Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Default Apple, rotten to the core

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/macbookp...view-1513.html

In a sense I do agree whole heartedly with this article. Its laptop prices are quite ridiculous right now. The components inside, once you installed Windows to find out what they really are, are just the same stupid ones found in Dells.

The difference between many PC makers and Apple is that they adjust their pricing to fit the current hardware costs. For instance, Sony's 1300 laptop is now 950. But Apple's 1999 laptop, after 1.5 years is still 1999 regardless of the fact that all its component costs have gone down hill.

Worth noting in this article is that the $230 Apple charges for a $95 piece of ram. That's just sad.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:15 AM   #2
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Poor trolling - try it on Neowin, they'll fap you for it.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:19 AM   #3
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/macbookp...view-1513.html

In a sense I do agree whole heartedly with this article. Its laptop prices are quite ridiculous right now. The components inside, once you installed Windows to find out what they really are, are just the same stupid ones found in Dells.

The difference between many PC makers and Apple is that they adjust their pricing to fit the current hardware costs. For instance, Sony's 1300 laptop is now 950. But Apple's 1999 laptop, after 1.5 years is still 1999 regardless of the fact that all its component costs have gone down hill.

Worth noting in this article is that the $230 Apple charges for a $95 piece of ram. That's just sad.
I've tried explaining this to mac fans, they just plug their ears and go "la la la la la".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:20 AM   #4
DrWorm
REMAIN INDOORS

DrWorm is still being judged by the masses

This apple is also rotten but from this picture it's hard to tell if it goes right to the core.

DrWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:23 AM   #5
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Cool ironic post bro!
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:32 AM   #6
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
Actually, I really want to see what Razeus has to say about this.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:41 AM   #7
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
Actually, I really want to see what Razeus has to say about this.
Raz will tell you Apple DESERVES every $. If they sell $100 Ram chip to your for $500.. they deserve the $400 because of the quality of that ram chip

Apple Tax... Don't know why people even bother with Apple.

Edit: And only apple owners are rich enough to own Apple. They are willing to pay extra for the samething you pay less so they can brag about having an apple...
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:21 AM   #8
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've made my statements about this in another thread. Yes, Apple is not in my favorite bucket atm due to the long over due MBP. There has been no word from Apple about when they'll come out only a statement from Jobs saying that the new update will be "killer". All I know is that Apple is not the same company that I used to know. Their laptops are awesome (mine still looks brand spanking new even after 18 months of ownership. It's all about iPads and iPhones now. Yes, I've steered people away from buying a Mac lately as I see them as way overpriced for the tech inside these days, but I can't even give them a time frame when to expect the new models. I've been putting people on to the Sony F series. Heck, last fall I had to build be a Windows desktop since the new iMacs still come with Core 2 Duo's. For an i7 model, they wanted $ridiculous.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:25 AM   #9
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

The death of an era....the I-Raz folds.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:35 AM   #10
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I've made my statements about this in another thread. Yes, Apple is not in my favorite bucket atm due to the long over due MBP. There has been no word from Apple about when they'll come out only a statement from Jobs saying that the new update will be "killer". All I know is that Apple is not the same company that I used to know. Their laptops are awesome (mine still looks brand spanking new even after 18 months of ownership. It's all about iPads and iPhones now. Yes, I've steered people away from buying a Mac lately as I see them as way overpriced for the tech inside these days, but I can't even give them a time frame when to expect the new models. I've been putting people on to the Sony F series. Heck, last fall I had to build be a Windows desktop since the new iMacs still come with Core 2 Duo's. For an i7 model, they wanted $ridiculous.
Someone hacked Raz's account!!!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:36 AM   #11
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I'll notify the mods. Someone has apparently hacked Razeus' account.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Someone hacked Raz's account!!!

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:42 AM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I'm more curious your thoughts on the HTC thing, any reason you've avoided that thread? I had already figured you didn't agree with their ridiculous up-charging...
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:56 AM   #13
ZeeM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ZeeM is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Why are you constantly whining about neowin? Sure, it sucks but not more than a whiny mac fanboy right?
Some cool info: Tibeten monks, after twenty years or so of practise in the Himalaya, control their brain stem - they can control their heart beat, blood pressure etc. After thirty years they can connect to the internet purely by meditation, setting TCP stacks in their neurons and stuff. Right now I am chatting with a monk who is sitting naked in an ice storm on his towel, his only possesion. He's using ipv6.
ZeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:09 PM   #14
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

I like my Mac, but then again I don't pay for them, work does If I had to actually pay for one, it'd probably make me think twice... but I don't think it's any surprise that Apple's hardware isn't any different than a Dell. I certainly don't want Apple's to go back to being obscure PowerPC based systems.

However, Apple can be defended on a couple of fronts. Mostly the cost of their software. While you spend a lot upfront for the Mac itself, a lot of the best software for it is installed, or comes pretty cheap, and OS updates are pennies compared to what most people pay for Windows.

My Macbook Pro certainly hasn't been problem free - I had to have the monitor replaced becaues of dead pixels, but I never once thought its guts were anything but basic laptop guts I've managed loads of PC laptops and some are pure garbage and some are great pieces of machinery. I personally love the aluminum build of the Apple's, but I'm sure there are sturdy PC-based systems too and they probably cost a bit more on top as well.

Rotten inside or not, why does Apple charge what they do? Because people will pay that much for it!

Last edited by Jet Black : Mar 4, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:17 PM   #15
Caleb
Radeon Arctic Islands

Caleb is still being judged by the masses

They are all valid points but nothing suprising. If I had written that article I would have tried to give my opinion as to why Apple do what they do.

I am really curious about the BD drive... IMO I don't tink Apple want to put it in. They are making too much money off of video bought and rented over iTunes.

Same reason why they don't support Flash on iPhone OS.. it is NOT a performance issue as Flash Player 10.1 has demontrated on lesser hardware than the iPhone. It is simply because Flash is a huge competitor to App Store.

Many of the pay to play games on App Store exist as freeware flash games on the internet. So Apple is afraid people would buy Apps ... remember 80% of apps sold on app store are games.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:20 PM   #16
Caleb
Radeon Arctic Islands

Caleb is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Rotten inside or not, why does Apple charge what they do? Because people will pay that much for it!
You are right... but if you mislead people about your product in order to make them buy at an increased price ... that is not cool in my book.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:24 PM   #17
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Many of the pay to play games on App Store exist as freeware flash games on the internet. So Apple is afraid people would buy Apps ... remember 80% of apps sold on app store are games.
This is a great point. There's word floating around that Steam is coming to the Mac. Great for Mac users looking for games (as retail long since dried up for Macs), but I wondered whether Valve could use the same code to introduce Steam to the iPhone... and I wondered whether that would be possible as there would now exist an alternative to purchasing games, so figured it wouldn't be a possibility.

Apple's not stupid. You lock people into a proprietary setup, and be the sole provider of what they need, you'll profit. Even I know that and I run Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
You are right... but if you mislead people about your product in order to make them buy at an increased price ... that is not cool in my book.
Do they? I'm not being facetious here either, I actually am wondering. I don't really read any Apple propaganda and first purchased Macs because as part of my job, I had to understand the different systems users would be computing on. Do they actually say that their hardware is of higher quality than others?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:07 PM   #18
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

Yes, they do mislead people into believing the hardware they put inside their machines is of higher quality. I work with a lot of Mac users and most of them believe that the standard, 2-3 generations old, low-end video cards and/or IGP's that are in Macs are "High End" parts. They also believe that the CPU's are faster than the same thing in a PC. We all know that simply isn't true.

They also believe the monitors are WAY more color accurate and much more suited for video and photo work. Most of the large Cinema Displays I've seen are blotchy with poor color and contrast.

Most Apple users I've met, and I've met hundreds and hundreds of them, are completely, utterly, blissfully ignorant about hardware, yet feel entitled to be arrogant and self-righteous about the over-priced hardware they buy. This is the type of people Apple markets their products to...

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:15 PM   #19
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Apple's not stupid. You lock people into a proprietary setup, and be the sole provider of what they need, you'll profit.
Funny how MS gets flack for that, but Mactards praise...
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:26 PM   #20
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zhivago View Post
Yes, they do mislead people into believing the hardware they put inside their machines is of higher quality. I work with a lot of Mac users and most of them believe that the standard, 2-3 generations old, low-end video cards and/or IGP's that are in Macs are "High End" parts. They also believe that the CPU's are faster than the same thing in a PC. We all know that simply isn't true.

They also believe the monitors are WAY more color accurate and much more suited for video and photo work. Most of the large Cinema Displays I've seen are blotchy with poor color and contrast.

Most Apple users I've met, and I've met hundreds and hundreds of them, are completely, utterly, blissfully ignorant about hardware, yet feel entitled to be arrogant and self-righteous about the over-priced hardware they buy. This is the type of people Apple markets their products to...
I wonder if it is a reinforced stereotype now... Apple market to demographic, find niche Apple people market, who beget Apple people, whom Apple market to, find more niche Apple people... etc.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:29 PM   #21
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Funny how MS gets flack for that, but Mactards praise...
Yeah, not sure how that works
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:37 PM   #22
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeM View Post
Why are you constantly whining about neowin? Sure, it sucks but not more than a whiny mac fanboy right?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:38 PM   #23
MysticKiller
Nuff Respect Due

MysticKiller is still being judged by the masses

They will still sell, no matter what lol. And I hate the fact that suckers pay full buck for them.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:51 PM   #24
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticKiller View Post
They will still sell, no matter what lol. And I hate the fact that suckers pay full buck for them.
I hate it that the suckers try and tell me that Apple is the snizzle (and their SDK is teh biggest load of crap)....

I don't care if they blow their money on apple crap.. but don't tell me it's because "it's cool" and "it's an apple". Like WTF...
Old Mar 4, 2010, 03:36 PM   #25
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
I wonder if it is a reinforced stereotype now... Apple market to demographic, find niche Apple people market, who beget Apple people, whom Apple market to, find more niche Apple people... etc.
At what point does it stop being niche? Or do they lose as many as they convert once the converted move far enough away from the RDF?

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 03:50 PM   #26
ZeeM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ZeeM is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Great for Mac users looking for games (as retail long since dried up for Macs), but I wondered whether Valve could use the same code to introduce Steam to the iPhone... and I wondered whether that would be possible as there would now exist an alternative to purchasing games, so figured it wouldn't be a possibility.
They will port steam to macs however it will just be used as a content providing platform for mac games which means none of the games currently on steam will work on macs unless there's a mac version.
It will be cool and all, but how much of a good investment can it be to port steam to a different platform that can run exactly 4 and a half games?
Some cool info: Tibeten monks, after twenty years or so of practise in the Himalaya, control their brain stem - they can control their heart beat, blood pressure etc. After thirty years they can connect to the internet purely by meditation, setting TCP stacks in their neurons and stuff. Right now I am chatting with a monk who is sitting naked in an ice storm on his towel, his only possesion. He's using ipv6.
ZeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:14 PM   #27
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
This is only because Raz is low on Apple drug, the second they release the MBP with optimus copy cat Apple revolutionary GPU switcher he will jizz his pants and proclaim the end of all things.

The new MBPs will be Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 for 13,15, 17. With some new age nVidia GPU along with their optimus tech. They'll proclaim that it is upto 2x faster than older macbook pros. Maybe they'll even boost battery life to 9 hours (up from their ridiculous 7) and maybe say the screen now has 130% gamut.

Still no word on blu ray drive, maybe a harddrive upgrade, no ram upgrade, same small amount of ports.

What i'd really like to see in a MBP for next one though:
Removal of the CD ROM (that's right folks). Apple is one company that can do this and survive the fallout.
Increase battery size so that half the laptop IS a battery (read, 20 hours battery life) completely integrated
Double the input, 4 USB, 2 firewire, hdmi, displayport etc on both sides, maybe a Light peak port and card reader
Introduce completely new cooling system due to the huge vacuum left behind by the non-cdrom drive space, much bigger fans that spin much slower and quieter.
Optimus technology

That would be a neat upgrade. Oh, and maybe sell a stupid super drive as a side thing.

To be honest, going forward, I haven't touched a CDROM, DVDROM for about 2 years now. I download all my movies, I got a free bluray DVD as a gift and watched it once on my PS3. But as far as my laptop goes, it's all thumb drives.

Everything I do doesn't require the stupid mechanized spinning plastic in my laptop. My DSLR uses a card reader, my 16 gig usb uses a usb port. I have a slew of external harddrives that use firewire 400 or 800 (time machine backups, archives, storage)

There is no longer a need for plain CDs as internet bandwidth has taken over the speed of burning a CD to give to someone. Same as how they removed the ability to take out the battery (I have yet to take out the battery other than to access the ram slot and I'd rather forgo the extra mechanical contraptions.

With SSDs coming to cheap pricing, I feel that eventually the only things spinning in my laptop would be the cooling fans (how can we get rid of them as well lol?)

Last edited by VVanks : Mar 4, 2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:43 PM   #28
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
The death of an era....the I-Raz folds.
Maybe he finally pulled his head out of his ass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:30 PM   #29
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

You know die hard mac fans will read this and say its blasphemy...

I have one who tried to get into an argument with me over why macs were better. I'm and IT major, and needless to say she's not. Long story short, I ripped her argument to shreds.

The only good reason i can come up with for getting a mac is if you have money to burn and don't know the first thing about a computer.
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 03:40 AM   #30
mbeeston
Darkness Mane

mbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Maybe he finally pulled his head out of his ass?
that would require major surgery
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
" when somethings weird and it don't look good, who do you think it is? GHOST NAPPA"
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote