Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:04 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Watched the first episode last night. So far I find it more engaging than Altered Carbon, but it's because this type of show is more my style.
I'm curious to see how much you like it after a few more episodes. I got to ep 4 and decided it wasn't something I wanted to waste further time on.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 01:58 PM   #92
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
were you sober?
Probably not. That kid makes me want to shoot the director.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 04:45 PM   #93
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Watched the first episode last night. So far I find it more engaging than Altered Carbon, but it's because this type of show is more my style.
Yep, I made it through Altered Carbon, but I would say I like this one better. I wouldn't say its the best show on TV or anything but its very watchable scfi.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:40 PM   #94
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Like all Netflix Originals gotta say it's a great show but the acting... OMG stiff galore.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 07:37 AM   #95
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

We finished it up last night. It has it's bad moments and some decent ones. I thought the robot was well done, and PP plays the really scummy psycho really well. All in all, we've seen worse.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 07:59 AM   #96
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I gave the next episode a go because my wife wanted to. I swear this show should be called "A Series of Unfortunate Events...In Space".
Old Apr 20, 2018, 09:38 AM   #97
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I gave the next episode a go because my wife wanted to. I swear this show should be called "A Series of Unfortunate Events...In Space".
Yep lol.

Crisis Junkies R Us
Old Apr 20, 2018, 09:42 AM   #98
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I agree with everyone saying the show has too many crisis situations, and honestly...the science in the show bugs me a bit.

However, when I push a lot of that logical stuff aside and just relax and watch it for entertainment...well, it was a fun show and I really enjoyed it. I blitzed through all the Episodes and now can't wait for Season 2.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 09:45 AM   #99
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I agree with everyone saying the show has too many crisis situations, and honestly...the science in the show bugs me a bit.

However, when I push a lot of that logical stuff aside and just relax and watch it for entertainment...well, it was a fun show and I really enjoyed it. I blitzed through all the Episodes and now can't wait for Season 2.
I want to see where they go with this whole new story arc around the robot. It adds a lot to the basic premise imo. And he looks badass in battle mode. I wouldn't mind having a friend like that
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:34 AM   #100
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm assuming most of you here never watched the original show? It was basically the same, almost like Star Trek... each episode was some "thing" they had to figure out and move on.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:40 AM   #101
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I'm assuming most of you here never watched the original show? It was basically the same, almost like Star Trek... each episode was some "thing" they had to figure out and move on.
It's shinier and prettier now though

I think I've seen every episode. I was a child when that first aired, and we had our TV for only a year or so at the time. Very cool stuff back then. I think I went into this hoping for a bit of that nostalgic feeling, but it's too different. The time/being jaded to special effects etc.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:53 PM   #102
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I'm curious to see how much you like it after a few more episodes. I got to ep 4 and decided it wasn't something I wanted to waste further time on.
Watched the second episode and my family is now hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
It's shinier and prettier now though

I think I've seen every episode. I was a child when that first aired, and we had our TV for only a year or so at the time. Very cool stuff back then. I think I went into this hoping for a bit of that nostalgic feeling, but it's too different. The time/being jaded to special effects etc.
It seems to have a similar feeling to me, but just with a bit less corny scenarios than the first one. As with time, this one seems more 'intense' rather than the light hearted scenarios the original series had (which is a good thing IMO, as that seems the norm for the times).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 02:03 PM   #103
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Watched the second episode and my family is now hooked.

It seems to have a similar feeling to me, but just with a bit less corny scenarios than the first one. As with time, this one seems more 'intense' rather than the light hearted scenarios the original series had (which is a good thing IMO, as that seems the norm for the times).
True. I also had the feeling the cast, for whatever reason, were struggling to find their niche, so to speak. That my settle down quite a bit by the next season.

I have mixed feelings about it after seeing the whole season, which is up from what I started with as some of the later episodes were a good deal more solid than the beginning. Still pretty flawed, but much more watchable.

I'll be optimistic and hope the next season is a good deal better still.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:39 AM   #104
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

let's just hope the next re-made tv-series isn't something like Space Rangers

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:51 AM   #105
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I have fond memories of the original LiS, mainly because it reminds me of my childhood. Like most TV shows, they didn't age well, but there is still a huge nostalgia effect. This Netflix show has almost nothing in common with the TV show besides the character and ship names. I probably would enjoy it more if it wasn't an attempted reboot. Then again, most of the characters suck...so meh.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 02:43 PM   #106
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I have fond memories of the original LiS, mainly because it reminds me of my childhood. Like most TV shows, they didn't age well, but there is still a huge nostalgia effect. This Netflix show has almost nothing in common with the TV show besides the character and ship names. I probably would enjoy it more if it wasn't an attempted reboot. Then again, most of the characters suck...so meh.
Has more in common with the movie than the TV show, IMHO.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2018, 01:09 AM   #107
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This shite any good?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2018, 03:23 AM   #108
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
This shite any good?
no not really, if you really like sci-fi it's okay, if you don't really like sci-fi then I think you will hate it...

my biggest issue with the show is there are too many forced or contrived life/death against the clock issues (about 2 or 3 per every single episode), with annoying escalating music. I swear they used the music from the last few Jurassic park movies whenever they are super close to dieing (or is it dying)... oh, but then they get saved last second... again... and again... and again...

if they killed off some main characters it would make it a lot better or if they just decided to have some episodes more cerebral where they have to think their way through some issue, this would also improve the show immensely for me...

Anyways, just my 2 cents, if you like sci-fi there's a ton of older stuff out there that is much better (i.e. Firefly, Space above and Beyond, Battlestar, Baylon 5, Farscape, Trek ...etc

V
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2018, 05:01 AM   #109
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Has more in common with the movie than the TV show, IMHO.
The shallow characters, bad acting

The movie was a crushing disappointment for me. Way worse than this imo.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:20 AM   #110
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Anyways, just my 2 cents, if you like sci-fi there's a ton of older stuff out there that is much better (i.e. Firefly, Space above and Beyond, Battlestar Galactica, Baylon 5, Farscape
hell, yes... or Earth2...

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:49 PM   #111
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
hell, yes... or Earth2...
hmm, I forgot about that show, will watch it next... thanks...
Old Apr 25, 2018, 01:35 PM   #112
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thanks for saving my valuable time.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2018, 02:14 PM   #113
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thanks for saving my valuable time.
anything for gays...
Old Apr 27, 2018, 04:30 AM   #114
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
hmm, I forgot about that show, will watch it next... thanks...
i still remember hoping they would resume that awesome show, but alas...no chance....

Old May 30, 2018, 11:59 PM   #115
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

So, only 3 episodes in....are they ever going to address that one of the daughters is black? Or did a miss something in the previous episodes? Or is this gonna be some SJW BS where they force you to just accept it without explaining why?

Also, why is that idiot mom against guns? They're lost in space, on an unknown planet, with unknown dangers. And she's against printing weapons? What is she stupid?

I'm going to stop watching further in if it gets any worse. Like they're trying to force feed a family drama with social issues.....that just happens to be set in space.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 12:14 AM   #116
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
So, only 3 episodes in....are they ever going to address that one of the daughters is black?

Old May 31, 2018, 08:23 AM   #117
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
So, only 3 episodes in....are they ever going to address that one of the daughters is black? Or did a miss something in the previous episodes? Or is this gonna be some SJW BS where they force you to just accept it without explaining why?

Also, why is that idiot mom against guns? They're lost in space, on an unknown planet, with unknown dangers. And she's against printing weapons? What is she stupid?

I'm going to stop watching further in if it gets any worse. Like they're trying to force feed a family drama with social issues.....that just happens to be set in space.
I gave up after 3 episodes. The contrived danger and last-second rescues made me too often. I didn't care whether any of the characters lived or died.
Old May 31, 2018, 09:20 AM   #118
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

I haven't gotten through the complete series (I don't have a ton of time for TV, so it takes me a while to get through the episodes), but I personally like it. I could see how it might annoy people who can binge episodes back to back. However, in the sense of what it is, it does embody the original series fairly well. The original series was similar in which each episode had some "problem" or "issue" to overcome. Not much different than Star Trek from that aspect.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 05:03 PM   #119
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Finished up the series and enjoyed it. Sounds like there wasn't much original faith in the reboot as the Second Season was only semi-recently announced so it's probably a year away.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:24 AM   #120
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I gave up after 3 episodes. The contrived danger and last-second rescues made me too often. I didn't care whether any of the characters lived or died.
I felt the same way after the first 3 episodes. For whatever reason I forced myself to watch the whole thing, and believe it or not it actually gets better, specifically the last few episodes.

I don't think the later "better" episodes make up for the early crap episodes, but hopefully the writers learn from their mistakes for season two.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote