Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:10 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Since you guys are smarter than me at this, how fast can these chips get before they run so hot it's not feasible anymore?

I don't think I'm asking the question right, but it's obvious it can't be cooled with a fan, so there has to be a point that increases speed is no longer a benefit.
That changes every time they make the process smaller, and if they make the die larger, then that changes it as well.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:37 AM   #152
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

with how much faster the iPhone X is they can really artificially slow down the 7+
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2017, 01:32 PM   #153
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
The biggest take away from that chart is that Macbook pro is a total rip of slab of garbage. I do have a macbook pro btw the acutal quad core one, not the gimped dual core. Like I've sad before the chip is quick but running ios in it's current form is pointless. Just look at the iphone 8 reviews out today vs a 7plus in terms of perceived speed. With the 6s still being sold in the line up, this kind of chip performance just screams that the iphone 8 will be in the apple store in 2021.

I will be getting 2 xs btw as my wife is an itard and after all it will be a good phone.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:08 PM   #154
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
The biggest take away from that chart is that Macbook pro is a total rip of slab of garbage. I do have a macbook pro btw the acutal quad core one, not the gimped dual core. Like I've sad before the chip is quick but running ios in it's current form is pointless. Just look at the iphone 8 reviews out today vs a 7plus in terms of perceived speed. With the 6s still being sold in the line up, this kind of chip performance just screams that the iphone 8 will be in the apple store in 2021.

I will be getting 2 xs btw as my wife is an itard and after all it will be a good phone.
Ya. apple needs to compete with the high end to low end phones. This current line up offers a great phone at any price range. My 6S Plus from 2 years ago still smokes the S8 that came out this year in single core performance.

My life is dope and I do dope sht.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 03:52 AM   #155
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Im not really familiar with iOS, I have one question. With all those SoC power with multicore does iOS allows multitasking? Like multiwindows one apps with another? Watching videos on one side while browser on the other?
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 05:56 AM   #156
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 08:19 AM   #157
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
Im not really familiar with iOS, I have one question. With all those SoC power with multicore does iOS allows multitasking? Like multiwindows one apps with another? Watching videos on one side while browser on the other?
On the iPad.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 08:20 AM   #158
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
snip

There is no competition
Sweet jesus.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 08:22 AM   #159
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

iOS 11 installed on my 6S Plus.

At first it was janky. The phone got hot as hell while updating.

Updated the apps since I waited until the OS was installed. Gave it like an hour and everything was buttery smooth. I guess it was re-indexing or something.

It feels faster than 10.3.

Impressive.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 08:43 AM   #160
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

ios11 has given my 6+ and air2 new life. Both are smooth as heck now and the new keyboard is pretty sweet. I may not get an iPad Pro after all....

Vernon Law
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 08:50 AM   #161
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Witty yet unoffensive, socially acceptable, politically correct, environmentally safe, non-GMO, vegan, unscented, hypoallergenic, free-range, cage-free, inclusive, diverse, gender-neutral and non-carcinogenic sig goes here.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 08:52 AM   #162
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
ios11 has given my 6+ and air2 new life. Both are smooth as heck now and the new keyboard is pretty sweet. I may not get an iPad Pro after all....
Today will be about battery life.

All iOS 11 did was prove I don't need the 8 Plus.

I just hope the battery holds up for another year.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 09:01 AM   #163
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Today will be about battery life.

All iOS 11 did was prove I don't need the 8 Plus.

I just hope the battery holds up for another year.
I’m fighting that upgrade bug too lol.

Vernon Law
Old Sep 20, 2017, 09:04 AM   #164
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

With the Verizon monthly plan I have, I can upgrade to a new iPhone every year, as long as the current one is 50% paid off. So I'm keeping my current monthly payment for my 7+ 256 and getting an 8+ 256. Kinda like leasing your phone, I guess, since if you keep upgrading every year you never pay anything off.
Witty yet unoffensive, socially acceptable, politically correct, environmentally safe, non-GMO, vegan, unscented, hypoallergenic, free-range, cage-free, inclusive, diverse, gender-neutral and non-carcinogenic sig goes here.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 09:08 AM   #165
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
With the Verizon monthly plan I have, I can upgrade to a new iPhone every year, as long as the current one is 50% paid off. So I'm keeping my current monthly payment for my 7+ 256 and getting an 8+ 256. Kinda like leasing your phone, I guess, since if you keep upgrading every year you never pay anything off.
I have the same option with T-mo’s jump plan. I just don’t need a third mortgage right now

Vernon Law
Old Sep 20, 2017, 09:52 AM   #166
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ya, having a hard time wrapping my mind around always having a payment for a phone. Somehow it shouldn't be like that.

Part of me thinks that Apple is charging a ridiculous amount for the X because they figure people can trade in their phones and the price isn't really that high after the trades. But who knows.

All I know is that the 8 is now $50 more expensive for the base model which seems absurd. But that A11 chip though.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:16 AM   #167
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Ya, having a hard time wrapping my mind around always having a payment for a phone. Somehow it shouldn't be like that.

Part of me thinks that Apple is charging a ridiculous amount for the X because they figure people can trade in their phones and the price isn't really that high after the trades. But who knows.

All I know is that the 8 is now $50 more expensive for the base model which seems absurd. But that A11 chip though.
Well it really depends on your usage. Are you doing the heavy tasks on that require that much heavy cpu usage. I don't game on my phone, I don't edit huge videos or convert videos. All those benchmarks don't mean crap for my usage. I use my phone to make calls text, take quick pics, and social media, read documents, make reminders and check email. NONE of those things require the processing power of the a11. I think that's what most people do with their phones at best. The only reason to move outta a iphone 7 is because you want a better form factor and an oled screen.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:33 AM   #168
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I want the OLED screen for sure but having the A11 doesnt hurt at all. I actually do all those things on my phone. I game pretty often on my phone(usually right before I go to bed, something like The Room is calming before I go to sleep) and I do edit videos slightly on my phone. DJI has an app for its drones where you can combine shots and add stuff to the video so I do that whenever I go shooting with my drone. Of course all that is on top of the regular stuff except the social media postings cause I dont do social media.

It also doesnt help to be future proof for whatever games or apps that come out the can take advantage of whatever power is there. Sort of like getting a 1080ti... sure I could do with a 970 or something but why not get the 1080ti?

As far as the price goes... its going to be par for the course going forward. As soon as Apple raises the prices and sells a ton Samsung will do the same. Lets see the price of the S9 and Note 9 when they hit... I guarantee a price hike is coming across the board. I read an article that said the OLED screen is costing Apple an arm and leg from Samsung so they raised the price of the X, but that doesnt explain the 50 dollar price hike across the board. Maybe they wanted to keep their margins up so they take the hit on the X OLED a bit and raise the price on their lower phones and they stay where they are on their margins without going down. Im assuming all of this but who knows?

Apple wouldnt sell nearly the same amount of phones if people had to come out of pocket for the phone on day 1. As far as the price raising hurting sales... it wont because of that reason. People are already paying monthly for their phones so whats an extra 5-10 bucks a month on top of that? Hypothetically if your phone bill was 100 bucks a month and it would make your bill 110 for the newest stuff most people would do that deal.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:36 AM   #169
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don't have a wifi connection to download the update
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:51 AM   #170
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I want the OLED screen for sure but having the A11 doesnt hurt at all. I actually do all those things on my phone. I game pretty often on my phone(usually right before I go to bed, something like The Room is calming before I go to sleep) and I do edit videos slightly on my phone. DJI has an app for its drones where you can combine shots and add stuff to the video so I do that whenever I go shooting with my drone. Of course all that is on top of the regular stuff except the social media postings cause I dont do social media.

It also doesnt help to be future proof for whatever games or apps that come out the can take advantage of whatever power is there. Sort of like getting a 1080ti... sure I could do with a 970 or something but why not get the 1080ti?

As far as the price goes... its going to be par for the course going forward. As soon as Apple raises the prices and sells a ton Samsung will do the same. Lets see the price of the S9 and Note 9 when they hit... I guarantee a price hike is coming across the board. I read an article that said the OLED screen is costing Apple an arm and leg from Samsung so they raised the price of the X, but that doesnt explain the 50 dollar price hike across the board. Maybe they wanted to keep their margins up so they take the hit on the X OLED a bit and raise the price on their lower phones and they stay where they are on their margins without going down. Im assuming all of this but who knows?

Apple wouldnt sell nearly the same amount of phones if people had to come out of pocket for the phone on day 1. As far as the price raising hurting sales... it wont because of that reason. People are already paying monthly for their phones so whats an extra 5-10 bucks a month on top of that? Hypothetically if your phone bill was 100 bucks a month and it would make your bill 110 for the newest stuff most people would do that deal.
The room 3 ran without lag on a iphone 6 lol. Yea maybe some future games might load a bit faster. Future proofing? Come on theres a new phone every year lol. As for comparing it to pc parts, its not much different you buy what you can actually use and what you can afford. That should be the guideline but that's been out the window. Yea the X definitely costs apple more to make and them margins need to remain cushy. The max brightness on the OLed for the x is troublesome. It's no where close to what the s series has been pumping out for the past 2 years I think. I wonder why that is.

The X imo is apples response to pressure from the market. They could of kept on making the iphone 6 many more generations but sales would eventually see a decline. You hold any android flagship these days then hold an 7 or 8 and it feels like your using something from 4-5 years ago , because you almost are.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:10 AM   #171
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
The room 3 ran without lag on a iphone 6 lol. Yea maybe some future games might load a bit faster. Future proofing? Come on theres a new phone every year lol. As for comparing it to pc parts, its not much different you buy what you can actually use and what you can afford. That should be the guideline but that's been out the window. Yea the X definitely costs apple more to make and them margins need to remain cushy. The max brightness on the OLed for the x is troublesome. It's no where close to what the s series has been pumping out for the past 2 years I think. I wonder why that is.

The X imo is apples response to pressure from the market. They could of kept on making the iphone 6 many more generations but sales would eventually see a decline. You hold any android flagship these days then hold an 7 or 8 and it feels like your using something from 4-5 years ago , because you almost are.
But the Room 4 is coming out soon Got to make sure my games runs at a nice smooth framerate(even though I have no control lol) The OLED will help a ton in that game.

Apple does have to move with the market and Im sure the X is a response. My brother has the S8 and it feels nice in hand and the screen is really nice. Once the 10 comes out it will be on par with Samsung in terms of screen and feel on the hardware side again. Im sure the glass they put on the new phones make them feel better in hand as well.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:50 AM   #172
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
But the Room 4 is coming out soon Got to make sure my games runs at a nice smooth framerate(even though I have no control lol) The OLED will help a ton in that game.

Apple does have to move with the market and Im sure the X is a response. My brother has the S8 and it feels nice in hand and the screen is really nice. Once the 10 comes out it will be on par with Samsung in terms of screen and feel on the hardware side again. Im sure the glass they put on the new phones make them feel better in hand as well.
Samsung will always be ahead in hardware (outside of the cpu/gpu) and in overall features. The s8/note8 were a safe play probably due to the whole note 7 thing. I know a few people in the samsung mobile division it's gonna be interesting.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:58 AM   #173
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Samsung will always be ahead in hardware (outside of the cpu/gpu) and in overall features. The s8/note8 were a safe play probably due to the whole note 7 thing. I know a few people in the samsung mobile division it's gonna be interesting.
You never know as Apple tries to move away from samsung parts and manufacturing they may be able to leapfrog them with the right partners. Apple invested in LG so they are definitely trying to get away from samsung oleds.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:14 PM   #174
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
You never know as Apple tries to move away from samsung parts and manufacturing they may be able to leapfrog them with the right partners. Apple invested in LG so they are definitely trying to get away from samsung oleds.
Until there's money to be made they won't. In apple's eyes they just need to maintain until they have to do something. It's somewhat brilliant what they can get away with. Take fast charging for example. You have to buy a lighting to usb c then buy a macbook charger lol? A 1000 dollar phone that doesn't even come with a charger that fast charges the phone when it's a feature of the phone.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:21 PM   #175
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Until there's money to be made they won't. In apple's eyes they just need to maintain until they have to do something. It's somewhat brilliant what they can get away with. Take fast charging for example. You have to buy a lighting to usb c then buy a macbook charger lol? A 1000 dollar phone that doesn't even come with a charger that fast charges the phone when it's a feature of the phone.
Nor natively plugs into a Macbook since they are all usb-c. STILL on basic USb speeds.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 04:55 PM   #176
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Nor natively plugs into a Macbook since they are all usb-c. STILL on basic USb speeds.
Still think this one is hilarious.

Old Sep 26, 2017, 08:31 AM   #177
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

iPhone X specs:

2716 mAh, 3GB RAM, 2.4GHz clock

That's 45% bigger battery than the iPhone 8, in a smaller casing. Wow.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/26...ry-3gb-of-ram/

Old Sep 26, 2017, 09:01 AM   #178
logical
What is my purpose?

Well at least theres some justification for the higher price tag. Samsung getting their money and these higher capacity batteries. If they could fit a higher capacity battery in a smaller size they should have just put thos batteries in the 8 and 8 plus too. I guess they didnt want the 8 and 8+ battery life to outshine the iPhone X.

Old Sep 26, 2017, 09:52 AM   #179
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Well at least theres some justification for the higher price tag. Samsung getting their money and these higher capacity batteries. If they could fit a higher capacity battery in a smaller size they should have just put thos batteries in the 8 and 8 plus too. I guess they didnt want the 8 and 8+ battery life to outshine the iPhone X.
But doesn't having OLED give it more room since LED has to have a layer for backlighting?

Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:37 AM   #180
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
But doesn't having OLED give it more room since LED has to have a layer for backlighting?
Im not sure of the internals. The phone itself is only slightly thicker so Im guessing they found other ways to make it fit.