Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Dec 31, 2020, 07:52 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
If it was vapourware then no one was able to purchase them for 2 months. Maybe you need to grab a dictionary if you wanna have an attitude.
fair enough nunz, i was over the top with my vapour ware

but i encourage you to put your glasses on and re read my post and spare me your attitude if you want me to get the dictionary out

you seemed to have glossed over my neck of the woods and locally parts of the post
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2020, 07:56 AM   #32
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If I get my glasses can you toke me up please
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2020, 07:58 AM   #33
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
If I get my glasses can you toke me up please
not sure if thats a typo but sure, i just made 200g of shatter over the holidays. Know any cdn forces that can smuggle you some? Put in for a norad deployment if you can
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 31, 2020, 08:01 AM   #34
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don't we'll ever legalize it for the US Military. We still can't have beards for ****s sake.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Dec 31, 2020, 08:04 AM   #35
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I don't we'll ever legalize it for the US Military. We still can't have beards for ****s sake.
that blows, our boys can i think. Not on duty of course
Old Dec 31, 2020, 08:37 AM   #36
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Point taken Higgy, it was a light jab at Billy who a few weeks ago claimed massive Radeon stocks due to better production capacity @ TSMC vs Samsung.

In the end they were both hard to find but nV cards did trickle in rather than not stock at all for Radeon.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2020, 08:40 AM   #37
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Amd is apparently backloading their cards, at least according to the people who should have no credibility left.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2020, 08:44 AM   #38
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Amd is apparently backloading their cards, at least according to the people who should have no credibility left.
What does that mean?

yoz
Old Dec 31, 2020, 09:55 AM   #39
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
What does that mean?
some bullshit about they didnt order many wafers originally but more at the end of the order or some crap

i think

either way its bs
Old Dec 31, 2020, 09:58 AM   #40
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
some bullshit about they didnt order many wafers originally but more at the end of the order or some crap

i think

either way its bs
That cleared that up!

yoz
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:54 AM   #41
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post

i think

either way its bs
Actually it makes sense. AMD had to produce the Soc's for the consoles as they had contracts to fulfill. With Ryzen they are gaining market share from Intel and Zen 3 promised big IPC improvements so would further increase market share. They are also a CPU company first and foremost.

They have zero market share in enthusiast GPU's so this was not really a big influence for them. When they were planning these launches they would have thought they would only sell a small amount of 6xxx cards so best to leave them till last.

Unfortunately the pandemic hit, the Ampere launch was terrible and suddenly all their plans go out of the window. They could have still handled it better but maybe come May/June they will have enough cards to meet demand. Only problem is will there still be the same demand or are all their missed sales now lost just like me a veteran Radeon owner. Time will tell.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 01:20 PM   #42
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Actually it makes sense. AMD had to produce the Soc's for the consoles as they had contracts to fulfill. With Ryzen they are gaining market share from Intel and Zen 3 promised big IPC improvements so would further increase market share. They are also a CPU company first and foremost.

They have zero market share in enthusiast GPU's so this was not really a big influence for them. When they were planning these launches they would have thought they would only sell a small amount of 6xxx cards so best to leave them till last.

Unfortunately the pandemic hit, the Ampere launch was terrible and suddenly all their plans go out of the window. They could have still handled it better but maybe come May/June they will have enough cards to meet demand. Only problem is will there still be the same demand or are all their missed sales now lost just like me a veteran Radeon owner. Time will tell.

but if it takes them till May/June might as well wait for RDNA 3 in about 6 months more about Q4 of 2021

but by May/June 50% to 70% or more should have one of the vaccines and be running around outside being stupid crazy nuts and not buying PC parts

i'm sure the cruise ship industry will have lots of special sales for them

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 1, 2021 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Q
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 01:35 PM   #43
acroig
Troll Mod

No way RDNA 3 comes out this year. 6000 refresh maybe.

yoz
Old Jan 1, 2021, 01:49 PM   #44
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
No way RDNA 3 comes out this year. 6000 refresh maybe.
i can't remember the last time ATI/AMD did a refresh without new cards also

their refreshes have always been last gen cards rereleased as lower end cards under the new ones

AMD has been hitting the yearly time table like clockwork since Ryzen started

it is on their roadmap before 2022 i will bet at most q1 22 for a pandemic delay if at all or their stockholders will start grumbling

and that means NV will need new cards also
or

and the Jacket won't let them go first and why Lovelace all of a sudden and not hopper
Old Jan 1, 2021, 02:09 PM   #45
acroig
Troll Mod

12 month cycle when neither maker can put enough stock out? Not seeing it.

yoz
Old Jan 1, 2021, 02:39 PM   #46
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
12 month cycle when neither maker can put enough stock out? Not seeing it.
intel people have been saying the same for 3+ years

and would explain NV's lower price this time
they knew they would not have lots of stock this gen

i bet they both write this gen off as a loss and move on

1 - NV because of Samsung sucks

2 - and AMD because of 4k and RT performance is lacking
does great at 1080p and 1440p but it was supposed to be a 4k card

RDNA 3 will have a bigger infinity cache or bus or both for 4k
and much better RT performance

and AMD knows they are still behind and will push it as fast as they can and they have the cash to do so now

do you really thing NV will take the chance they do it and not plan for it

3- and they both know the vaccines will be to everyone that will take them by September and they can get normal stock then on a new part and less demand

4 - NDNA 3 plan started 2+ years ago

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 1, 2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:11 PM   #47
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

It's obvious now that Nvidia was selling directly to miners. Some random guy was spotted with a 78 GTX 3080 farm for mining. No way he got that through retail channels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1B-xsSeoCM
LG 43UD79-B

Last edited by SuperGeil : Jan 1, 2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: correction
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:25 PM   #48
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
and the Jacket won't let them go first and why Lovelace all of a sudden and not hopper
I dont think Hopper was ever a consumer card. I think it was a data card. Things are going to get more confusing now that there will be two separate architectures for both AMD and Nvidia.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:29 PM   #49
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
intel people have been saying the same for 3+ years

and would explain NV's lower price this time
they knew they would not have lots of stock this gen

i bet they both write this gen off as a loss and move on

1 - NV because of Samsung sucks

2 - and AMD because of 4k and RT performance is lacking
does great at 1080p and 1440p but it was supposed to be a 4k card

RDNA 3 will have a bigger infinity cache or bus or both for 4k
and much better RT performance

and AMD knows they are still behind and will push it as fast as they can and they have the cash to do so now

do you really thing NV will take the chance they do it and not plan for it

3- and they both know the vaccines will be to everyone that will take them by September and they can get normal stock then on a new part and less demand

4 - RDNA 3 plan started 2+ years ago
Corrected no 4 to RDNA 3 for you.

Bill you're thinking as an enthusiast not a shareholder. Lisa Su is employed by shareholders and the main thing she has brought to AMD and talks about it a lot is product execution. Look at her quotes about the Xilinx acquisition.

She stood on stage and launched the 6xxx series saying it would bring RT all the way down the stack. No way she's backing down from that otherwise she's toast. Apparently people like Intel & IBM are looking at her but if she did what you suggest she'd become toxic and no one would hire her. Who want's a CEO who launches a product and then doesn't deliver it?

Nvidia have just signed a big deal with Samsung probably for the 3080ti and 3060ti and all the lower end cards they're not moving on yet as they don't need to. Unfortunately, ATM, the only AMD cards available are the 5700XT, if you're lucky, and the 5xx series. If Nvidia release their lower end Ampere cards they're basically stomping all over AMD from top to bottom.

Not too sure how it could look worse for AMD Radeon at this time. They need to get their act together and sort it out or their share of the dGPU market will plummet. Something is definitely not right at AMD.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:33 PM   #50
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
It's obvious now that Nvidia was selling directly to miners. Some random guy was spotted with a 78 GTX 3080 farm for mining. No way he got that through retail channels.
Why not? He could have bought a ton off of resellers, or paid for a botting company to get them all for him. It's certainly not obvious, and ever since that article full of FUD and zero credible sources came out, nothing has been released to back up the claims that were made.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:36 PM   #51
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Not too sure how it could look worse for AMD Radeon at this time. They need to get their act together and sort it out or their share of the dGPU market will plummet. Something is definitely not right at AMD.
I'm sure there is about 100 tech companies that will hire Lisa Su right now.
But this statement is funny. Sure, they are not in as great of a position as Nvidia right now. They are 2 months behind but the virus has made a feeding frenzy on all tech sales, from RAM to Monitors. When you are selling every GPU the second it lands at a retailer, I don't know how things can get worse.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:37 PM   #52
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Why not? He could have bought a ton off of resellers, or paid for a botting company to get them all for him. It's certainly not obvious, and ever since that article full of FUD and zero credible sources came out, nothing has been released to back up the claims that were made.
But they are ALL pny.
What is the chance of that?
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:39 PM   #53
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
But they are ALL pny.
He might have preferred PNY and had the botting company target those. These botting companies are extremely good at sniping cards; he probably had all 78 cards at least ordered within the first month or two of release. These guys are experts and have been doing it in other consumer channels for years now.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:41 PM   #54
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
So a random guy just happens to buy 78 3080's really? Do you have £$50,000+ in your back pocket That's probably a scalper gang working together. When the 3080 launched one scalper produced a receipt for 56 cards. Basically he managed to buy the whole inventory at that site with his bots. This whole mining issue has been debunked and as the Donald says it's FAKE NEWS. Let's move on to something more interesting and real.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:42 PM   #55
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
He might have preferred PNY and had the botting company target those. These botting companies are extremely good at sniping cards; he probably had all 78 cards at least ordered within the first month or two of release. These guys are experts and have been doing it in other consumer channels for years now.
Then he is quite skillful indeed.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:43 PM   #56
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
So a random guy just happens to buy 78 3080's really? Do you have £$50,000+ in your back pocket That's probably a scalper gang working together. When the 3080 launched one scalper produced a receipt for 56 cards. Basically he managed to buy the whole inventory at that site with his bots. This whole mining issue has been debunked and as the Donald says it's FAKE NEWS. Let's move on to something more interesting and real.
I can't take you anymore.
You have some random explanation for everything. Unless his pronoun is ''they'', his name was identified. The idea is to make money obviously.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:44 PM   #57
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
But they are ALL pny.
yea those were bought in one lot from PNY most likely
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:46 PM   #58
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Then he is quite skillful indeed.
It's certainly more believable than NV taking cards and selling them directly to random miners ..
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:49 PM   #59
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

I think the best way to settle it is to ask him.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 1, 2021, 03:56 PM   #60
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
I'm sure there is about 100 tech companies that will hire Lisa Su right now.
But this statement is funny. Sure, they are not in as great of a position as Nvidia right now. They are 2 months behind but the virus has made a feeding frenzy on all tech sales, from RAM to Monitors. When you are selling every GPU the second it lands at a retailer, I don't know how things can get worse.
I was responding to Bill's comment regarding abandoning the 6xxx series and moving straight onto RDNA 3. They are not selling any 6xxx at retailers it's basically vapourware. From probably the biggest online retailer in the UK.

"Currently supply is extremely tight on all of the RX 6000 series GPU's. As shipments arrive we will list available stock for sale on the website. At this time we will not be taking pre-orders for cards as we are unable to give any estimates on wait times."

I think she has done a tremendous job at AMD especially with the CPU's. But she hasn't delivered with the 6xxx series and I'm sure she doesn't want that as her epitaph at AMD. So where is Frank Azore suddenly? No one at AMD is telling us anything which is strange. Something is not right?