Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 17, 2017, 07:34 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2017, 08:48 PM   #182
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
So does anyone know what was up with the evil water spout thing?

Sorry, but narratively speaking, this movie was horseshit.
Its similar to the dark trees where Luke is training in Dagobah. Some areas are strong with dark side of the Force. Yeah the movie dont explain stuff like that
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:11 PM   #183
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:14 PM   #184
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nothing makes sense in the movie. Trying to explain it is futile.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 01:02 AM   #185
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Directing isn't Lucas' major forte. I get that.

To me it's sticking to a central theme, making a believable/virtually palpable world + coherent plot + thoroughly understanding the concepts of the force that makes Lucas all that special.

To me it's as though Disney is content in making Star Wars a shallow cash grab like Marvel movies of late.

If they are to throw the Skywalker legacy (which have been the central focus of the series for a while now) under the bus they should have at least given the audience a good reason for this. Thus why I am praying they'd somehow make Rey a Skywalker. Otherwise, if they just threw her out there as the main protagonist and expect Star Wars fans to like her... that's just bad planning. You need to convince the viewer to like her character. From what I've read so far they're failing miserably at that.

And no, if you guys are wondering I don't give a darn if Rey is female. Mara Jade was and forever will be one of the my favorite Jedis of all time. For Christ's sakes at least give in the effort to make her character more 3-dimensional.

Last edited by Chuck : Dec 18, 2017 at 01:14 AM.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 01:22 AM   #186
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought it was a decent movie. 7-8/10.. I liked it more than the force awakens or whatever it was called.

I am not the biggest Star Wars fan but I like good quality sci fi / fantasy movies. And those are far and few between.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 01:29 AM   #187
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post

Thats disturbing as **** lol...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 07:58 AM   #188
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Better than Force Awakens, and the newer trilogy.
Better than original? In some ways here and there, and worse in others.

On a whole, I enjoyed it. I say that as a fan of the original trilogy and even the expanded universe.

Probably 7-8/10

also, I love that the grey jedi....
Wound up being Yoda, rocking the force lightning!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Last edited by A2597 : Dec 18, 2017 at 08:57 AM.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:34 AM   #189
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Movie tried to hard to not take itself to seriously then take itself serious. tried to hard to be a kids movie then be hard core with gore. Basically director had no idea what to so he tried to do it all and hoped for the best. He took both Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi and rammed it into one sub par movie which is what Abrams seems to do best these days. Do what others did better, again only worse.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:53 AM   #190
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Movie wasn't made by Abrams. It was by Johnson.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:02 AM   #191
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Movie tried to hard to not take itself to seriously then take itself serious. tried to hard to be a kids movie then be hard core with gore. Basically director had no idea what to so he tried to do it all and hoped for the best. He took both Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi and rammed it into one sub par movie which is what Abrams seems to do best these days. Do what others did better, again only worse.
They could have easily made this two movies, instead they tried to cram 10lbs of **** into a 5lb bag. The movie was densely packed full of subpar crap.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:08 AM   #192
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Movie wasn't made by Abrams. It was by Johnson.
Believe it was produced by Abrams though.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 06:29 PM   #193
LlamaSmurf
Radeon R300

LlamaSmurf is still being judged by the masses

Rant with spoilers
LlamaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 06:33 PM   #194
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
Its similar to the dark trees where Luke is training in Dagobah. Some areas are strong with dark side of the Force. Yeah the movie dont explain stuff like that
So, why did Luke set it up to make it sound like the dark hole water spout portal thing was just darkness and get upset when Rey went right towards it? He went through something similar, where he was tested by a vision of who he could become. Rey senses the same test and he freaks out? I don't recall Yoda being upset when he went through that trial.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 07:10 PM   #195
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaSmurf View Post
Rant with spoilers
Agree 100% with everything in the rant.

TLJ made Phantom Menace look like Shakespeare.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 07:13 PM   #196
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaSmurf View Post
Rant with spoilers
Completely agree with everything he said, it seems that today we are demanded to turn of our brains when we go to cinema, because if we racionalize even a bit of any blockbuster film they totally fall apart.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 07:20 PM   #197
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Sorry if this is kinda off topic but I kinda resent how long running franchises we grew up with are handled as a whole. You do not make new stars likeable by making legends look weak. When are they gonna get that through their thick skulls? That’s just lazy writing.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 07:32 PM   #198
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Blade Runner 2049 turned out pretty awesome.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 07:52 PM   #199
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

If detractors agree with the rant posted higher up, it explains a lot...

Only taking the bombing run, when I saw the ships "lobbing" projectiles to the
resistance ship, I assumed, correctly, that a planet was nearby, which made scene
for the gravity based bombing ships, because they were close enough.
However, you cant point this out yet because escaping to the planet is a plot device...

I could dissect all the points one by one but it does not matter because reasons...
Old Dec 18, 2017, 08:30 PM   #200
KAC
That postcount though...

You are trying too hard to explain this movie. This was fast and furious Star Wars. Nothing makes sense. Saying things are a plot device does not mean that you use them for stupidity.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 09:07 PM   #201
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

SW TLJ 7-10.

Not as bad or as good as I thought it would be if that makes any sense. Pacing was off but I honestly didnt think anything was illogical or outside the lore of the SW universe.

I would have handled one aspect better with the whole tracking the rebel fleet issue... Id have them jump until the gas tank was empty with some firefights at every jump... not this slow pursuit but other than that I thought it was ok.

Do need to see it a second time as buddy who was with me on his second viewing and it went a lot better for him this time around.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 09:14 PM   #202
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

saw it again liked it more
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 09:46 PM   #203
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Movie sucked. It's as simple as that. If you liked it, yay for you, but still sucked. Even Leia turned Mary Poppins in space
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:50 PM   #204
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
So, why did Luke set it up to make it sound like the dark hole water spout portal thing was just darkness and get upset when Rey went right towards it? He went through something similar, where he was tested by a vision of who he could become. Rey senses the same test and he freaks out? I don't recall Yoda being upset when he went through that trial.
Yoda ghost still calls Luke 'Young Skywalker' I think that somehow reflect to him as still learning thus leading him to get upset during the scene. Being solitary and delusional from what he done to Ben Solo could also be another factor.

I still dont like how he as an iconic Jedi Master being potrayed with such ridiculous dialogue and act, even Mark himself tell so
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:02 AM   #205
KAC
That postcount though...

So you are saying Young Skywalker dies young?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 01:50 AM   #206
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
So you are saying Young Skywalker dies young?
Yoda died at age 900 so yeah

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 02:54 AM   #207
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...tomatoes-score

Those saying the movie was a 0 or. 5 are being ridiculous.
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Last edited by GravY : Dec 19, 2017 at 03:17 AM.
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2017, 03:18 AM   #208
KAC
That postcount though...

Trying too hard to explain nonsense.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 03:55 AM   #209
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced they should've started the new trilogy in an era where ALL characters in the known Star Wars universe are dead from the beginning. Gives it plenty of more room for character development and expanding the universe without gaping plot-holes and potential moments where your childhood heroes die on-screen for no particularly good reason (yes, it's indeed heartbreaking).

Regardless, I'd stop bitching now.

..until I watch the movie this Friday. Still convinced I'd not be in love with it like I was with Force Awakens but we'd see.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 04:06 AM   #210
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Trying too hard to explain nonsense.
And you gave it 8/10 right?

Weren't you a hater of TFA because it was ANH clone? TLJ takes a different path and pushes characters out of what people think they are or should be.

Was it all good? Nope. But if you put your thinking cap on and attempt to think of what and why, you might start to understand what Johnson was aiming to do.

I'm not sure why I posted anything in here. Not wanting to get into and endless battle over this.

That article was pretty spot on.

Enjoy yourselves
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote