Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 19, 2011, 01:12 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
biscuitownz
R.I.P 9600GT 2008-2009

biscuitownz is still being judged by the masses

Default Post your quadrant scores!

Desire Z @ 1.5ghz

biscuitownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 01:21 AM   #2
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

2782 Stock

Lg optimus 2x
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:22 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Xoom at 1.5ghz scored 3106 last time I ran Quadrant.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:04 AM   #4
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lg 2x optimus OC to 1.4ghz

Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:08 AM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
lg 2x optimus OC to 1.4ghz

Also featuring the I/O score hack. That's not a legit score.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:13 AM   #6
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Also featuring the I/O score hack. That's not a legit score.
this is from xda... but i am goign to flash my 2x now and try OC kernal with custom rom :>

Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:36 AM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
this is from xda... but i am goign to flash my 2x now and try OC kernal with custom rom :>
The breakdown shows the I/O score is significantly boosted, probably due to EXT4, which doesn't effect performance besides Quadrant.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:33 AM   #8
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

i am at 3066 with custom roms. But no Overclock

Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:37 AM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
i am at 3066 with custom roms. But no Overclock
Sounds about right, should be close to my Xoom without an overclock since your phone has a much lower res screen.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:58 AM   #10
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Sounds about right, should be close to my Xoom without an overclock since your phone has a much lower res screen.
3231 with speed kernal with Custom Rom No OC

3800 with 1.2 GB overclock on speed Kernal with Custom Rom

Luckily i didn't get the Moto Atrix with bootloader LOCKED. Custom rom rocks.sssssss

Last edited by wc326 : Apr 19, 2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:06 AM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
3231 with speed kernal with Custom Rom No OC

3800 with 1.2 GB overclock on speed Kernal with Custom Rom

Luckily i didn't get the Moto Atrix with bootloader LOCKED. Custom rom rocks.sssssss
Atrix should be able to get custom roms and overclocking soon enough, just look at the Droid 2 and Droid X, they've got a thriving modding community. The only difference is how quickly said community comes about versus unlocked phones.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:21 AM   #12
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Atrix should be able to get custom roms and overclocking soon enough, just look at the Droid 2 and Droid X, they've got a thriving modding community. The only difference is how quickly said community comes about versus unlocked phones.
yea, but i have read that Unlocking the bootloader is close to impossible without the tools.

I hate to say, by the time when developers have everything sorted out with A cracked bootloader or custom roms, by then we already have much better phone.

Droid 2 and Droid x bootloader is still not fully cracked.
So the custom rom you are getting is not those we get from Galaxy s , or other Phone with cracked bootloader.
Those works well, but it takes develooper way too much time to get a stable working rom i think.

No custom Kernal for sure if the bootloader is not cracked.

NOTE:
locking bootloaders serves almost no purpose, and alienates a chunk of potential customers. Really, really good idea Motorola. If not the bootloader, i already have a motorola Atrix

Last edited by wc326 : Apr 19, 2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:03 AM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
yea, but i have read that Unlocking the bootloader is close to impossible without the tools.

I hate to say, by the time when developers have everything sorted out with A cracked bootloader or custom roms, by then we already have much better phone.

Droid 2 and Droid x bootloader is still not fully cracked.
So the custom rom you are getting is not those we get from Galaxy s , or other Phone with cracked bootloader.
Those works well, but it takes develooper way too much time to get a stable working rom i think.

No custom Kernal for sure if the bootloader is not cracked.

NOTE:
locking bootloaders serves almost no purpose, and alienates a chunk of potential customers. Really, really good idea Motorola. If not the bootloader, i already have a motorola Atrix
You don't have to unlock the bootloader to load custom roms, the Droid 2 and Droid X aren't cracked even in the slightest. You also don't need a custom kernel to overclock, there are installable kernel modules that can handle this task. Speaking from experience here, can do everything on a Droid X that you can do on your Optimus 2X, it just wasn't immediately available after launch like it is on the 2X.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:44 AM   #14
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
You don't have to unlock the bootloader to load custom roms, the Droid 2 and Droid X aren't cracked even in the slightest. You also don't need a custom kernel to overclock, there are installable kernel modules that can handle this task. Speaking from experience here, can do everything on a Droid X that you can do on your Optimus 2X, it just wasn't immediately available after launch like it is on the 2X.
that is the thing i don't get, only fact is that custom rom will not be as easy to make, or as fast on release time.

But i dont' think really understand the difference between Locked Bootloader custom roms vs Unlocked bootloader custom rom.

I know it is very easy to brick your system without unlock bootloader if you have done something wrong.

I have about 7 android device and every single one have unlocked bootloader. so really have no first hand experience with the locked bootloader.

ONe thing i know is that for Unlock bootloader, we can get 3rd party Kernal which make the system more stable for custom roms, and much faster than Offical one.

ALso custom roms can strip down to a 70-80MB compare to Offical one which is always 200MB +

so what are the positive things you can do with a Unlock bootloader when it comes to custom roms? which can't be done on LOCKED one. which i dont' really understand at this point besides, it will takes ages to have a stable rom.

Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:51 AM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
that is the thing i don't get, only fact is that custom rom will not be as easy to make, or as fast on release time.

But i dont' think really understand the difference between Locked Bootloader custom roms vs Unlocked bootloader custom rom.

I know it is very easy to brick your system without unlock bootloader if you have done something wrong.

I have about 7 android device and every single one have unlocked bootloader. so really have no first hand experience with the locked bootloader.

ONe thing i know is that for Unlock bootloader, we can get 3rd party Kernal which make the system more stable for custom roms, and much faster than Offical one.

ALso custom roms can strip down to a 70-80MB compare to Offical one which is always 200MB +

so what are the positive things you can do with a Unlock bootloader when it comes to custom roms? which can't be done on LOCKED one. which i dont' really understand at this point besides, it will takes ages to have a stable rom.
If by ages you mean about a month, maybe 2 Also, bricking, at least with Moto phones, is virtually impossible, Moto releases the SBF for all of their phones, it's as easy as plugging in your phone and putting it in bootloader mode to get it back to stock. The locked vs unlocked bootloader truly only matters to the people making the custom roms, once a method to bypass the necessity for a bootloader is figured out, it doesn't matter, it's just the initial investment of time in finding said method that can suck.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:08 PM   #16
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

more about the difference between Both custom roms with Unlocked BOotloader,to a Locked bootloader. As i am quite an experience android user, since first gen i have 7 different android device, all of them with unlocked bootloader after reading this info , i really consider staying away from LOCKED bootloader if possible. If you are experience Custom Rom android user like me, you will know that the stock roms is slow and laggy. Custom rom is always the answer.

WHen we get 2.0Ghz Dual core, then i think we don't really need Custom rom at all, but until then even Dual core 1ghz is kinda laggy on stock rom

Most importantly with Unlocked bootloader which you can install custom kernal

Quote:
Performance From Custom Kernal(which is much better than Offical Kernal DUNNO WHY)
Battery Performance (which made my SGS last 2-3 days with normal usage)
Tweaks (Tweaks your LCD sharpness, COLOR , Theme, SOUND etc)
Convert TO EXT4
Custom Roms in the future. You don't get stuck in 2.2.1 forever.
Quote:
Locked bootloaders mean you cannot change the kernel. Without changing the kernel, you cannot effect any deep changes to the OS, such as are necessary when going between true Android versions or when putting in functionally different custom ROMs. The kernel is the core of your entire operating system, and so long as it remains unchanged, the OS you're running is fundamentally the same.

At the consumer's end, the #1 reason this is a bad thing is because it forces obsolescence of your device at the manufacturer's whim. When Motorola chooses to stop updating your device, that's it, you'll never get another update. For the tech savvy, using streamlined kernels and real custom ROMs gets you baseline performance enhancements (both battery life and general speed) along with unlocking some very interesting tricks and features of the phone, from the deepest level and upwards. Theoretically, by messing with the kernel you can get the device to behave any way its hardware is capable, even though they typically come with a huge number of restrictions (many of which are deliberate).

The biggest problem with a locked bootloader is that you cannot make any kernel modifications. That means that virtually every custom rom is just a reskin, rather than a upgrade/redesign, which is what you can get with a custom rom.

This also locks you into carrier upgrades. They are the only ones that can access the bootloader, which means that they are the only ones that can divvy out updates. D1 has an unlocked bootloader, and there are roms out there that give you 2.3.3 (CM7 comes to mind). Without those roms, you are stuck at the carrier-given 2.2. The Moto Milestone HAS an encrypted bootloader, and has not received upgrades past 2.1....it is obsolete, plain and simple.

With an unlocked bootloader, you can beat back obsolence and customize to your heart's content. With an encrypted bootloader, you are stuck in the carrier/manufacturer fishbowl.

With a locked bootloader, you cannot change the kernel. Every major revision of Android has altered the kernel software. This means that unless Motorola says that your friend can run Gingerbread, he cannot. He can run themes of Gingerbread, but without the kernel mods, he will not get the full experience (performance-wise). Also related to this: ROMs which modify the kernel such as CyanogenMod, MIUI, and more cannot be run on phones with locked bootloaders. Ports of them have been made, but they are not the full ROM.

Last edited by wc326 : Apr 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:27 PM   #17
Elysian
SCAATSJW

2.3 is out there for Droid 2 and X
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:41 PM   #18
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

2.2.1 on my Galaxy S using ACS rom was around 1900. Which is OK I guess... Apparently ( I havent used ) but there is a rom for the Galaxy S where it literaly is built to run nothing but Quadrant on the phone and can reach about 3000, seems like a silly waste of time to me but hey to each their own.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:57 PM   #19
biscuitownz
R.I.P 9600GT 2008-2009

biscuitownz is still being judged by the masses

Do you guys use cyanogen or something else?

biscuitownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:59 PM   #20
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
2.2.1 on my Galaxy S using ACS rom was around 1900. Which is OK I guess... Apparently ( I havent used ) but there is a rom for the Galaxy S where it literaly is built to run nothing but Quadrant on the phone and can reach about 3000, seems like a silly waste of time to me but hey to each their own.
That's the I/O hack I've been referring to...
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:52 PM   #21
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Without hax, just the newest kernel, with SD card enabled

Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:36 PM   #22
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

btw what carrior is the lg 2x on?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:06 PM   #23
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
btw what carrior is the lg 2x on?
i think in us t-mobile has the lg g2x.

but in Hongkong we can just buy anyphone withouta contract in retail store, so we don't needt o sign contract for new phone. but the cost of the phone is 4650 HK dollars .

Last edited by wc326 : Apr 23, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:33 PM   #24
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Loaded the newest kernel, enhancements are improving 3d performance, it's a lot smoother now compared to previous runs:

Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:53 PM   #25
Elysian
SCAATSJW

And it keeps getting better, without the IO hack...

Kernel enhancements actually help performance, unlike IO hacks.
Old May 5, 2011, 03:25 AM   #26
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

lg 2x 1.4mhz cpu

Old May 5, 2011, 10:40 AM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Your cpu score is too low and IO hack is present.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:19 AM   #28
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Your cpu score is too low and IO hack is present.
yea,

MY cpu is about 9900+ score. memory is about 3300+

2d and 3d is higher than yours since you have Higher res. And 2d and 3d i got like 2x more score than yours for each of them

Old May 15, 2011, 09:53 PM   #29
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The IO hack has made its way to the Xoom... Here's my worthless benchmark, made more worthless by a dumb hack.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:52 PM   #30
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

i just think this quandrant benchmark is really very useless.

My LG 2x got 4500 score with overclock at 1.3GHz and on Some Normal custom rom, but the system is laggy , freezing at times when it comes to daily usage.

On the other hand, with Cyanogenmod Custom Rom for LG 2x and i am only getting 2000 with quandrant mark.

However, my device with Cyangenmod kernel and Roms is so much faster, smoother. everything is just miles better.

Well i dont' konw why tho............

Last edited by wc326 : May 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM.