Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 18, 2020, 01:00 PM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

While doing this prep, I found the original documentation where they described the transmission shift problem, acknowledging it officially. This is from Nov, 2019:

Compared to this by the field tech in January 2020 after the "final repair":

Nothing changed with the truck from November to January. It was still shifting harshly and had developed a rear diff problem.

What's even more insidious is the dishonesty in the manufacturer's response, when they offered me a 100k warranty on the transmission. They claim 3 false things. That there has been no more than 1 repair for any one concern, that my truck hasn't been out of service for more than 15 days, and that I never requested a final repair.

There's a paper trail, including this email acknowledging:

But I'm the one who is wrong for saying GM has been dishonest per some on ColoradoFans...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2020, 08:25 AM   #302
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Leaving for the hearing now. See you on the other side.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:35 AM   #303
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just saw this on the local news. They call it the "Chevy Shake". I love GMs response to dismiss the suits.

They said, warranty doesn't cover design flaws, and that cars only have to work. They don't have to be perfect.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ac...EHHC7KZGOJZZU/
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:52 AM   #304
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
They said, warranty doesn't cover design flaws
That is technically correct. A warranty is for items that fail/break before their predetermined life expectancy from normal usage conditions.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2020, 02:02 PM   #305
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Won't find out anything today, but I left there doubting it will go in my favor. We'll see, but if not, oh well. Had to try.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 02:57 PM   #306
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So if its not in your favour what are you going to do?

Try to sell it off for max value or just do whatever it takes to just get rid of it?
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2020, 03:17 PM   #307
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I shouldn't have a problem selling it, per GM is has a clean bill of health right? I'm far above water on it, so shouldn't have a hard time getting some extra cash for it.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 03:59 PM   #308
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Won't find out anything today, but I left there doubting it will go in my favor. We'll see, but if not, oh well. Had to try.
I hate to be a downer, but your gut feeling is probably correct. Consumer arbitration is generally biased toward businesses.

When will a decision be handed down? Also, if the arbitrator rules against you, is there an appeals process or an option to sue in court?
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2020, 04:02 PM   #309
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I hate to be a downer, but your gut feeling is probably correct. Consumer arbitration is generally biased toward businesses.

When will a decision be handed down? Also, is there an appeals process, or the option to sue in court if the arbitrator rules against you?
Not sure, and I'm not going to keep fighting it at this point.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 04:08 PM   #310
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Not sure, and I'm not going to keep fighting it at this point.
Yeah, I hear you. That is probably the healthiest thing to do psychologically if you can afford it.

I think you are keeping a good attitude about all of this. If you lose, you will not be too disappointed; and if you win, you will be pleasantly surprised. Here's hoping that you get that surprise.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:49 PM   #311
Elysian
SCAATSJW

As expected, arbitrator denied my claim, citing the fact I was given loaners so that time doesn't count as out of service. That's the one major way Texas lemon law is skewed towards the manufacturer, IMO. Providing a loaner is the LEAST a manufacturer could do, it shouldn't absolve them of liability for a vehicle as unreliable as this one. That loaner has nothing to do with the reliability of MY vehicle.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 03:02 PM   #312
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
As expected, arbitrator denied my claim, citing the fact I was given loaners so that time doesn't count as out of service. That's the one major way Texas lemon law is skewed towards the manufacturer, IMO. Providing a loaner is the LEAST a manufacturer could do, it shouldn't absolve them of liability for a vehicle as unreliable as this one. That loaner has nothing to do with the reliability of MY vehicle.
Companies love arbitration, because the arbitrators are all almost biased completely towards the corporations. If a very vicious industry, arbitrators are run out of business unless they play ball. Kind of ruins the idea of impartial, doesn't it?

Either way...

I'm sorry to hear, hopefully you get a decent dollar out of it.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2020, 03:03 PM   #313
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
I am sorry to hear that, Elysian.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 08:44 PM   #314
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

What a freaking rip off! We bought a new KIA in 1919 and so far we love it. I was brought up a GM fan but no more.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:48 PM   #315
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
What a freaking rip off! We bought a new KIA in 1919 and so far we love it. I was brought up a GM fan but no more.
You should keep that, because it's from the future!

Or it's a classic?? I dunno.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #316
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
You should keep that, because it's from the future!

Or it's a classic?? I dunno.
LOL I see what I did there. OK 2019 I'm crazy.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote