Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 24, 2019, 05:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default UFO Hunter Tom DeLonge's Agency Signs Contract With U.S. Army

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/blogs/so...0UZ_m1S0sFU-9A

Quote:
Never thought I'd write this sentence but it's 2019 and here we are: Tom DeLonge, founding Blink-182 member and the band's former co-frontman, might just be the world's preeminent voice on unidentified flying objects and alien technology now.

In 2015, DeLonge (who also masterminds the pop/rock group Angels & Airwaves) founded To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences (TTSA), an organization established to pursue research into UFOs and extraterrestrial existence. At first glance, it seemed like DeLonge was just diving headfirst into harebrained conspiracy theories and perhaps obliging his longtime UFO obsession a little too much.

However, as more and more headlines poured out over the last four years (and more insight was gained into what, exactly, TTSA aims to do) DeLonge and Co. have now legitimately silenced any doubters.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2019, 07:08 PM   #2
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I thought off the bat they were hiring them for some PR work. But this:

Quote:
The latest news out of the bizarro DeLonge world we now live in is another mindblower: On Oct. 17, DeLonge and TTSA announced a partnership with the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) to research and "advance TTSA's materiel and technology innovations in order to develop enhanced capabilities for Army ground vehicles."

The newly-signed agreement — a "Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA)" — states that the U.S. Army researchers will work alongside TTSA's crew for five years to further study and research the organization's materials ("alien alloys," etc.) and otherworldly technology they've already been conducting tests on. The agreement has been published in full by TheBlackVault.com and is viewable online here.

"TTSA's technology solutions, which leverage developments in material science, space-time metric engineering, quantum physics, beamed energy propulsion, and active camouflage, have the potential to enhance survivability and effectiveness of multiple Army systems," an official TTSA news release read. "TTSA will share its discoveries with Ground Vehicle System Center (GVSC) and Ground Vehicle Survivability and Protection (GVSP) and the U.S. Army shall provide laboratories, expertise, support, and resources to help characterize the technologies and its applications."
Really?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2019, 08:51 PM   #3
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2019, 12:22 AM   #4
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Oct 26, 2019, 01:44 AM   #5
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Sounds more like they're just paying a bit of money to look at all the random crap they collected that could be either US or Russian (or another country). Good way to get access to a lot of stuff without doing much work.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2019, 01:58 AM   #6
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

WTF

Quote:
To the Stars claims to have “acquired, designed, or produced” these materials, which can offer an array of futuristic modifications like active camouflage, beamed energy propulsion, inertial mass reduction, and quantum communication.

Details on how or where DeLonge’s company acquired these materials were not provided.

“TTSA has acquired material from various sources and does not comment on the specifics of each sample,” Kari DeLonge, TTSA chief content officer and Tom’s sister, told Vice’s Motherboard.

The Army will make a $750,000 commitment to TTSA research as part of the five-year collaboration.
I remember Delong saying this was some of the reasons why they formed this company. I just thought they meant as in some hypothetical future acquisition which to me at the time was basically pie in the sky trying to sell the idea to not too savvy investors.

Guess the army is in that camp or they really did find something tangible.

To The Stars Academy is one of those things that wouldnt make it past the first script in a sequel to ET. Some of its claims seem B grade science fiction. If it wasnt for the people Delong has managed to recruit and that famous F18 video I wouldve spent more time going back to reading Mufon by now. But the list of high ranking officials hes recruited is beyond odd... kind of gets me thinking they know something more than what they've told us so far.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org

Last edited by pax : Oct 26, 2019 at 02:20 AM.
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2019, 02:25 PM   #7
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Sounds more like they're just paying a bit of money to look at all the random crap they collected that could be either US or Russian (or another country). Good way to get access to a lot of stuff without doing much work.
The Army usually doesn't waste money on things like this. I mean it's not like they'd just take their word for it sight unseen. You would imagine they would send people/brass to take a preliminary look to see if there was any merit and go from that.

A contract would seem to indicate that something piqued their interest enough to justify making it formal and in writing. Have to wonder why the army wouldn't just take it at that point if it was what's written on the tin so to speak.

Old Oct 26, 2019, 05:06 PM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

He talks about the stuff his company was working on during Joe Rogans podcast. Still think its all bullshit though.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote