Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 16, 2011, 01:04 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i just think this quandrant benchmark is really very useless.

My LG 2x got 4500 score with overclock at 1.3GHz and on Some Normal custom rom, but the system is laggy , freezing at times when it comes to daily usage.

On the other hand, with Cyanogenmod Custom Rom for LG 2x and i am only getting 2000 with quandrant mark.

However, my device with Cyangenmod kernel and Roms is so much faster, smoother. everything is just miles better.

Well i dont' konw why tho............
My system is always snappy, but no custom roms to compare, just custom kernels...
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2011, 01:18 AM   #32
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

OVer 9000
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2011, 07:54 AM   #33
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Droid 2 Global, stock 1.2ghz, OS 2.2 = 1550

Nook Color, stock 800mhz, OS 2.3.3 CM 7.03= 1402
Nook Color, oc 925mhz, OS 2.3.3 CM 7.03= 1552

The Droid 2 Global and Nook Color have practically the same performance specs, so I can only conclude CyanogenMod and/or Gingerbread makes a big difference in performance if the Nook Color is clocked slower but does just as well as the Droid 2 Global.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2011, 10:47 AM   #34
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post

The Droid 2 Global and Nook Color have practically the same performance specs, so I can only conclude CyanogenMod and/or Gingerbread makes a big difference in performance if the Nook Color is clocked slower but does just as well as the Droid 2 Global.
The stock kernel for any Android phone is garbage. Custom kernels help a LOT, but unfortunately you can't load a custom one on the D2G, only overclock modules...
Old May 16, 2011, 01:00 PM   #35
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Newer kernel, IO hack present still... at 1.6ghz now, was at 1.4 for the 4000ish run and 1.5 for the 36XX non-IO hack run.
Old May 16, 2011, 01:04 PM   #36
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post

Your NC scores seem a bit low. I was getting 1800-1900 stock, ~2300-2500 OC with CM7 nightlies.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2011, 07:03 PM   #37
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Your NC scores seem a bit low. I was getting 1800-1900 stock, ~2300-2500 OC with CM7 nightlies.
That's weird, I wonder what's wrong with my setup. I don't have much installed since reflashing to the stable CM 7.03.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2011, 07:47 PM   #38
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Perhaps your Nook has the Ext4 IO hack?
Old May 16, 2011, 07:53 PM   #39
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Then so should his, CM7 is always EXT4.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old May 16, 2011, 08:11 PM   #40
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Then so should his, CM7 is always EXT4.
You were running the stock CM7 kernel? CM7 on my Droid didn't have the IO hack.
Old May 16, 2011, 08:19 PM   #41
Zero
Sass hole

CM7 is EXT4 now, trust me.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old May 17, 2011, 07:46 AM   #42
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

Stock Galaxy S II: ~3100