Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 11, 2017, 04:24 PM   #7231
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Damn, scary **** Cyko. Best of luck dude.

I got my Goku Gains in today and of course since I can never leave things alone, wound up dumping some on the table. Since I can't waste any I just scooped the little bit of powder into my hand and threw it in my mouth. Without water it tastes amazing, like I'm eating candy. Will update with how it actually tastes in water, but so far, stupid name or not, tastes great.

Also, apparently Pete signs every little insert right now so I got his signature. Pretty cool.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2017, 07:15 PM   #7232
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Crushing it! Yes sir

Also I found it hilarious how quick the "yes sir/no sir" and "yes ma'am/no ma'am" became natural at MEPS. I was worried I was going to slip and talk casual to someone.

Nope.
Oh it gets better.

Vernon Law
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2017, 07:19 PM   #7233
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Oh it gets better.
Can't wait.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 11, 2017, 07:24 PM   #7234
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Can't wait.
You'll tear it up no problem buddy, cakewalk. You'll love the physical challenges, but whatever you do, do not let the DS get under your skin, because he's going to try, hard. That's where I almost blew it. You got this. Easy.

Vernon Law
Old Mar 11, 2017, 07:26 PM   #7235
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I've been pushing myself harder than ever now that I know I qualified for PJ and need to pass the PAST. I didn't even know I was capable of some of the **** I'm putting myself through right now. My back is ****ing killing me but you're damn straight I'll be in the gym tomorrow, I don't give a single ****.

I'm in full focus mode and I feel better than ever. I've never felt as passionate about something as I do making this damn hard as **** job a reality, and I've always wondered why I've had no passion for anything for most of my life. Not letting any drill sgt or otherwise mess my focus up, not a chance.

But I know he'll try. I'll be challenging the ****er to push ups
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Mar 11, 2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:00 AM   #7236
Nunz
RIP Roxen

set my pc wallpaper to a group of airmen jumping out of a plane

set my phone wallpaper to a pair of guys doing a HALO jump

protein shake in the morning as well as my 1/2cup bowl of oatmeal and creatine. aiming for 4 scoops per day (1 in the morning-with milk-, 2 scoops in my workout shake-with water-, and 1 scoop at night-with milk-), which will put me at roughly ~100g of protein just from shakes. 1lb of chicken breast for lunch with lettuce and spinach every day.. should be more than enough protein to gain muscle mass/strength/endurance without gaining too much weight. instead of aiming to hit 190lb, i'm now shooting to be as lean as possible in order to make myself most efficient in the water. the less weight im carrying around while running and swimming the easier it will be. dirty bulking won't work for what i need to accomplish.

found a pool that i can swim at that's open 7 days a week for $25/year with a 75m length. thanks NYC parks! gonna find the times it's not too crowded and talk to the staff to find out when i can basically get the pool to myself.

eat sleep dream breath PJ - that's my goal right now. only way i'm gonna be in shape in 6 weeks for the PAST and i refuse to fail this ****.

Last edited by Nunz : Mar 12, 2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 02:44 PM   #7237
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
You'll tear it up no problem buddy, cakewalk. You'll love the physical challenges, but whatever you do, do not let the DS get under your skin, because he's going to try, hard. That's where I almost blew it. You got this. Easy.
My biggest piece of advice...even though AF boot is a country club vacation ...is that no matter if you do everything PERFECTLY, you'll still get yelled at and dropped. It will seem like you can't do anything right. Don't worry about it. Always try your hardest, follow the rules to a T, and take it day by day. Don't worry about graduating, or even tomorrow. Make it to the end of each day and be grateful you're still there when you go to sleep.

Also, get a team together in boot of the guys that sleep around you. Never make your rack alone. You and your bunkmate make one of your beds, then the others, square away your space, then go help the other guys. Also, among your team, figure out who is good at ironing, shining boots, etc. work efficiently with your strengths.

When you get into SO training I have other tips that can help you make it through it. Took me two tries to pass it all so I've learned a thing or two

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2017, 06:46 PM   #7238
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
My biggest piece of advice...even though AF boot is a country club vacation ...is that no matter if you do everything PERFECTLY, you'll still get yelled at and dropped. It will seem like you can't do anything right.
Yep, and this is it right here. I don't know if they've changed the program or not from 30 years ago, but like I said, you'll love the physical stuff. It's going to be easy.

The thing to watch for are the sadistic DS's. And they are there. I don't mean the bastards Cyko is talking about, I mean the sick ones. Next flight over to us had one, even my DS hated his guts.

Do exactly what Cyko is saying here and you'll be leaving them in the dust before you know it.

Vernon Law
Old Mar 12, 2017, 07:15 PM   #7239
Nunz
RIP Roxen

One day at a time, gents. I'm still focusing on the PAST

My running numbers are really slacking to be honest. I haven't ran since I was ~165lb. I'm now 184 and the extra weight has ruined my lap times. I'm struggling to push out a 8min mile, it's bad. Gotta run every day and hope my numbers drop significantly by week 3. The PAST requires a 1.5 mile run in less than 10:07. That means I basically need to run a 6:30-7:00min mile and then have the juice to push out a half mile at a faster pace than I ran the mile.

Currently can't feel my legs or abs. I brutalized both today. I signed up for the pool and will be going tomorrow morning .. gotta figure out when it's not crowded. Almost smacked the **** out of the guy at the desk. I asked him when the pool isn't crowded/what days+times are best to show up, and he answers with "you gotta figure that out for yourself" ..

I replied "Oh, I thought you worked here and were smart enough to remember when the place gets busy considering you work the front desk .. but since you work the front desk you must not be very intelligent, sorry i asked"

guy looked at me and didn't say anything. ****ing morons. asked a different staff member on my way out as the pool wasn't open for male swimming (this place has a FEMALE ONLY SWIMMING that takes 2 hours of the day .. WTF IS THAT JUST SWIM WITH EVERYONE ELSE???) and he told me that late night is best but Friday mornings are exceptionally empty.

I'm just gonna go every morning this week at 8am and swim before I go to my gym, and gauge it for myself. The dude at the front desk pissed me off, so not a good start.

Also, you have to wear a swimmers cap at this place.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 01:03 AM   #7240
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

Swimmers caps are for your own good, both because of hygiene and loose hair. Getting hairs into your mouth while swimming is disgusting.

My legs are still sore from Friday's leg session, so I think that I overdid it. Need to limit the number of repetitions a bit. Among other things, I did sets of side lunges, and the hip was just fine afterwards. I'd expected to have problems after them, so this was a nice surprise.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:58 AM   #7241
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
Swimmers caps are for your own good, both because of hygiene and loose hair. Getting hairs into your mouth while swimming is disgusting.

My legs are still sore from Friday's leg session, so I think that I overdid it. Need to limit the number of repetitions a bit. Among other things, I did sets of side lunges, and the hip was just fine afterwards. I'd expected to have problems after them, so this was a nice surprise.
That's some good news! You'll be doing single leg burpees before you know it.

Vernon Law
Old Mar 13, 2017, 07:52 PM   #7242
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Goku Gains is a go. 170x14 for a new rep PR on shoulder press tonight and feeling pretty amped. No really comment on pump yet, hate shoulders.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 07:51 PM   #7243
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Bench tonight. Goku Gains still on point.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 07:56 PM   #7244
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Good **** ice. nice work. Goku Gains was the preworkout, right?

I've changed up my workouts a bit as I get ready for the PAST. I'm doing my normal monday chest day back tuesday etc, but now adding in push-ups + pull-ups every day along with abs. I'm alternating running and swimming every day as well. Tomorrow is running. I've also stopped doing heavy lifting on my normal workouts and moved towards more reps. I notice that the large focus I've had over the months on strength has made me strong in terms of raw brute force, but when it comes to endurance .. well, not so much.

Just grinding away. Trying to stay focused. My running and swimming times are really concerning me and I'm trying to stay positive that I can fix it within 5 weeks. I get too negative and hard on myself.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 08:18 PM   #7245
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Good **** ice. nice work. Goku Gains was the preworkout, right?

I've changed up my workouts a bit as I get ready for the PAST. I'm doing my normal monday chest day back tuesday etc, but now adding in push-ups + pull-ups every day along with abs. I'm alternating running and swimming every day as well. Tomorrow is running. I've also stopped doing heavy lifting on my normal workouts and moved towards more reps. I notice that the large focus I've had over the months on strength has made me strong in terms of raw brute force, but when it comes to endurance .. well, not so much.

Just grinding away. Trying to stay focused. My running and swimming times are really concerning me and I'm trying to stay positive that I can fix it within 5 weeks. I get too negative and hard on myself.

Yep. So far both my workouts were PRs, I took some before last night to try to deadlift but after all the shoveling I just couldn't do it and didn't want to risk snapping my ****. Shoulders and bench both went great though. Even had me doing assistance work where I usually just go out and do the compound movements. I like this better than Origin so far.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:44 PM   #7246
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

Did an hour of non-stop freestyle swimming focusing on staying at aerobic HR area. I managed to swim some meters short of 2.5 km. I'd like to get the speed closer to 3 km/h, to do that I'll need to have some more shoulder-area strength.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:48 AM   #7247
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Hit 320x15 ATG tonight. Posted about GokuGains on Instagram and Furious Pete liked and commented on it, cool.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 07:53 PM   #7248
ice
Rage3D Spammer

180x12 shoulder press tonight, a PR both weeks so far. Finishing up with sets of 75lb DB presses.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.