Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old May 13, 2016, 08:15 AM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Awesome! Wish I could have made it, how did the day go?
Murphy's Law in effect... It was a trying weekend but I was able to pull that lap off on Sunday. Saturday I was only able to get one competition lap in before problems arose. It was good enough for 2nd place on Saturday. Sunday I was able to get things in order and took 1st along with a new class record. I still messed up a few corners (and really fudged the last corner) on that lap so I can see another half second there that I'm missing.

There are some photos from the event going up here:

http://www.highplainsartusa.com/NASA...ay/NASARPM2016

Quote:
Looks like I'll be at Gateway on July 16th. You ever make it out there?
Yep, been there and hate it.. It's nothing but walls.... Here are some no-so-fast laps there from about two years ago:

https://vimeo.com/90995195

Short track so you do get a lot of repetitions during your sessions. However, the track is pretty boring overall. The banking is fun at first, but it's pretty mild compared to other banked tracks.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2016, 10:13 AM   #422
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Great photos, and congrats on the class win!

I had declined the track at first, but I have a friend that lives down there and he talked me into it. So me and a couple friends are going to join him at the track. It didn't really seem like a BRZ friendly course, but they insist it's a great place for slower cars. Seemed like a short bank, a medium straight, then diving into the infield with not much squiggly stuff where the BRZ would really shine.
Old May 13, 2016, 08:33 PM   #423
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

The delta between laps times of the high HP cars and the lower HP cars is much smaller on Gateway since it's a small track. Lap time are around 1.10 - 1.20 or so. With that, you'll get plenty of laps in per session.

It's not bad, but there are just more fun tracks around. The bumpiness coming off the oval into the infield for T1 is always interesting..
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 13, 2016, 09:16 PM   #424
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:11 PM   #425
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Interesting race day at the 'Ring. Picks up a bit at about 3:50 into the video.

Old Jun 24, 2016, 01:21 PM   #426
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Nissan GTR vs Drone

Old Jun 29, 2016, 01:00 PM   #427
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Jun 30, 2016, 09:10 PM   #428
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Aug 4, 2016, 07:51 PM   #429
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Aug 13, 2016, 09:59 PM   #430
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Out on the track in my BRZ having some fun with a friend of mine in his BMW.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Sep 7, 2016 at 08:16 AM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2016, 08:28 AM   #431
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Out on the track having some fun with a friend of mine in his BMW.

Dat tire chirp

Welp, your alignment seems quite spot on
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:19 PM   #432
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Why are all of my YT videos a black screen that I can't click?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2016, 01:03 PM   #433
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Why are all of my YT videos a black screen that I can't click?
Doing it here as well. I've asked about it, but not sure what's up yet.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:14 AM   #434
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Initial timed time trial session on the Saturday of the event (Motorsport Park Hastings).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 09:47 PM   #435
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Friend of mine in his Sprite race car during a Vintage race event at Grattan this past weekend.

Old Aug 31, 2016, 06:34 AM   #436
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

not exactly racing, but uuuh.... the two are kinda racing...i guess. Whatever, TOYS FOR TEH BOYS!!!!!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:35 AM   #437
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Took the ZO6 to the dragstrip last night. I go once a year for an annual attempt to get into the 10's. Not really much of a dragracer, so it's been a struggle. In 2014 I ran a 11.6xx, and 2015 I ran a 11.504, and this year I ran a 11.410. So this is the best pass I've ever made. Dropping it 1/10th every year.

10's is going to be a while at this rate.

Old Oct 8, 2016, 08:41 PM   #438
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

There is at least 3 tenths in those shifts, but I would probably break something lol

That is a really nice rabid engine sound
Old Oct 8, 2016, 09:19 PM   #439
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
There is at least 3 tenths in those shifts, but I would probably break something lol

That is a really nice rabid engine sound
There is absolutely room in the shifting. Still running the stock trans, and I decided a long time ago that sacrificing a few tenths to be able to drive the car back home is definitely worth it.

There is so much room left in the launch, there is no point in beating the trans to death.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:54 PM   #440
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Took the ZO6 to the dragstrip last night. I go once a year for an annual attempt to get into the 10's. Not really much of a dragracer, so it's been a struggle. In 2014 I ran a 11.6xx, and 2015 I ran a 11.504, and this year I ran a 11.410. So this is the best pass I've ever made. Dropping it 1/10th every year.

10's is going to be a while at this rate.

11.4 is a really good time with an even better trap speed. Must not be anything much on the street that can Challenge you.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2016, 07:05 AM   #441
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
11.4 is a really good time with an even better trap speed. Must not be anything much on the street that can Challenge you.
On the street? No.

If a car isn't rated at the very least 600hp, it doesn't have a chance whatsoever. Especially at high speeds. A car with 450 horsepower is still considered pretty fast, and there really are't THAT many on the road. In racing cars with 450hp in the 1/2 mile, wins are measured in many many bus lengths. It's an entirely different league of performance.

That said, I keep the racing entirely to the track. I drive like a grandpa on the street. The car has enough going on with brake noise, blow off valve, clutch disk noise, and exhaust that it's still an experience to drive slow.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 08:37 AM   #442
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Some video I took from F1 this weekend. I only went Saturday, and wound up missing most of qualifying because it took so long to walk around to find a certain food place (which didn't have any of the food we expected, just had shitty ass race food) Still had a good time, the vintage F1 race was awesome, as was the Porsche race. Turn 15 is great. If I had gone on Sunday it would have just been general admission. My wife and I got too sunburnt on Saturday to want to go on Sunday, so we resold our tickets.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:22 PM   #443
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Not really a racing vid, just a vid of me putting a douche in his place. Was playing asshole games with me in traffic. Badged as an M3 in the rear but I doubt it, front looks more like a 335i.

This was really a test for my new camera (a cheap go pro knock off), video is unlisted and I will take it down after a few days. Plus this happened in Mexico so the Mexican authorities might be after me.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 06:31 PM   #444
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Looks like an M3 to me. Did it have quad exhaust or just duals?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2016, 07:46 PM   #445
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Not really a racing vid, just a vid of me putting a douche in his place. Was playing asshole games with me in traffic. Badged as an M3 in the rear but I doubt it, front looks more like a 335i.

This was really a test for my new camera (a cheap go pro knock off), video is unlisted and I will take it down after a few days. Plus this happened in Mexico so the Mexican authorities might be after me.
He was saying "that's a cool car" and you're calling him a douche.

Not surprising given the car you drive and the fact that you're listening to Howard Stern.

ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2016, 09:02 PM   #446
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Looks like an M3 to me. Did it have quad exhaust or just duals?
Not sure if I recall, he was behind me most of the time. Also dodging dangerously in and out of traffic like a madman.

Quote:
He was saying "that's a cool car" and you're calling him a douche.

Not surprising given the car you drive and the fact that you're listening to Howard Stern.

Whoa whoa, don't be so quick to judge...he was tailgating me like he was on a mission before I began recording lol. I also wasn't sure what he was saying, I thought he was telling me something like "I just blew a coil" or something.

Also what's not to like about Howard Stern?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 02:16 PM   #447
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Video from Spa Francorchamps in Belgium earlier this year. My friends and I rented a couple Toyota GT86's from RingGarage.de near the Nurburgring and drove them to Belgium for an open track day at Spa. We stayed up most of the night before the track day running laps around Spa on Forza 6 to try and learn the turns/track layout.

The best part of the track were La Rouge near the start (56sec in video), which is a high speed uphill S turn. After a series of turns, there is a hard downhill righthand carousel (1:50). That was interesting, throwing all the weight to the outside on the downhill and making the car understeer bad. The last fun part of the track is the back straights with easy turns. You can really bring some speed into the last stretch and then have to haul it down to 2nd gear for a couple hairpin turns in a row (3:14). Really cool track. Hope to get there again some day.

Old Nov 6, 2016, 08:04 PM   #448
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

What a nice track!

Thanks for sharing!

I assume those had the same GT86's 206HP as in NA?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 08:28 PM   #449
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
What a nice track!

Thanks for sharing!

I assume those had the same GT86's 206HP as in NA?
This was back in May. Had some free time this weekend and started uploading some videos I hadn't done yet. I uploaded a clip of it I think a while back where the Lotus guy nearly hit us, but that's it I think.

They were the older models, so 200hp N/A. They were stock except for tires and brake pads.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 06:23 PM   #450
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I ran into a 500+ whp big turbo STI last night. I'll let the video speak for itself (I'm in the first half).