Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Default Best Tablet with Flash Support?

What is available now and what might be around the corner?
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Asus Transformer is what I'd buy if I were buying right now, with the special dock it's got. It's pretty damned nice looking and the price is awesome. Flash will run great on it, Tegra 2 handles Flash quite well. It's also already got developer support via roms and kernels.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:08 PM   #3
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Our company is developing apps for a future product we are fixing to release to the market. From what I gather from the dev group their favorites are:

1. Apple Ipad 1/2
2. HP Slate (Yes the Windows 7 slate!)
3. Moto Xoom
4. HP WebOS (They have a beta build)
5. Some slate from Austrailia that duel boots Win7/Android

What they hate:
1. Our tablet LOL (not released yet)
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab

They haven't received a BB playbook yet. I am shocked how much they like the win7 slates. I like my hybrid HP, but I always felt I am in the minority when it comes to Win7 touch.
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Asus Transformer is what I'd buy if I were buying right now, with the special dock it's got. It's pretty damned nice looking and the price is awesome. Flash will run great on it, Tegra 2 handles Flash quite well. It's also already got developer support via roms and kernels.
My wife has an ipad, but its lack of flash support makes it basically useless for me. I've checked around and guess the Transformer is not yet available in the US?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:14 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
My wife has an ipad, but its lack of flash support makes it basically useless for me. I've checked around and guess the Transformer is not yet available in the US?
Tomorrow is launch day.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:27 PM   #6
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Tomorrow is launch day.
Just sold a couple 480's on ebay so I'll definately check this out on Tuesday; thanks gents.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:16 PM   #7
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

galaxy tab 10.1
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:03 PM   #8
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Im lining up for a transformer tomorrow. Fat chance of getting one though, preorders sold out.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:11 PM   #9
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Im lining up for a transformer tomorrow. Fat chance of getting one though, preorders sold out.
True; I live/work close to a couple best-buys so I should eventually get lucky and snag one. Key word being eventually. Is the Trans. gonna support anything other than wi-fi?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:12 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
galaxy tab 10.1
No thanks, Transformer is IPS and not Samsung.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:18 AM   #11
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Would you consider a Win7 slate? All the codecs and actual browser is worth it.
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:39 AM   #12
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Frankly, I love my Nook color. (Rooted of course)

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:59 AM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmt View Post
Would you consider a Win7 slate? All the codecs and actual browser is worth it.
The battery life, thinness, ease of use and easy availability of Apps make Android/iOS much more worth it. Are there even any dual core Atom slates out yet or are they all still the single core slowfest?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:26 PM   #14
jimmt
Trumpification

Quote:
The battery life, thinness, ease of use and easy availability of Apps make Android/iOS much more worth it. Are there even any dual core Atom slates out yet or are they all still the single core slowfest?
Batt life can be an issue. Not sure about dual core atom, but I am sure. Apps well Intel has their app store which is comparable. Not too bad.

EDIT: Gigabyte Dual Core Atom slate

http://techdraginfo.blogspot.com/201...ecs-price.html

Acer has a fusion based one as well.
Laptop
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles

Last edited by jimmt : Apr 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:44 PM   #15
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
No thanks, Transformer is IPS and not Samsung.
What kind of display will the Galaxy tab use? I wasn't aware it was even known yet.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:45 PM   #16
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef View Post
What kind of display will the Galaxy tab use? I wasn't aware it was even known yet.
I know the 10.1v is TFT and the 8.9 before it was shrunk was going to be TFT. Unless they changed their with the design change, I kind of doubt it's going to change.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:29 PM   #17
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Transformer(s) are definitely sold-out. My local BB sold the display model (last one left) right before I arrived. I seen the lucky sucker as he was walking out with MY toy .
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:48 PM   #18
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Transformer(s) are definitely sold-out. My local BB sold the display model (last one left) right before I arrived. I seen the lucky sucker as he was walking out with MY toy .

i didn't get that close the bb's by me didn't get any

think i'll wait for the 32gb anyway and as far as i can see thats may 14th
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:27 PM   #19
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

i didn't get that close the bb's by me didn't get any

think i'll wait for the 32gb anyway and as far as i can see thats may 14th
I didn't realize the 16gb's were the model that released today? If that is the case, I'll be waiting as well. I prefer the 32gb model too.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:50 PM   #20
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I didn't realize the 16gb's were the model that released today? If that is the case, I'll be waiting as well. I prefer the 32gb model too.
It's got a Micro SD slot, might as well get the 16gb and throw a 32gb Micro SD card in there.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 06:06 PM   #21
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It's got a Micro SD slot, might as well get the 16gb and throw a 32gb Micro SD card in there.
Think I might have a couple of those already around the house . I keep thinking with my ipad cap on.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 06:34 PM   #22
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

hmm don't apps need internal memory ?
and the Micro SD is just media storage (songs, books elc ) ?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 06:41 PM   #23
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
hmm don't apps need internal memory ?
and the Micro SD is just media storage (songs, books elc ) ?
No, Android has supported Apps2Sd since 2.2...
Old Apr 26, 2011, 06:54 PM   #24
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
No, Android has supported Apps2Sd since 2.2...
ok thanks other than my nooks i just use to read books this will be my first android device
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:51 PM   #25
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Epic fail trying to procure one today, there were only about 100 released to one retailer throughout Canada, and not much more to other stores like Staples

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:39 PM   #26
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Epic fail trying to procure one today, there were only about 100 released to one retailer throughout Canada, and not much more to other stores like Staples
Yeah, I don't think they're selling out because they're so hot, I think they're selling out because Asus kept the supply so small. Though they are a damned nice product it seems.

Last edited by Elysian : Apr 26, 2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:54 AM   #27
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Loving my viewsonic GTab, excellent specs. Screen viewing angle is its downfall but for 280 or less it can be overlooked. Rooted mine running vegan gingerbread oc'd 1.4ghz.. it flies.
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:36 AM   #28
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
Loving my viewsonic GTab, excellent specs. Screen viewing angle is its downfall but for 280 or less it can be overlooked. Rooted mine running vegan gingerbread oc'd 1.4ghz.. it flies.
Not when you can get the thinner, lighter, much better screen(also higher res), for $400 that already comes with Honeycomb, Asus is the new value leader.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:40 AM   #29
Zero
Sass hole

Don't be a meanie, you get what you pay for. gtab is excellent value for the price. Most people just aren't big fans of the screen is all.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:05 AM   #30
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Don't be a meanie, you get what you pay for. gtab is excellent value for the price. Most people just aren't big fans of the screen is all.
It's actually fairly heavy and bulky as well, I'd consider that a selling point of the only slightly more expensive Transformer.