Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:16 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default New Razer 2 gaming phone

The 2nd Razer phone is out now.
Looks like a gaming powerhouse. But not sure I want this, the Asus or stick with my Essential.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/ha...-razer-phone-2
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:27 AM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Powerhouse? Nah that belongs to Apple

I do like that 120hz display though and matte black. Apple should bring their "pro motion" or high refresh rates to the iPhones. It probably wont happen because as the Razer phone 1 showed(I havent read reviews of this one yet) that higher refresh rates hit battery life significantly.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018, 05:09 PM   #3
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Powerhouse? Nah that belongs to Apple

I do like that 120hz display though and matte black. Apple should bring their "pro motion" or high refresh rates to the iPhones. It probably wont happen because as the Razer phone 1 showed(I havent read reviews of this one yet) that higher refresh rates hit battery life significantly.
Really Apple? My work phone is a Apple iPhone 8pluse and my Essential feels like it out speeds it in every way save the camera. I had read the CPU in the iPhone was faster but it does not feel as fast. The "joys" of having to carry two phones.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 15, 2018, 08:22 PM   #4
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Really Apple? My work phone is a Apple iPhone 8pluse and my Essential feels like it out speeds it in every way save the camera. I had read the CPU in the iPhone was faster but it does not feel as fast. The "joys" of having to carry two phones.
The improvements are most noticeable in apps that max the CPU cores.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2018, 01:51 AM   #5
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
A11 and A12 are King in the mobile space. In games and taxing apps it's not even close. Everyday usage is about the same as other phones and sometimes feels like it's slower cause Apple won't speed up their animations.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:44 AM   #6
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

That would make sense then as a work phone I do not install games on it, just dev apps, security, Email, and network analyzers