Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 17, 2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default HTC Flyer review

Yet another tablet for you Android fans.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/16/htc-flyer-review/

Seems like a good device, but again, there's the pricing issue with these things.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It does seem to be very "focused" at what it does though; after watching the review you get a clear impression of what you might want to use it for, which imo is rare in the tablet segment.
It also has some unique features, compared to the competition.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They rushed it so much they just put a phone OS on it
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 17, 2011, 08:45 PM   #4
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
They rushed it so much they just put a phone OS on it
Not so!
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Not so!
They've said as much, they didn't have enough time to put Honeycomb on it so they went with the phone OS. Sounds pretty rushed to market to me.
Old May 18, 2011, 08:35 AM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
They've said as much, they didn't have enough time to put Honeycomb on it so they went with the phone OS. Sounds pretty rushed to market to me.
And in the end, all this hurts the perception of Android. Everyone seems to have a different take on it. Google really needs to get some standards in place and enable people to go to Google directly for the updates. Relying in the carrier or the manufacturer to give you the latest updates is a recipe for disaster. I, for one, would be pissed if I bought and Android device, then found out I couldn't get the newest Android OS until the manufacturer released it, if it even does. Then there's the situation with the Netflix fiasco. That would be really irritating. The Netflix on Android app proves that Google needs to do something about standards for manufacturer's to follow.
Old May 18, 2011, 09:03 AM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
And in the end, all this hurts the perception of Android. Everyone seems to have a different take on it. Google really needs to get some standards in place and enable people to go to Google directly for the updates. Relying in the carrier or the manufacturer to give you the latest updates is a recipe for disaster. I, for one, would be pissed if I bought and Android device, then found out I couldn't get the newest Android OS until the manufacturer released it, if it even does. Then there's the situation with the Netflix fiasco. That would be really irritating. The Netflix on Android app proves that Google needs to do something about standards for manufacturer's to follow.
Needs to? They already are, remember Google IO?
Old May 18, 2011, 09:13 AM   #8
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Needs to? They already are, remember Google IO?
But that's going to take time. I'll be glad when it happens.
Old May 18, 2011, 09:39 AM   #9
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Except, when you get involved in the details the waters start to get a bit murkier...
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 09:48 AM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
But that's going to take time. I'll be glad when it happens.
It won't affect me, I already own the Google device
Old May 18, 2011, 02:13 PM   #11
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Fugly.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote