Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:46 AM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

I can't tell from your video, but was this the Copper FRS?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sovans...7660478526632/

By red mist, I can see you start driving harder when someone passes you, trying to keep up. That can be dangerous at times (and it appears to be mainly what caused the spin as you went into T13 with a lot more speed on the spin than your other recorded laps).
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:59 AM   #392
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I can't tell from your video, but was this the Copper FRS?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sovans...7660478526632/

By red mist, I can see you start driving harder when someone passes you, trying to keep up. That can be dangerous at times (and it appears to be mainly what caused the spin as you went into T13 with a lot more speed on the spin than your other recorded laps).
Oh, gotcha. Yes...that's exactly what happened. I was keeping up with that Vette in the turns, but he had way too much power. I realized the mistake as soon as I came to a stop in the grass. Looked at the corner worker and sat there thinking "you know better than that".

I don't know if that's the same FRS, but it looks similar. (EDIT: That's the one...using the exact same numbers)

Last edited by OverclockN' : Nov 2, 2015 at 09:20 AM.
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 01:00 PM   #393
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I don't know if that's the same FRS, but it looks similar. (EDIT: That's the one...using the exact same numbers)
I know the owner, and I'm quite surprised. He was driving well at our NASA event. Maybe something was broken on his car...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 4, 2015, 08:47 AM   #394
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

OC getting caught for being naughty...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:48 AM   #395
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Old Nov 5, 2015, 09:03 AM   #396
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

The orange one got flagged for speed checking other cars?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:51 AM   #397
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
The orange one got flagged for speed checking other cars?
I'm not sure what you said even means, but...

I was the one who got flagged (blue BRZ). It was from a previous lap, passing in a no passing zone.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 01:40 PM   #398
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

I was the one who got flagged (blue BRZ). It was from a previous lap, passing in a no passing zone.
Oh ****! I never realized you guys actually raced together.. I thought it was tongue in cheek because of the vehicle type.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 01:51 PM   #399
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
Oh ****! I never realized you guys actually raced together.. I thought it was tongue in cheek because of the vehicle type.
That's not Mahjik's F-Type. We both visit that same track, but we haven't been there at the same time yet.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 02:34 PM   #400
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
That's not Mahjik's F-Type. We both visit that same track, but we haven't been there at the same time yet.
Ohh.. I get it now.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 04:55 PM   #401
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

I have seen racers speed check following cars to make them slam the brakes
and make them miss their apex/turn...

So it looks like the orange one got bumped by the blue one...
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:01 AM   #402
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
I have seen racers speed check following cars to make them slam the brakes
and make them miss their apex/turn...

So it looks like the orange one got bumped by the blue one...
There was no contact and it wasn't a race, just a track day. It was the first session and the track surface was still completely wet from rain that morning. The FRS just simply spun out. Here's a view from my helmet cam.

Old Nov 6, 2015, 09:35 AM   #403
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Got it, thanks for the vid.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 09:37 AM   #404
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Tesla S P90D vs Ford GT (modified)

Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:39 AM   #405
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Quote:
Tesla S P90D vs Ford GT (modified)

Missing one character in the YT link:

Old Mar 22, 2016, 01:34 PM   #406
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:09 PM   #407
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Last edited by OverclockN' : Apr 1, 2016 at 02:44 PM.
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2016, 08:18 PM   #408
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Short clip of me on Spa Francorchamps in Belgium. My friends and I rented a couple GT86 cars for the day and attended a track day. I'm still sorting my videos, but my friend has been going through them to find this guy in the grey Lotus.

I started my turn in point in this video and the Lotus tries to squeeze in at the last second. Saw him flash by in the mirror and I backed off my line to let him squeeze through. My friend, was not so lucky. He collided with him during the last session of the day.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 08:46 PM   #409
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

I've seen worse (and recently)...
Old Apr 25, 2016, 08:59 PM   #410
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
I've seen worse (and recently)...
Yep. Did the same thing to my buddy, and he had to fork over $3000 in damage to the rental GT86. Damn shame, as he was looking in toward the Apex and the guy passed on the outside and nailed him. I managed to see him and pulled out in time. This was a simple track day where there was suppose to be no passing in any turns, period. It ended up being a free-for-all. They don't really repremand drivers over seas, it seems.

Hope you weren't involved with whatever incident you mentioned.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 09:06 PM   #411
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Hope you weren't involved with whatever incident you mentioned.
Almost was... It was when I was instructing the 911 I posted in the other thread. Someone with no respect for authority decided they wanted to "test out their American muscle" during a beginners session. It was a Chrysler 300 He didn't hit anyone, but came close way too many times and almost crashed... He was removed from the event.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:45 PM   #412
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

A lap around the Nurburgring in the BMW M3 'Ring Taxi with a couple of my friends. There were 6 of us, so we split into 2 groups and did back to back runs. Was totally worth it getting to run around the track at speed.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:40 PM   #413
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

2nd Ring Taxi lap.

Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:53 PM   #414
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So, best holiday ever?
Old May 2, 2016, 06:36 PM   #415
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Various parts of the last session I did at Road America this past weekend. Group C, which I prefer to run in, was over capacity so they asked if anyone wanted to bump down to Group D that had fewer cars. My friends and I chose to do it in hope to get some clean laps once we cleared traffic.

I chose to pay for an extra session on Sunday when the sun dried up the track. Since my friends cars were broke, it was just me and Group D. Some of the guys didn't know to lift yet to let slower cars pass on the straights after the point by, but it was still good fun. Unfortunately, the clean lap plan broke apart when I was late getting the car ready for the last minute session and I got behind most of the cars in the session at the false grid.

Old May 3, 2016, 02:00 PM   #416
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Don't forget, an option is always to drive through pit lane to get some distance on the slower drivers then get back at it.
Old May 3, 2016, 02:13 PM   #417
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Don't forget, an option is always to drive through pit lane to get some distance on the slower drivers then get back at it.
Definitely. They deliberately spaced them waaaay out. Most of the session was in that vid, minus maybe 3.5min or so. There were times I had a half lap maybe before anything else came up, but man they did a great job at giving those guys space. Didn't really mind, still had fun. Plus, there wasn't any negativity in the download meeting after.

Except for the black 944. He asked why I wouldn't take the pass when he offered it twice. Just told him I had my foot to the floor, that's all she had.
Old May 7, 2016, 11:03 AM   #418
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Went to the dragstrip with a group of friends yesterday and ran my bike against my friends all night. Ran a best pass of [email protected] on the Daytona 675R. First time I've ever even launched a bike, so I had trouble getting out of the hole with nothing better than a 2.223 60ft. Didn't realize my big head was in the way of the camera until I reviewed the videos this morning.

Old May 12, 2016, 09:48 PM   #419
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Final lap of a session at Raceway Park of the Midlands (also know as Bumpy Arse Track of the Midlands). Winning lap as well as new class record...
Old May 12, 2016, 10:18 PM   #420
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Final lap of a session at Raceway Park of the Midlands (also know as Bumpy Arse Track of the Midlands). Winning lap as well as new class record...
Awesome! Wish I could have made it, how did the day go?

Looks like I'll be at Gateway on July 16th. You ever make it out there?