Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old May 18, 2019, 05:48 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Isn't this supposed to be the Navi Forum?? There's a CPU forum to talk about Zen 2

Not according to the thread title.
Old May 19, 2019, 03:16 PM   #32
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Not according to the thread title.
Fair enough just read the thread title Can't say I'm over excited with either Zen 2 or Navi TBH. Heatsink fan on the chipset WTF AMD. Navi is still GCN which is a bust so they need to find a new Arc which hopefully comes with 'next gen' card. Here's hoping.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2019, 04:12 PM   #33
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

NAVI no, Zen 2 hell yes, what’s the big deal with a fan? I just want to know if it craps all over intel with no VD attached. Still say you should have waited.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 19, 2019, 05:20 PM   #34
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I use custom water, so I'm curious to see what these mono blocks are going to look like for these boards.

I'm ready! Zen 2 needs to come NOW!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 09:39 AM   #35
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Since I already upgraded to Vega 56, so I'm interested to see how Zen 2 performs like.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:04 AM   #36
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Fair enough just read the thread title Can't say I'm over excited with either Zen 2 or Navi TBH. Heatsink fan on the chipset WTF AMD. Navi is still GCN which is a bust so they need to find a new Arc which hopefully comes with 'next gen' card. Here's hoping.
you are in every zen 2 thread trying to justify your impatience

…….
Quote:
Rumor is that the fan exists for RAID configurations using the two NVME slots, but that is not confirmed yet
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ful,39370.html

since I can't see paying extra for m2's over sata SSD's or run raid's anymore and you can from what I read turn the fan off if not needed it is a non issue

and if needed EK will make a block or asus may have a water cooled option like my old Maximus Formula had

………

to bad they don't release the MB's now since they are backwards compatible

Last edited by bill dennison : Yesterday at 02:13 AM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #37
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

This looks pretty legit given the source and that Sapphire are an AMD only partner. Read it and weep for all those folks who thought Navi was coming for $250 Obviously still a rumour!

https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-rx-308...9-2060-at-399/
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #38
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

[quote=bill dennison;1338134125]you are in every zen 2 thread trying to justify your impatience

FYI I'm not trying to justify anything about my purchase. I am 100% happy with my new Ryzen 2700 and for the price I paid I think it's a steal. Unlike my 7700K I'm not on a dead platform so I can still upgrade to Zen 2 in the future as my Asus bios is already available. If Zen 2 doesn't turn out to be a great upgrade then hopefully Zen 3 will come out on the AM4 platform and I can upgrade to that. The way I see it is it's just win-win for me.

My bottleneck is the GPU and I'm not willing to spend £1,000 to improve that position. Unlike you Bill who whinged like there was no tomorrow about Nvidia fleecing everyone with their insane prices only to go and buy one and then try to justify it by saying you got a compensation payment so the cost was't an issue. What you fail to comprehend and lots of people pointed it out to you, is don't slag something off for being expensive and then buy it anyway. It's called hypocritical.

I was on a site last week (can't remember which one unfortunately) that was trying to temper the hype around Ryzen 2 and saying it expected the IPC gains to be between 5-10% not the 25% being touted. The 25% was in a specific business application and not gaming but people's expectation levels went up a few notches. TBH I don't think many people who own a Zen+ 2xxx will need to upgrade to a Zen 2 but if they own a 1xxx Ryzen I'm sure it will be a worthwhile upgrade. Just my 2c's
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #39
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
This looks pretty legit given the source and that Sapphire are an AMD only partner. Read it and weep for all those folks who thought Navi was coming for $250 Obviously still a rumour!

https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-rx-308...9-2060-at-399/
if so they are DOA .

same price as the RTX 2060/70 without any ray tracing

for (performance that’s slightly better )
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #40
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

[quote=LordHawkwind;1338134221]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
you are in every zen 2 thread trying to justify your impatience

FYI I'm not trying to justify anything about my purchase. I am 100% happy with my new Ryzen 2700 and for the price I paid I think it's a steal. Unlike my 7700K I'm not on a dead platform so I can still upgrade to Zen 2 in the future as my Asus bios is already available. If Zen 2 doesn't turn out to be a great upgrade then hopefully Zen 3 will come out on the AM4 platform and I can upgrade to that. The way I see it is it's just win-win for me.

My bottleneck is the GPU and I'm not willing to spend £1,000 to improve that position. Unlike you Bill who whinged like there was no tomorrow about Nvidia fleecing everyone with their insane prices only to go and buy one and then try to justify it by saying you got a compensation payment so the cost was't an issue. What you fail to comprehend and lots of people pointed it out to you, is don't slag something off for being expensive and then buy it anyway. It's called hypocritical.

I was on a site last week (can't remember which one unfortunately) that was trying to temper the hype around Ryzen 2 and saying it expected the IPC gains to be between 5-10% not the 25% being touted. The 25% was in a specific business application and not gaming but people's expectation levels went up a few notches. TBH I don't think many people who own a Zen+ 2xxx will need to upgrade to a Zen 2 but if they own a 1xxx Ryzen I'm sure it will be a worthwhile upgrade. Just my 2c's
most of the leaks I have seen say 15% IPC

but faster clocks

i'm sure the 12 core will be a nice upgrade from my 1800x

and the 1800x is going out in the shed for a bike trainer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...N1ABGEDW&psc=1

https://www.cycleops.com/virtualtraining/overview

…...
and I can bitch about price all I want and still buy it

It's called being 60 and single with no rugrats i'm not going to leave anything for anybody

Last edited by bill dennison : Yesterday at 03:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #41
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
It's called being 60 and single with no rugrats i'm not going to leave anything for anybody
Smart man!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #42
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/sa...-amd-navi.html

Not a good sign. $499 and competes with a 2070 at initial launch.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #43
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Stupid pricing on AMD’s part for Navi if true, if the 2 camps are going to be this close in pricing then you are going to go with Nvidia, makes me worry that they may charge a premium for zen 2 as well. They seem to not want to gain market share.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #44
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

That article suggests it will be sitting between 2070 and 2080 so I'd expect the pricing to be about right for AMD.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #45
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

I don’t necessarily agree with the pricing strategy but I think I understand why they’re not trying to undercut on price out of the gate. My in laws ran a craft distillery for about 10 years and they had more success selling at a high price than a competitive price. Some consumers assume that if you are selling at a discount from the major brand then you must be offering less. If you are viewed as an off brand with a cheaper product then it is assumed that the product is inferior in some way rather than being a good, competitive deal.
aRandomRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #46
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

499$ is what happens when one gpu maker goes nuts and pushes prices too high so the only other gpu maker can up its own prices...

500$ the new mid range...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #47
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://info.oswaltlawgroup.com/pers...waAoVmEALw_wcB

it only hurts for a few months

………

but i am afraid you are right

prices are not going back down even when AMD gets a top card
Old Today, 01:33 AM   #48
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
499$ is what happens when one gpu maker goes nuts and pushes prices too high so the only other gpu maker can up its own prices...

500$ the new mid range...
Oh yeah it’s somehow NVs fault
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:14 AM   #49
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Oh yeah it’s somehow NVs fault
well they did break a grand first on a standard top end Ti card with a standard normal 30% increase over the old Ti
going from 699 to 1199 is almost a scorched earth policy

yes it is ****in NVidia fault .

they are being the flaming ****in dickweeds that they are and always have been

and because of AMD's lack of a card right now and the last 3 years they are getting away with it

for now but people will remember and if Intel or when AMD comes back with something good they will lose market share

remember this
Quote:
AMD not ready for MCM on Radeon, will skip Navi GPU archRadeon isn't ready for multi-chip modules just yet, too much PS5 inside of Navi so we'll wait for next-gen
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/62244...rch/index.html

once they dump this GCN for whatever is next
and if they get that glue working it should be fun

Last edited by bill dennison : Today at 02:24 AM.
Old Today, 03:20 AM   #50
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It’s the lack of competition that allows them to charge what they think the market can handle. Apparently there are enough people that don’t care to pay more than the normal price increase for the normal performance increase. Not for nothing but the fact you went and paid for it ruins any standing you have. It is what it is. If I had the money I’d purchase one too because **** it, who cares about principle, but at the end of the day NV is a company to make profit. AMD would do the same thing if they had a complete stranglehold on the high-end market.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #51
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I don't know...2080 Ti is so overpriced an offered such a lackluster performance improvement that it's almost not worth it even if money is no object. I went ahead and got one because I saw one on Ebay for a "decent" price after Ebay Bucks cash back.

The truth is I'll never miss the money, but I still I don't feel like it's really done much for me. Then again, I play a lot of older games which makes it even more retarded. The card was a real champ running Dragon Age: Origins!!! Technically it's supposed to go to my VR box, and my 1080 Ti comes out to my main PC, so the purchase was not as absolutely stupid as it sounds. But my VR performance wasn't really bad, so...

The whole card is really just meh because it doesn't add much performance over 2 year old 1080 Ti. The increase in performance was at the edge of what would even justify selling the part (if it had been any lower there wouldn't have been any point to even release it). And RTX is basically of no real use right now, with only a few games having it, which you'll just blow through unless you're planning to play BF5 for hundreds of hours. Then on top of that, the difference in appearance vs the performance hit makes it debatable whether it's even worth it in many cases. And upscale filter DLSS.

Anyway, unlike the guys trying to justify their purchase, I won't even bother sugar coating it: The 2080 Ti was barely worth a buy in my book. On the plus side, I guess it beats just lighting hundred dollar bills on fire.

Last edited by Nagorak : Today at 04:18 AM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09 AM   #52
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It’s the lack of competition that allows them to charge what they think the market can handle. Apparently there are enough people that don’t care to pay more than the normal price increase for the normal performance increase. Not for nothing but the fact you went and paid for it ruins any standing you have. It is what it is. If I had the money I’d purchase one too because **** it, who cares about principle, but at the end of the day NV is a company to make profit. AMD would do the same thing if they had a complete stranglehold on the high-end market.
I don't think they would go neer as far as nv has

but we will see in a week on the cpu side maybe in 3000 pricing
Old Today, 06:58 AM   #53
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post

Totally right guys. Nv only charged such prices due to lack of competition. Secondly, 2080ti is barely worth upgrading to at 1080ti launch price, let alone this stupid increase.

Bill, you are the problem that allows Nv to justify raising prices.

Fist bump to KAC for not selling out this gen - word up dawg.
Old Today, 08:30 AM   #54
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Bill, you are the problem that allows Nv to justify raising prices.

Fist bump to KAC for not selling out this gen - word up dawg.
Bill was late to the 2080Ti party, others bought way before he did as he was holding out for Asus.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:32 AM   #55
demo
space cadet

Even worse.

BTW Strix isn't even an 'A' chip [unless you have the advance model]. Better off with reference.
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #56
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Even worse.

BTW Strix isn't even an 'A' chip [unless you have the advance model]. Better off with reference.
my strix oc is doing just fine and is a A chip

and the Strix has much better cooling (not needing water like a reference ) and less likely to have coil whine

as for me justify raising prices

they have had low RTX sales with the higher prices and their stock is down
it has been 9 months and no price drop and is not going to happen .

the next one will be the same price .

but go ahead and wait till hell freezes over and never upgrade
Old Today, 11:56 AM   #57
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
AMD Zen 2 5GHz 12 Core, 4.3GHz 16 Core CPUs Leaked & Benchmarked
Quote:
In fact, it takes a core i9 7960X overclocked to nearly 4.8 GHz to match the leaked 16 Core Ryzen 3000 chip at 4.2 GHz.

https://wccftech.com/amd-zen-2-5ghz-...d-benchmarked/
Old Today, 12:11 PM   #58
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I really hope that all of these 4.6ghz+ rumors are true.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #59
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

At this rate I dont think Intel can or will want to do anything about pricing either. They will up their prices as well as amd to follow Nvidia. We need another big 4rth gpu maker to come in and put real pressure on prices.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Today, 12:16 PM   #60
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Over 50% faster than a TR 1950x?

Seems a bit much...

www.realitysandwich.com