Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 16, 2019, 01:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Favorite games of all time

List your top 5 favorite games of all time. Date, graphics, popularity, none of that matters, games that YOU found the absolute funnest (yeah yeah I know that’s not even a real word)...

Here's mine:
1. Master of Orion 1 - At the time I just moved to a new city and didn’t know anyone and got really immersed into the depth of this game. Each game played out like a novel of Galactic intrigue, with diplomacy and new hi-tech ships going into battle. Loved the massive fleets and being able to customize my ships with tons of options that required considerable thought. The massive fleets where then neutered in MOO2 so I lost interest in the MOO series, although many seem to think MOO2 was better than MOO1.
2. Counter Strike - Holy crap, had to stop playing this game cause I bashed in 3 keyboards. Remembered on a few occasions my wife coming into the computer room all bleary eyed from waking up at 3am and asking me, "what the hell is going in here!". Remembered having a ton of great LAN games with my brothers and nephews around xmas.
3. Skyrim - Bought a new PC and monitor just so I could enjoy this game, loved the open world and always had 2 or 3 near nude chicks following me around thanks to the mods.
4. Kingpin – Probably pretty low on many people’s radar, not great stories/quests, but I just loved the atmosphere for some reason, can't explain why. I remember when I was playing it I kept thinking, damn I hope I’m not near the end, I hope there’s still lots of game left…
5. Blur – Just plain fun racing game, always played it on a hard wired LAN with my kids and/or friends. One of the funnest racing games ever, we mostly played demolition derby style. People laughing, screaming while playing. Cars flying off buildings, all kinds of power ups like turbo, fire balls, cloaking …etc, many great memories…

Honorable mention: GTA Vice city, first time playing a GTA game, cool oldie tunes, driving around Miami in a convertible beside the ocean, while shooting people ...ah, fun times...

V
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 01:50 PM   #2
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Crysis - Always my favorite.
Skyrim - SO immersive
Battlefield 2 - First online play for me plus it was fun.
Unreal Tournament 2 - Lan parties in college. Also it was just fun to play
DOOM - Classic
Duke Nukem - BALLS OF STEEL
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 02:47 PM   #3
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

CSGO (Counterstike Global Offensive)
Unreal 1
Quake 1
Battlefield 3 + 4
Digital combat simulator (DCS, combat flight sim)

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2019, 05:20 PM   #4
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Deus Ex
Half-Life
Red Alert
Diablo
Tribes
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 05:28 PM   #5
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

quake2
cs1.5/1.6
carmageddon 1
ghost recon 1
stalker: shadow of chernobyl
dark souls 1
grand theft auto san andreas
hitman 1 and 2
kotor
witcher 3
velvet assassin
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 06:33 PM   #6
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

World of Warcraft
Half-Life
Dark Souls 1
Witcher 3
Hearthstone
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 06:36 PM   #7
the_sextein
Rage3D Veteran

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Doom 1/2
Baldur's Gate Trilogy
Stalker
Red Alert 2
Hitman Blood Money
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 06:48 PM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Witcher 3
Red Dead Redemption 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ass Creed Origins
No One Lives Forever

There are also tons more that I loved at the time but these are the games that held me by the balls and made me play them for a long period of time.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 07:29 PM   #9
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Hmmm.......

1. Warcraft 2
2. Sid Meier's Sim Golf
3. Heretic II
4. Titan Quest
5. Victor Vran

I'm just thinking of games that sucked me in and kept me playing.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 08:25 PM   #10
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

1. The Witcher 3
2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein (especially MP)
3. Blade of Darkness (admittedly, it doesn't hold up well today, but I'll never love another game like I did this one)
4. NFS: Most Wanted (2005)
5. Battlefield 2 (before it was destroyed by nerfing and hackers and "booster packs" that nobody played even if they had them)

Honorable mention: Oblivion. I enjoyed it more than Morrowind and Skyrim. There, I said it.
Also X3: Albion Prelude. Awesome title but had many many flaws.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 09:37 PM   #11
QEFX
AIW Rage Pro Turbo

QEFX can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyQEFX can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My top 25

1) Master of Orion 1 - Best 4x of all time
2) Master of Orion 2 - 2nd best 4x of all time
3) Master of Magic - MoO on magic
4) Civ 1 - 5K hours at least
5) Civ 2 - 3K hours at least
6) Civ 3 - 1K hours at least - see the trend?
7) SimCity 2 - You think DC is a S Hole ... not even close
8) FreeSpace 1 - Suck it X-Wing
9) FreeSpace 2 - Best space flight combat sim of all time
10) WingCommander: Prophecy - Ah ... remember WC?
11) Wizardry 7 - When turn based was king
12) Wizardry 6 - When turn based was king
13) Wizardry 5 - When turn based was king
14) Wizardry 8 Gold - When turn based was king
15) Flight Unlimited 2 - Oh so beautiful ... well for back then. Better than MSFS anyways.
16) Sims 2 - torturing sims
17) WoW - So much wasted time. I know so many loosers around the world because of this game.
18) NFS: Porsche Unleashed - Pre-Drift Bullshit fun. Remember driving games before drift-**** came?
19) Freelancer - Do you remember when MS did good games
20) Starlancer - See above
21) Balls of Steel (Pinball not Duke) - One of my favorite pinball games
22) Pinball Fantasies - My 1st computer pinball game

Non-PC:
Zork 1 (My 1st computer game)
BumpNJump (favorite console game)
Sinistar (favorite arcade game - wasted so much time in high school on this)
GOG: ITHAQUACDN
Battle.Net: <Account is dead ... for now>
Marvel FF: ITHAQUACDN
QEFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 11:36 PM   #12
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

I'm not sure how well these games hold up if I were to go back and play them now, but these are the games that I remember most fondly when I was playing them, in no particular order.

Daggerfall
Thief Gold
Final Fantasy VI
Tie Fighter
Final Fantasy
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 12:36 AM   #13
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I actually have a lot of all time favorites:

Freespace 1 and 2
Wing Commander 1-4
Wing Commander Privateer
Privateer 2 The Darkening
Rebel Galaxy
The Witcher (first game)
Archimedian Dynasty
Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos
Tie Fighter
Dungeon Master
Bard's Tale IV
Summoner
Gothic 1 and 2
Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2
Tachyon the Frindge
Hypergate
Spacebourne
Arc Savior

And I have a strong feeling that Rebel Galaxy Outlaw will be added to his list after it releases.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Last edited by Eisberg : May 17, 2019 at 03:07 AM.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 12:49 AM   #14
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

1. Outcast
Whether in original mode, in updated 1.1 or in the remade Outcast: Second Contact, the game has a special magical atmosphere that no other game has made me feel so purely. I played it at a time when PC gaming was merely experimenting with open world single player games, and at an age where I was a typically impressionable teenager: a golden combination for a "best ever!" emotion. Outcast was perfect on no front, but astounding in every direction.

2. Half-Life saga
I may be cheating by putting essentially four games into one slot, but you can't really play or love one without the others. Until Valve finishes the saga the travesty of its open end is unforgivable, but what's there raised the (crow)bar in so many ways, it can still be considered the FPS blueprint of the 2000-2010 era. They don't make 'em like they used to.

3. Grand Theft Auto 3
GTA1 was an immediate success for me, and GTA3 struck a home run for 3D Grand Theft Auto. Its prequels and sequels expanded on the formula, but the basics were perfect from the start. Liberty City as a playground worked so well. It's difficult to return to the game as it isn't aging well anymore.

4. Halo: Combat Evolved
As much as I wanted to loathe Halo after its console betrayal, the gameplay loop is so brilliant that there's no denying it: I love Halo. And although the universe lore has been expanded further than I can stomach from a sci-fi game, the first handful of games and books offered a setting I could live and breathe for a lifetime. The human-Covenant war, the marines, the Spartans, the rough military story with tales of redemption all around, all of it has me wrapped up like a warm blanket.

5. The Last of Us
Gripping, theatrical, tight, exciting, terrifying; few games let me experience so many different emotions in such a high-quality package as The Last of Us. Absolutely one of the best games I've ever played, as it perfects a marriage of gameplay and technology at the close of a hardware generation. The only game in my top five to be more refinement than experiment.

Other games I've ranked as personal classics:
Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge
DOOM
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Red Dead Redemption
Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time
Halo: Reach
Company of Heroes
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Call of Duty
Quake 3 Arena
Assassin's Creed 2
DOOM 16
Call of Duty 4
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Crackdown
XCOM Enemy Unknown
Portal
Assetto Corsa
Unreal Tournament
Grand Theft Auto
Rocket League
Forza Motorsport 2
Sim City 2000
FTL
SBK X
Shadow of the Colossus
Worms Armageddon
Old May 17, 2019, 02:12 AM   #15
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

For top five, I'm going to have to go with the games that I feel had the biggest effect on me. The games that if I hadn't played, my life would have been worse for it (ok, that sounds a little grandiose, but... ).

1) Deus Ex
2) Tron 2.0
3) Vampire: Bloodlines
4) Left 4 Dead
5) Tribes/Tribes II (sort of consider II to just be a continuation of one, played with the same people)

4-SP) Gothic 1/2*
5-SP) Hitman: Blood Money*

Of course there are a few more games that I consider good, and on another day maybe my list would be different. But these are consistently among the top. They are the ones that came immediately to mind when the question was asked (ok, nutcrackr did remind me about Tribes).

Top 3 are the only games that I played through many multiple times. Deus Ex I lost count of how many times, but I'm guessing at least 7-8 times and possibly 10+ (wish I'd kept closer track). Tron 2.0, I think at least four times (every time I played I did a disc play through and a non-disc play through), and probably 5-6. Bloodlines, I know at least three times (Brujah, Ventrue, Nosteratu...I think maybe Gangrel also?). Haven't replayed any of these in many years though, but for a time I really enjoyed them.

*If we're talking more SPish games, then I'd replace T1/T2 and L4D with Gothic 1/2 (can't decide between those, once again they feel to me like a continuation of the same game) and probably the Hitman games (Blood Money if I had to just choose the best). Honestly top five is a challenge though. A lot of games are in contention for slot 4 and 5.

Sadly, most of these games are like a decade or two old. I've played other games that I've enjoyed more recently, but not enough to displace these ones from the top.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 07:47 AM   #16
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Wheel of Time - Unreal powered fantasy FPS that had some of the best multiplayer I've ever seen. Completely shadowed by Unreal Tournament being released at same time.

Tread Marks - 1998 Tank Racing and Combat game with deformable terrain and a variety of weapons...including nukes.
Freespace 2 - Best space combat game at the time!
Unreal Tournament - Hated it at first because it's community destroyed the wheel of time community, but it grew on me over time.
Half Life - Need I say more?
Half Life 2 - Same as above
Supreme Commander - Still my favorite RTS game.
Minecraft - Legos where the world is made out of legos. Been playing it for 9-10 years and not seeing any plans to stop.

Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - GTA's perfection IMHO.
Strike Commander - first 3D F-16 flight "sim" (1990s tried) with a story!
F22-ADF - A 2000s era flight sim for the F-22 that was so much fun. Later added AWACS control too!

And now...DCS I think is going to get added to the ranks. It's a work of art.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 08:55 AM   #17
zcaa0g

zcaa0g is still being judged by the masses

Deus Ex
Half-Life 1 and 2
Mass Effect 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Total Annihilation
Midnight Club 2
Quake 1 and 2 multiplayer
Doom 1 and 2 over modem in one on one battles
zcaa0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 09:20 AM   #18
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Its hard to narrow it down to just 5. I'm leaving out so many awesome games. Would probably make more sense if I'd do a top 5 for each genre, but for this I'll try just picking 5 overall.

These would be my favorites games all time that are on PC, so excluding any console exclusives. There are games on the NES and SNES that would easily beat out these. But we'll stick to games that are on PC here.

1) Dark Souls

2) Fallout 1 & 2 (have to put both)

3) Doom (1993)

4) System Shock 2

5) Unreal Tournament

I had trouble deciding between UT, Half-Life, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein but ultimately had to pick UT. I played that game sooo much back in the day, and it has soured me on ever playing a modern MP shooter. Nothing compares.

Also Deus Ex could have made the list but i feel it has not aged so well.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 10:43 AM   #19
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

hmmm, some interesting things I'm finding from this:
  • I feel like I've missed really out on Deus Ex, I'm seriously thinking of going back and playing it although my expectations are quite high now. That's one game I never got around to trying.
  • I've seen several mags and sites list Half Life 2 as the greatest game of all time, yet many here don't even have it in their top 5. Personally, it doesn't even crack my top 25, I thought it was okay but not great.
  • No ones got any of the xcom games in their top 5, this is another game I see quite high on lists.
  • Forgot about a few games that I really liked - Wizardry, first RPG I ever played, my friends and I really got into this game way back. Quake 2 Lithium mod, man played that game a tooonnn. Diablo 1 and 2, spent a lot of time on and really enjoyed in SP and LAN... but I figure if they didn't pop into my head when thinking of my top 5 then they didn't deserve it...
  • Man, I've wasted so much time playing a huge amount of games... guess it's not "wasted" if it was fun...
Old May 17, 2019, 10:45 AM   #20
alitayyab
You can call me "Ali"

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

In no order

Dune 2 - I completed it at-least a dozen times

Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2 -While 1 was good, 2 was amazing

Monkey Island 1 and 2 -Before these were perma-death sierra games (you could die if you hang out long enough in Monkey 2)

Half Life 1 and 2 -Narrative driven FPS with a crow bar

Wing Commander 1-4/ Starlancer/ Privateer -All good games

If I could add a sixth it would be Turbo Outrun for the C=64. The music was great and compared to the slow Amiga version, the C=64 version was so much better. One of the last games I ever played on the C-64.

I thought of putting Fallout games and skyrim but there just wasnt any room at the top for these good games.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 10:46 AM   #21
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The GOAT: Unreal Tournament

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 10:49 AM   #22
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Minecraft - Legos where the world is made out of legos. Been playing it for 9-10 years and not seeing any plans to stop.
how do you keep it interesting? we play this on LAN and we've defeated the dragon and now it feels very repetitive...

I really enjoyed the first 10 hours or so when trying to survive, explore and build up, they should make a version where the beginning is much harder as that was the funnest part for me...
Old May 17, 2019, 10:50 AM   #23
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

HL2 was at best an average game. Anyone who thinks that was the best game they played need to play some more games.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 10:56 AM   #24
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

no one has any of the Starcraft games either? Never played them but also see this very high on top games of all time lists...
Old May 17, 2019, 10:59 AM   #25
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by QEFX View Post
My top 25

1) Master of Orion 1 - Best 4x of all time
2) Master of Orion 2 - 2nd best 4x of all time
3) Master of Magic - MoO on magic
Kindred Spirit ....
Old May 17, 2019, 11:22 AM   #26
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Half-Life 2 was a great game for sure, but it just further built upon what HL1 started.

I can't consider it among my elite all time favorites, but the first Half-Life is in the top 10 definitely. What that game did for the fps genre cannot be denied. It changed fps games from just going room to room killing things, to actually masterfully telling an unfolding story through in game interactive cutscenes and environmental storytelling. But yeah, HL2 didn't do anything particularly groundbreaking gameplay-wise. Just expanded on and further advanced what they started with HL1.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:25 AM   #27
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
no one has any of the Starcraft games either? Never played them but also see this very high on top games of all time lists...
I'm not an RTS fan at all. Could never get into them.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:32 AM   #28
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Old May 17, 2019, 11:40 AM   #29
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

That's a strange list.

Fallout 4 above New Vegas? The only Doom game is Doom 2 at #69?

GTFO
Old May 17, 2019, 11:53 AM   #30
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Half-Life 2 was a great game for sure, but it just further built upon what HL1 started.

I can't consider it among my elite all time favorites, but the first Half-Life is in the top 10 definitely. What that game did for the fps genre cannot be denied. It changed fps games from just going room to room killing things, to actually masterfully telling an unfolding story through in game interactive cutscenes and environmental storytelling. But yeah, HL2 didn't do anything particularly groundbreaking gameplay-wise. Just expanded on and further advanced what they started with HL1.
Well if you rating games based on their influence then you'd have to put Castle Wolfenstein and Ultima Underworld above Half Life