Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:37 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Do you test drive cars much?

I'm thinking about what happens when my Civic finally dies. Close to breaking 300K KM on it. 9 years old. However, I can't bring myself to test drive a car. I don't want to deal with the hassle of salesmen. I'm a pushover and alway feel guilty for not buying and wasting their time.
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:40 AM   #2
Bob Bobbles
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Bob Bobbles is still being judged by the masses

Are you married? You could always use the "I need to check with my wife before making any decisions" excuse and run out of there. My dad does it all of the time after he test drives a car and doesn't want to deal with a salesman.

Even if you aren't married, do you have a plain looking ring that could pass for a wedding ring?
2001 is the stupidest movie ever and the only purpose of that movie is to lie to people that there is no God. That movie is not worth watching it. The movie is just another deception...so trust me if you didn't watch don't do it, you wont miss anything.
Bob Bobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:05 AM   #3
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
I'm thinking about what happens when my Civic finally dies. Close to breaking 300K KM on it. 9 years old. However, I can't bring myself to test drive a car. I don't want to deal with the hassle of salesmen. I'm a pushover and alway feel guilty for not buying and wasting their time.
Do not feel guilty. You did not waste their time.

Its their job to get you behind the wheel. When you are, you cannot go anywhere and are stuck with him for a while.

Some weekends, when bored. I'll stop by a lot somewhere, look at a car (maybe Jayme and I wanted to actually see what the inside looks like). We'll end up test driving it, because the salesperson wants us too. No biggy, I will.

Then we'll excuse ourselves and go shopping or something. All in all, its quite fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:07 AM   #4
-=Antimatter=-
Radeon Sea Islands

-=Antimatter=- is still being judged by the masses

When I was shopping around last fall, the dude I worked with was totally non-pressuring. He didn't really say much at all, but he wasn't afraid to tell me that I could get a better car for my money when we were sitting in a crappy one. I considered myself pretty lucky. I haven't really dealt with huge super-dealerships, this place only had 4-5 salesmen and maybe a dozen more at their other two locations.
-=Antimatter=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:18 PM   #5
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bobbles View Post
Are you married? You could always use the "I need to check with my wife before making any decisions" excuse and run out of there. My dad does it all of the time after he test drives a car and doesn't want to deal with a salesman.

Even if you aren't married, do you have a plain looking ring that could pass for a wedding ring?
Noice! I like it! Thanks mate.
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:40 AM   #6
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
This ones easy, I do it a lot. Just go in, look at a car, and when the salesman offers the test drive, just look at your watch or other time keeping device and state you only have about 30 minutes till you have to do something but say okay. After the test drive just say your out of time but ask for his business card. Then just scoot on outta there to the next dealer.

Since your the pushover type, stick to the 30minute rule, even if you don't really need to be anywhere.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:55 AM   #7
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I only test drive cars when I am in the market for buying one. I need to drive around the lots and just take some of these newer cars I really like out for a spin!!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:06 AM   #8
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I used to before I got my Mounty, now I don't. I really need to, want to take a few 'stangs out and "accidently" side step the clutch at 4-5grand
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:52 AM   #9
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Just test drive the vehicle but tell them upfront that you are only shopping around and will not buy anything that day. No false excuses or lies are necessary, just man up about it.