Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Dec 8, 2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Guybo
Anonymous Proletariat

Guybo is still being judged by the masses

Question When TV source is changed, monitors go black for a sec

Recently I got a R9 290x for a setup with triple 21" monitors and TV. The triples are setup in Eyefinity and the TV is just on the side separate.

Disabling the TV with the CCC when I don't need it would work for what I need, but I don't want to go that route. The problem is, I'll be playing a game then someone will change the TV source (from the PC source to the Xbox or the cable box) and the monitors go blank for just a sec while the video card switches off the TV desktop.

Is there a way to keep the extra desktop on all the time or a quick way to enable and disable the TV? Before the 290x, my 960 didn't have this problem, the extra desktop was just always there. You could just switch sources all day long and not notice anything on the monitors.

Bonus question: is there a way to make things like the web browser go full screen on just one of the monitors and not span all 3? Right now I just manually stretch the windowed application to the size of the middle monitor I use Chrome for a browser, it'd be nice if Youtube was on just one screen and some other applications too.
Guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:47 PM   #2
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Use an HDMI switch to the TV and switch off when you dont want to have it in use.

Makes it easier than needing to disable in CCC too
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2014, 07:12 AM   #3
Guybo
Anonymous Proletariat

Guybo is still being judged by the masses

So there's no setting I'm missing in the CCC? ugh, ok, I guess a switch it is. Thanks for the reply
Guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad