. Not to mention all the custom tube chassis work done to it, there are a lot of Corvette chassis components that have been cut off, removed, modified, and other tubular structures added. The only thing left is the basic frame and drivetrain.

He should be calling it the fastest Corvette chassis in the world or something, instead of simply Corvette. Because, let's face it, that's barely even half a Corvette.
How much of that work has to be done on other Corvettes that aspire to be that fast? Also, I can tell it's a Corvette, it still has those sweet Corvette tail lights And the awful dash haha
Old Nov 10, 2017, 09:12 AM   #532
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
How much of that work has to be done on other Corvettes that aspire to be that fast? Also, I can tell it's a Corvette, it still has those sweet Corvette tail lights And the awful dash haha

See the video in my edit above. Most of the Vettes chasing those times don't need the extra tubular safety structure because they still have the OEM safety structure/components still in the car. The C5 was designed to go 175mph and the C6/ZR1 are 200mph+ cars. Safety wise, they're fine. If they're going for a particular class win in actual competition NHRA stuff, they'll need a fully modified chassis likely...but that's a different story.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 02:54 PM   #533
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2018, 09:35 PM   #534
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Bought a new video editing program that makes managing multiple GoPro Cameras a lot easier. Going through some videos from the last 1/2 Mile event and will post them up as I get around to uploading them. Going to purchase two GoPro Hero 5's this year and a remote to simplify the process. That way, I can have a forward cam, rear cam, and a cockpit cam showing the driver actions.

Here's the first video.

Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:13 PM   #535
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Apr 15, 2018, 06:48 PM   #536
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

This is what not to do if you are an instructor and taking a student for a ride-along.....
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2018, 06:56 PM   #537
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
This is what not to do if you are an instructor and taking a student for a ride-along.....
Ouch...
Old May 7, 2018, 08:16 AM   #538
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 07:39 AM   #539
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Some laps around Autobahn Country Club. Running a new camera setup this year. Lost the driver cam and external mic about halfway through the session. I'll be replacing that old GoPro with another GoPro5, so they are all the same.

Old Jun 6, 2018, 09:38 PM   #540
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Another session at Autobahn following my buddy in his BMW 135i.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Jun 6, 2018 at 10:26 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote