Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 24, 2019, 02:10 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Honestly I think it's time for the rebellion to build their own deathstar. This one will be even bigger, and be able to destroy 100 planets from any distance. Sometimes you have to play dirty. maybe they can recruit some dark jedi too.
Brilliant idea! This time it could be an actual star instead of a dinky planet or non-moon. It would be full of midichlorians and shoot those little sailors at planets so the Force could impregnate trillions of women at a time. It could be called "Star Wars: The Force Reproduces".
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2019, 02:22 PM   #62
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Honestly I think it's time for the rebellion to build their own deathstar. This one will be even bigger, and be able to destroy 100 planets from any distance. Sometimes you have to play dirty. maybe they can recruit some dark jedi too.
you can buy one at hallmark

nothing says Christmas like a death star
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:42 PM   #63
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Stay on target!...stay on target!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 20, 2019, 09:01 PM   #64
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 09:27 PM   #65
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

how did stormtroopers get a batcycles
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:35 PM   #66
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

First time I've ever had to say this, but I'm going to wait to read reviews before I pay $$ to see the new star wars movie.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:50 PM   #67
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
First time I've ever had to say this, but I'm going to wait to read reviews before I pay $$ to see the new star wars movie.
I pre-order tickets for the 21st weeks ago

if you don't it well be full for weeks of spoilers everywhere even in the reviews
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:29 PM   #68
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
No spoilers ahead:

Since I'm not going to watch it, I've been listening to all kinds of videos about leaked endings (there are multiple rumored to have been filmed). They go from lame to eye-rollingingly horrible.

Concerning the worst of them all, I hope they actually go with that ending, because I would wait until it hits D+, then zip to the ending just to see it actually happen.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:04 AM   #69
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:02 AM   #70
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
how did stormtroopers get a batcycles
Warner Bros did put out the Clone Wars movie if I recall correctly. And they own the Batman rights so it all makes perfect sense to Kennedy.

It all just gets worse and worse. JJ can't help but rip off other peoples stuff for his movies. The older he gets the more he rips off.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:04 PM   #71
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The bikes look stupid, but not as stupid as riding horses on star destroyers?

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2019, 02:50 PM   #72
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
The bikes look stupid, but not as stupid as riding horses on star destroyers?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2019, 08:57 PM   #73
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
You do not remember saying that after TLJ?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:35 AM   #74
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

If you guys are at all unhappy with the direction Star Wars has been going the last number of years, vote with your wallets. Give your money to an actual quality cause: like the new Charlie’s Angels movie or the Republican Party.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:14 AM   #75
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why go into PR in a Star Wars thread man? O_o
Old Nov 23, 2019, 09:26 PM   #76
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Why go into PR in a Star Wars thread man? O_o
This.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:15 PM   #77
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Nov 25, 2019, 01:23 PM   #78
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
You do not remember saying that after TLJ?
Yup. I learned hard and fast after seeing the first of the prequels back in the 90's.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2019, 09:56 AM   #79
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Looks like one of our banks IT vendor suitors wants to take me to the Star Wars movie for free and stuff my face with free food and such before hand. This makes it so I can see he movie as I did not want to actually pay for it. But still not sure I want to pay the gas money, so I may need to do a Patron or something to cover that. lol
Old Nov 27, 2019, 07:25 PM   #80
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I didn't like TFA or TLJ but I'll probably see this in the first week just so I don't have to dance around spoilers for months. Maybe it won't be as bad as the others.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:29 PM   #81
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I didn't like TFA or TLJ but I'll probably see this in the first week just so I don't have to dance around spoilers for months. Maybe it won't be as bad as the others.
At this point I'm pretty confident that the surprises are going to be stupid, so I'm not too worried about spoilers.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:05 AM   #82
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

the leaks don't paint a pretty picture. it seems just as bad, if not worse than TLJ
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:07 AM   #83
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

JJ/Kennedy Wars is some sort of mutant outcast that should have been banished to the Outer Rim. But hey, maybe the next one will be worth watching. Hoping they subvert expectations by having Captain Phasma come back to kill off the main characters two minutes into the film... with Luke's blue-milk-drinking force ghost laughing uncontrollably for the next two hours.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:41 AM   #84
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
JJ/Kennedy Wars is some sort of mutant outcast that should have been banished to the Outer Rim. But hey, maybe the next one will be worth watching. Hoping they subvert expectations by having Captain Phasma come back to kill off the main characters two minutes into the film... with Luke's blue-milk-drinking force ghost laughing uncontrollably for the next two hours.
Sounds better than the actual rumors.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:41 AM   #85
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

They de-canonized the expanded universe. Maybe they can de-canonize the new trilogy and re-canonize the expanded universe again? I'd love to see them do the Thrawn trilogy. It's easy to do, if they throw in a JJ Abrams time-travel gimmick.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Dec 2, 2019, 04:21 PM   #86
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Just in time to get you all pumped up for the most epic pop culture event of our time!!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 09:24 PM   #87
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Bought tickets for opening night but I am not keeping my hopes up.

The trailer looks terrible. Characters still seem as one dimensional and boring as ever. Not the least bit endearing like the original trio.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:55 AM   #88
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
The trailer looks terrible. Characters still seem as one dimensional and boring as ever. Not the least bit endearing like the original trio.
agreed. hopefully people are able to vote with their wallets and show disney how much they f*cked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Bought tickets for opening night
Old Dec 3, 2019, 03:28 AM   #89
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

I paid for TFA and Rogue One... barely got my money's worth in the latter... had a bad feeling on TLJ and didn't bother... I feel the force protected me from the brainwashing...

The recent ep 4 on Mandalorian tells me that Disney has an agenda that should not be supported... bad writers, bad plots... they make Jar Jar Binks worthy of best actor lifetime achievement award. Seriously... meeesa tinkin yousa in big doo doo Disney brrrrrrrrrrrrrr meh

"Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
If anything there's just still too many guilible people in the fanbase willing to accept this garbage star wars disney/Kennedy edition."

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxcT6LEVzk Disney Star Wars SUCKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2019, 06:32 AM   #90
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

Quote:
They de-canonized the expanded universe. Maybe they can de-canonize the new trilogy and re-canonize the expanded universe again? I'd love to see them do the Thrawn trilogy. It's easy to do, if they throw in a JJ Abrams time-travel gimmick.
If they can de-canonize 30 years of work, they might as well just de-canonize the Original Trilogy. That's so crass and non-sensical it defies comprehension.

"See this big building, this library? Neat, isn't it?"

* torches building *

"Let me tell you a super-amazing story...!"

* hands out cheap give-away promo comic book *