Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:39 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
meh, not fun at all... uninstalled
You are too hard to please I guess. I do enjoy it however I'm not a huge mobile gamer so maybe I'm easily impressed.

Word Shaker

Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/d3p72on

Pretty fun word search game. You try to find letters you can string along to create words. The letters do not have to be in a straight line, but they do need to be in order (i.e. you have to be able to draw in a line). When you can't find any more words, shake your device and a new set of letters are provided. There is a free trial version available.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 03:46 AM   #92
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
You are too hard to please I guess. I do enjoy it however I'm not a huge mobile gamer so maybe I'm easily impressed.
no I just couldn't control the bike... lol...
Old Aug 8, 2012, 02:57 AM   #93
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Radiant Defence, pretty sweet tower defence game.
Has a setup phase where you can build with blocks (number of blocks based on the level, and given out per wave) to make your own lane.

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:37 PM   #94
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I can't get passed the third mission on radiant...

I think I lost too many lives and have to restart the mission.

I like how there is apparently no sell penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 03:33 AM   #95
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
I can't get passed the third mission on radiant...

I think I lost too many lives and have to restart the mission.

I like how there is apparently no sell penalty.
It is kinda hard, I´ve restarted entire missions from scratch several times now.
But it´s fairly easy to try a wave and restart it, so you can make sure you´re at the very minimum you need, and keep a big cash buffer.
Interest seems to cap on 500 (ie the 10% you get seems to max at 50).
But some waves are a ton harder then others depending how you built, so that buffer can be critical.
There seems to be a sell penalty, but I´ve seen stuff sell at full price so it may be if you sell it the same wave you place it you get full refund?

Great TD, I bought all the weapon packs just to support it since the game is free.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:31 AM   #96
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I found this amazing, fully free 3d tower defense game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...catsw.fourdays

no pay to upgrade your towers / acquire new towers or such nonsense...
Old Sep 6, 2012, 08:56 PM   #97
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

So I'm new to the Android thing but thought I'd share some of the games that I really like to play on my Galaxy S3 that I've had for a couple months now. FYI, my preference is for addicting, generally non-puzzle puzzle, quick to pickup and put down games.

Air Control (lite ver is free) - Really cool game where you have to land multiple airplanes similtaneously from a top down view with out them crashing.

Bike Race - Newer, really addicting game like the old school elastomania but a lot faster... This one is addictive folks.

Song Pop is hella fun to play with friends if y'all havent tried it yet. Basically you send challenges back and forth to each other. Points are awarded based on your ability to sucessfully name the artist or song when a random clip plays.

I also play freecell and solitare... there's a lot of versions out there so find one that you like but I thought I'd share that b/c sometimes a simple throwback can be very fun.

Cheers.

EDIT: Whoever suggested this stickman golf game is the boss.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD

Last edited by Tyler582 : Sep 6, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:15 PM   #98
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Big Win Soccer

Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/9x7yjmv

This is basically a card game. You don't physically play the game of soccer. You build a team, using cards, and then play matches against other teams. You earn gold and bucks for playing and then use those to get more cards. The cards are typically one of a few categories:

* Player
* Team single game enhancement
* Player upgrade
* New team outfit design
* Player contract

There are also levels to the cards like bronze, silver, gold and platinum. The players have various skills like an RPG game:

* Passing
* Run
* Defense
* Shot
* Reaction
* Hands
etc..

The players themselves only have a few slots for skills which can then be upgraded. The slots, like the cards, can only be upgraded by color. So if you have a forward with a "Shot" slot open, he can use a bronze card to upgrade. However, if there are more bronze cards available for "Shot" he cannot use them. He can then only upgrade his bronze "Shot" slot to a higher card (silver, gold or platinum). However, if you have more slots available, you can have more than one "Shot" slots.

The players have contracts. The contracts last X number of games before you need a card to renew them; however they have limited renewals before the player retires. You can use "bucks" to revive a retired player. When a player's contract expires, they can still play but their stats are cut in half. If a player gets injured, they can still play as well but their stats will be cut in half.

Sounds all good right? Well, here's where things break down. When you start a match, you can pick 3 "Game Cards" to use. You have no idea who you are matched against or what cards they are playing, which is fine. However, the actual results of the matches seem completely random. Your team will play like studs when playing better teams and lose to teams which by stats, you should demolish. Also, you can pay real money for gold/bucks so some of the teams will be extremely built with very low rankings. You don't have to watch the matches if you don't want to.. In most cases, that's a good thing as the players have the worst logic most of the times. You'll have your forward driving towards the goalie, only to get to the box and pass it back to a midfielder who then passes it to the other team. Also, I've never seen so many goals scored on free kicks in my life. There is a card to aid this which I assume is why they made it this way, but a free kick just outside the goal box is basically an automatic goal without the right card played. Your goalie will be able to stop just about anything else, which is sad.

This game has so much promise, so I hope they work on it. They have other "Big Win" sports games, but this is the only one I tried.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:19 PM   #99
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Been playing Crash Bandicoot on my PSX emulator, FPSe.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tor.fpse&hl=en

Old Oct 1, 2012, 02:24 PM   #100
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

AWEsum!

Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/6tb9vlf

It's basically a math based Tetris style game. It's good for kids as well as adults. I grabbed it as the free app of the day a while back on Amazon, but I do think it's worth a buck.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:04 PM   #101
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Here are two of my favourites:

Wind Up Knight

Towers and Trolls
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:28 PM   #102
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Final Fantasy 3 from Square Enix released on Google Play.
It's very expensive for a mobile game, but apparently it's worth it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eplay.FFIII_GP
I paid full price for FF1 on android. Hoping we get FF2 across the pond too. They are no better than any other versions but I never played them before so ....
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:53 PM   #103
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Granny Smith

Market Link: http://tw.gs/1aW8e
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:23 AM   #104
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Zombiewood

Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/cmwe82j
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:38 PM   #105
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If a game wants to load something at boot i simply don't bother with it.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:32 PM   #106
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

I hate games in in-app currency purchases. Wish Google Play would just be upfront about it.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:51 PM   #107
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

If its gameloft i already know its gonna have in app purchases
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:30 PM   #108
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

I don't mind in-app purchases as long as they aren't required to play the game. There are many games which force you to use money to complete levels and such...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:43 PM   #109
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Punch Hero: http://tinyurl.com/c3j2sjq

It's by GameEvil so there are IAP. The actual boxing mechanics are actually very good. It makes me think this would be 4D Sport Boxing if it were re-made today. However, the leveling up is either extremely slow or expensive. You can level up without paying, but it will take a while. They have a non-stop zombie mode where you can earn gold which helps offset paying, but it's still a grind. For some basic boxing action, it's one of the better boxing games. If you are wanting to fight all the opponents, get ready to open your wallet.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:02 AM   #110
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So I take it the games on Android phones aren't as robust as Iphone games...considering there's a massive thread for Iphone games and only a tiny one for Android...

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:35 AM   #111
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
So I take it the games on Android phones aren't as robust as Iphone games...considering there's a massive thread for Iphone games and only a tiny one for Android...
I just got bored posting iphone games. But yeah Android gaming isn't even in the same league as ios gaming.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:45 PM   #112
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I wish there was a Star Trek game on the Android.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:41 AM   #113
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Yes, gaming is not as big on the Android side of things but there are still a ton of games. I don't do a lot of mobile gaming, so I don't post up a lot of gaming info here. If gaming is your #1 need, then iOS would be your mobile platform of choice today. I disapprove of being tied to iTunes for media (and I didn't want to jailbreak the device) so iOS was not an option.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:10 PM   #114
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Clay Jam
Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/c8h7m4n

Not a very challenging game, but it's fun for a little while and very colorful. Great for kids as well. It does have IAP as most free games these days but they aren't needed to enjoy the game.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:13 AM   #115
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I bought Sixaxis Controller a few months ago, but just got around to setting it up and connecting my PS3 controller to my Nexus 7. I love this app.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:18 AM   #116
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Theme Park
Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/bclr86u

The review above has a few games in it, Theme Park is in the middle. I was a huge fan of the original and was excited when I saw this.. However, EA has trashed an old favorite. It's fun for kids, but that's about it. My daughter enjoys messing with it from time to time, but it's nothing like the original game. It only shares the same name.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:01 AM   #117
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

I've been Playing PBA Bowling Challenge.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._androidmarket

Tons of fun.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:47 AM   #118
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

I primarily play Homerun Battle 3D and Marvel War of Heroes on my Razr Maxx.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:52 AM   #119
tehpikachu
Radeon R420

tehpikachu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I've been Playing PBA Bowling Challenge.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._androidmarket

Tons of fun.
Gonna give it a try now haha. Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:43 AM   #120
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

10 Pin Shuffle™ Bowling
Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/c4vzjgn

It's basically a cross of three games, shuffleboard, bowling and poker all thrown into one. The good thing is; it's does it very well. It is an older iOS game, so you might have already seen it if you have an iOS device. It's still fun regardless how long it took to come to Android.