Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:59 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Lets not make this about AMD and keep it on Lovelace. Shall we?
LG 43UD79-B
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 04:17 PM   #62
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
I was responding to Bill's comment regarding abandoning the 6xxx series and moving straight onto RDNA 3. They are not selling any 6xxx at retailers it's basically vapourware. From probably the biggest online retailer in the UK.

"Currently supply is extremely tight on all of the RX 6000 series GPU's. As shipments arrive we will list available stock for sale on the website. At this time we will not be taking pre-orders for cards as we are unable to give any estimates on wait times."

I think she has done a tremendous job at AMD especially with the CPU's. But she hasn't delivered with the 6xxx series and I'm sure she doesn't want that as her epitaph at AMD. So where is Frank Azore suddenly? No one at AMD is telling us anything which is strange. Something is not right?
their stock price is still sky high ... so she is doing fine and going to stay

they are cranking out CPU's and new console APU's as fast as they can
and most likely those new 5700 mining cards as they are 7nm also with the price of bitcoin

my bet the 6000's are last on the list as they are not as good at 4k and RT as planed
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 05:31 PM   #63
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
Lets not make this about AMD and keep it on Lovelace. Shall we?
So why do Nvidia need Lovelace now? The 3080 stomps on 6900XT in 4K not to mention the 3090. Fancy Ray Tracing? The 3070 stomps on the 6900XT. Nvidia have got nothing to fear from AMD so that's why they signed a contract with Samsung for lower tier Ampere cards because AMD don't really have very much ATM to push back with. Care to discuss?
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 1, 2021, 05:52 PM   #64
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
So why do Nvidia need Lovelace now? The 3080 stomps on 6900XT in 4K not to mention the 3090. Fancy Ray Tracing? The 3070 stomps on the 6900XT. Nvidia have got nothing to fear from AMD so that's why they signed a contract with Samsung for lower tier Ampere cards because AMD don't really have very much ATM to push back with. Care to discuss?
Your obsession with AMD has a tendency to crud up threads. And you don't even attempt to lace the bait.

Why release Lovelace? Because they have $1500 SIMPS lined up for one.
Sorry just a joke. On a more serious note, RDNA is earnest competition. RDNA 2 took things to a whole new level, and they are generally better performers at rasterization. That's 80 plus % of the games. Your question is overly rhetorical. It's generally a good thing they are releasing a GPU, right?
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 06:00 PM   #65
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Why is a guy with 78 pny cards proof that Nvidia is selling cards directly to miners?

Wouldn't that be proof that PNY/AIBS might be doing it?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 06:11 PM   #66
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Why is a guy with 78 pny cards proof that Nvidia is selling cards directly to miners?

It fits into the nV is evil narrative, try and keep up.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 06:18 PM   #67
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Your obsession with AMD has a tendency to crud up threads. And you don't even attempt to lace the bait.

Why release Lovelace? Because they have $1500 SIMPS lined up for one.
Sorry just a joke. On a more serious note, RDNA is earnest competition. RDNA 2 took things to a whole new level, and they are generally better performers at rasterization. That's 80 plus % of the games. Your question is overly rhetorical. It's generally a good thing they are releasing a GPU, right?
My obsession with AMD I bought a Fury X, Vega 64 and 5700XT not to mention I own a Ryzen 2700 and Ryzen 3800XT. And you're calling me? Really? What AMD have you bought recently? I've earned the right the criticise them because I actually buy there products. In England we have a phrase "put your money where your mouth is or STFU". I know which camp I'm in. Do you?
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jan 1, 2021, 06:18 PM   #68
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

I would understand SuperGeil's narrative if they were Founder Edition sku's.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 06:36 PM   #69
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
I would understand SuperGeil's narrative if they were Founder Edition sku's.

yoz
Old Jan 1, 2021, 07:05 PM   #70
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Nvidia (nor AMD) make thier own boards and the manufacture that makes the boards changes often. So I'm sure not sure where the connection is lost here. When 78 boards are dropped on one person from one brand, it could be just the board partner, but something that drastic I doubt it, as their are generally restrictions on AIB's distribution. I don't mean to piss in your Nvidios. But I think one of the original arguments that Nvidia is not meeting consumer demand was bulk sales to miners. Regardless of being Nvidia or PNY, there is picture proof right here.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 07:14 PM   #71
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
"put your money where your mouth is or STFU".
You are an extremely emotional person. Relax.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 08:04 PM   #72
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Regardless of being Nvidia or PNY, there is picture proof right here.
Picture proof of what, though? Some miner with lots of cash to invest in a profitable "business"? There is zero evidence he/she acquired all 78 cards all at once as well. You're pushing a narrative and an assumption based off this photo, but there's no evidence of what you're claiming..

The only proof is that one person was able to acquire 78 cards, and it's a scumbag miner.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 08:30 PM   #73
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Likely a syndicate who have botted the shiit out of newegg

Pretty sure the Jacket didn't meet some goons in an underground carpark with brief case of 78 GPU's in exchange for 12 keys of coke.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 09:23 PM   #74
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Uh oh, Nvidios....

I thought 3080's were actually not that profitable because of power and heat and better asic solutions out there.

Even according to the article it will take about 10 months to break even, assuming prices remain even as they are. This doesn't seem all that sensible in terms of profitability and return. Seems more like someone did this taking a risk on the future, which could very well turn out bad for them.

Certainly no evidence of any other mining activity or even a mining rush in like past years, let alone any shred of evidence Nvidia selling directly to one person.

More like someone tried to make a mountain out of a molehill from this news. I'm more interested on the eventual resale ads on these. "Never overclocked, barely used for gaming."
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 09:56 PM   #75
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It is kinda frustrating though, most find it difficult to get only one and this miner found and somehow purchased 78 of the same brand no less.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:11 PM   #76
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post

Pretty sure the Jacket didn't meet some goons in an underground carpark with brief case of 78 GPU's in exchange for 12 keys of coke.
I don't know, Jen-Hsun Huang looks kind of guilty here after finishing unloading:

https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploa...rip=all&w=1600
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:25 PM   #77
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Just look at his coked up smirk
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:15 PM   #78
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
I don't know, Jen-Hsun Huang looks kind of guilty here after finishing unloading:

https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploa...rip=all&w=1600

4 cars in a two car garage

the 4080 ti needs to be sweet spot pricing 349.00

Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:27 AM   #79
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
My obsession with AMD I bought a Fury X, Vega 64 and 5700XT not to mention I own a Ryzen 2700 and Ryzen 3800XT. And you're calling me? Really? What AMD have you bought recently? I've earned the right the criticise them because I actually buy there products. In England we have a phrase "put your money where your mouth is or STFU". I know which camp I'm in. Do you?

have you bought an RTX 3090 ?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:49 PM   #80
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
have you bought an RTX 3090 ?
I have badsykes and it's amazing TBH. I won't defend the price, I agree it it's ridiculous. But I couldn't buy a 3080, 6800XT, or 6900XT. I could buy the 3090 and so I did. Gaming is now on a different level at 1440p. Ultra settings and everything maxed on 144hz freesync monitor and it's great to behold.

Also replaced my Zen+ 2700 with a Zen 2 3800X because I couldn't get a 5600X. So be it. Happy with my upgrades as it made a terrible year a bit better at the end. I was 60 in May so time is running out to enjoy things I can afford.

So my son has got my 5700XT and this month will get my 2700 and a new motherboard to boot. So both he and I win good result. I'm making him pay for the mobo as he needs to understand the value of money.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 01:45 PM   #81
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I have badsykes and it's amazing TBH. I won't defend the price, I agree it it's ridiculous. But I couldn't buy a 3080, 6800XT, or 6900XT. I could buy the 3090 and so I did. Gaming is now on a different level at 1440p. Ultra settings and everything maxed on 144hz freesync monitor and it's great to behold.

Also replaced my Zen+ 2700 with a Zen 2 3800X because I couldn't get a 5600X. So be it. Happy with my upgrades as it made a terrible year a bit better at the end. I was 60 in May so time is running out to enjoy things I can afford.

So my son has got my 5700XT and this month will get my 2700 and a new motherboard to boot. So both he and I win good result. I'm making him pay for the mobo as he needs to understand the value of money.

I understand... In a way the money begun to not matter if you are stuck like this year 2020.If you have them spend them ... It doesn't matter anymore.
In my country actually i can find a 5600x, 3070 and 3090 lately.
The Asus tuf 3080 is 1000 euro and is available in 20 days.
Anyway i played many old games that remained for years unplayed.With RKL and Alder Lake and RTX 4000 series on the horizon i let the market prices to crash.
I can play Cyberpunk acceptable on current rig but without RTX so i uninstalled it .The only reason i would invest in GPU would be to enjoy RTX in a fully supported game like Cyberpunk... Also the game needs many patches still ..I will let it cook.For one game that is not so cooked i can wait another year and see what's new.If 4000 series is 70% faster than 3000 series than the 2080ti will be at 250$ or even less.The 4000 will really bring RTX to a level decent performance.
If you have a bit of time play ABZU ... Is absolutly beautifully artistic...I finished it.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 03:54 PM   #82
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
I understand... In a way the money begun to not matter if you are stuck like this year 2020.If you have them spend them ... It doesn't matter anymore.
In my country actually i can find a 5600x, 3070 and 3090 lately.
The Asus tuf 3080 is 1000 euro and is available in 20 days.
Anyway i played many old games that remained for years unplayed.With RKL and Alder Lake and RTX 4000 series on the horizon i let the market prices to crash.

I can play Cyberpunk acceptable on current rig but without RTX so i uninstalled it .The only reason i would invest in GPU would be to enjoy RTX in a fully supported game like Cyberpunk... Also the game needs many patches still ..I will let it cook.For one game that is not so cooked i can wait another year and see what's new.If 4000 series is 70% faster than 3000 series than the 2080ti will be at 250$ or even less.The 4000 will really bring RTX to a level decent performance.
If you have a bit of time play ABZU ... Is absolutly beautifully artistic...I finished it.
Unfortunately can't see GPU market prices crashing too soon I'm afraid. These silly prices will be with us for a while TBH. Glad I'm out of it really and just enjoying what I bought. Serene you might say.

Would never buy Cyberpunk don't like those games I'm a first person shooter so RTX is maybe meh but I can run every game in Ultra at up to 144hz what's not to like. Happy chappy. Back into National Lock down so will be gaming more yeah.

ABZU is not for me sorry badsykes not my kinda game really.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 09:38 AM   #83
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

There are rumors about 4000 series already.I feel this generations 3000 from nvidia and 6000 from AMD are kinda dead.They were launched in a difficult period.RTX is very hard on the cards without DLSS.With Rasterization my vega56 can handle thing fine.Of course i am talking 60fps and without last triple stuff like Cyberpunk.I tested it and is not bad.From 40fps and above and high detail with some tweaks.Also the second hand market is a mess of overpriced stuff.
If i buy a new GPU i will do it for RTX.AMD 6000 sucks at this and also 3000 series in a way.I have to go up to 700 euros at least to get also 60fps RTX on 1080p.Another thing is i have plenty of old games that i haven't played and vega56 is fine for them.
With rtx 4000 series there will be a big crash of prices on 3000 series and older.Maybe RTX 4000 will bring the RTX 3080 performance to mainstream with all bells and whistles assuming the availability is fine.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:25 AM   #84
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
There are rumors about 4000 series already.I feel this generations 3000 from nvidia and 6000 from AMD are kinda dead.They were launched in a difficult period.RTX is very hard on the cards without DLSS.With Rasterization my vega56 can handle thing fine.Of course i am talking 60fps and without last triple stuff like Cyberpunk.I tested it and is not bad.From 40fps and above and high detail with some tweaks.Also the second hand market is a mess of overpriced stuff.
If i buy a new GPU i will do it for RTX.AMD 6000 sucks at this and also 3000 series in a way.I have to go up to 700 euros at least to get also 60fps RTX on 1080p.Another thing is i have plenty of old games that i haven't played and vega56 is fine for them.
With rtx 4000 series there will be a big crash of prices on 3000 series and older.Maybe RTX 4000 will bring the RTX 3080 performance to mainstream with all bells and whistles assuming the availability is fine.
Yes, it is a total clusterf%$# trying to get a new card or at this time.....or even a Ryzen 5*** CPU.

I have ordered new upgrades to my PC but monitor and graphics card will have to wait. Sorry, AMD I try my best to support you but you are MIA at this point.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:31 AM   #85
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think graphics is the more important upgrade. You can easily make do with an Intel 10700K/10850K or 10900K without much loss in gaming performance. For productivity sure AMD is the temporary king.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:10 AM   #86
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
Yes, it is a total clusterf%$# trying to get a new card or at this time.....or even a Ryzen 5*** CPU.

I have ordered new upgrades to my PC but monitor and graphics card will have to wait. Sorry, AMD I try my best to support you but you are MIA at this point.

In my country new Ryzen 5000 are in stock pretty frequently but with RKL comming in march i want to wait until then there will be some price modifications.
I was thinking of switching intel for my rig but i will wait and see how the prices will evolve.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:25 AM   #87
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I think graphics is the more important upgrade. You can easily make do with an Intel 10700K/10850K or 10900K without much loss in gaming performance. For productivity sure AMD is the temporary king.
My CPU is a 3570K. I've ordered a 10600K and other urgently needed upgrades. My whole CPU,GPU,MOBO,RAM AND MONITOR needed to upgrade .I have 'gasped' joined the EVGA queue reluctantly .

I am very partial toward AMD but this Intel 3570K served me well for 8 years. I have no problems with the Intel CPU's and the difficulty in getting a Ryzen 5*** CPU has made with stay with Intel for only my second Intel processor. I will grudgingly take an Nvidia 3### card if I get one because AMD is MIA to me.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:46 PM   #88
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
I will grudgingly take an Nvidia 3### card if I get one because AMD is MIA to me.
Which model?

yoz
Old Jan 10, 2021, 04:53 PM   #89
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Which model?
3060Ti or possibly a 3070 depending on price.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 02:51 PM   #90
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NVIDIA Reportedly Working w/ TSMC to Produce its Next-Gen Lovelace GPUs
https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidia...lovelace-gpus/