Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:58 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
Too bad the earliest it will be released is probably September next year.
September next year!?

lol christ, why did they even bother to announce it? It's just going to accumulate so much hype and anticipation it won't even be worth it.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:02 AM   #32
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
So are we getting generated environments or aren't we?
Builds on to me implies yes.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:25 AM   #33
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

meh.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:31 AM   #34
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoLo View Post
lol christ, why did they even bother to announce it? It's just going to accumulate so much hype and anticipation it won't even be worth it.
Actually it will live up... its blizzard they never ever ever release a game if they arent 110% happy with it

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:34 AM   #35
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Actually it will live up... its blizzard they never ever ever release a game if they arent 110% happy with it
..that still doesn't mean it will suck or not.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:47 AM   #36
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
..that still doesn't mean it will suck or not.
has any game from blizzard sucked?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:53 AM   #37
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Guys don't make fun of me, but I think I just.....yeah, I just came all over myself.
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:54 AM   #38
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Its blizzard, they wont screw it up.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:12 AM   #39
Crash_Site
Radeon R420

Crash_Site is still being judged by the masses

If you check out the FAQ a lot of the questions asked here are answered there... who woulda thunk it?

-Not an MMO
-Worlds will be randomly generated
-Battle.net
-Release date - "It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players."
CPU: I5 3570K - Mobo: AsRock Z77 Extreme4 - RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1833Mhz - GPU: Sapphire 7950 HD OC - HD: Samsung 840 Pro 120 GB SSD - 1 TB WD Cavier Black - PSU: Corsair 650W TX 80+ Bronze - OS: Windows 8 64-Bit
Crash_Site is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:17 AM   #40
WilyCoder
Banned

WilyCoder is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_Site View Post
-Release date - "It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players."
So it will land the same week as Duke Nukem Forever...
WilyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:21 AM   #41
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
WoW sucked. Still sucks. Always sucked. Suckysuckysuckysucked. Suck suck suck. sucked.

Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:21 AM   #42
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
yes, world of warcraft.

plus diablo 1 wasn't all that great to start with.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:25 AM   #43
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i still perfer japanese developer when it comes to games.

but blizzard is just the best other than japanese developer''

love all those game from blizzard.

i still dunno why EA got this big nowaday , since 99% of their game is a meh

really can't wait for their Star craft2 , wow expansion and diablo3
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Jun 28, 2008 at 10:27 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:29 AM   #44
Blundaar
SPOON!

Blundaar is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
D2 wasn't all that great. It received less than high-level praise when it 1st came out, and looked only slightly better than the original (which was great). In the meantime, my HGL character would shred any pansy D3 boss in seconds
Blundaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:38 AM   #45
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_Site View Post
If you check out the FAQ a lot of the questions asked here are answered there... who woulda thunk it?

-Not an MMO
-Worlds will be randomly generated
-Battle.net
My quote was from the FAQ.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:41 AM   #46
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

i came when i watched the gameplay footage

oh by the way.I TOLD YOU ALL IT WASN'T GOING TO BE AN MMO

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:59 AM   #47
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

Thought I'd be more excited. Hmm. Don't know if I'll get it - my fingers are getting too old for the Diablo click-fest. Wish Blizzard would create a new game instead of endless sequals.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:34 AM   #48
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Yes!!!! Diablo 3!!!

And to those who say WOW sucked, it has 9 million customers, any other games have that? Thought so.......
Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:40 AM   #49
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled with

Holy ****en A!!!!! I wasn't expecting the announcement to be Diablo 3, personally i was hoping for Starcraft 2 demo or gone gold announcement but now that ive seen its Diablo 3 i am ****ING HAPPY and jumping for joy!

Ive totally started to remember how much i was into the first Diablo and Diablo 2, this one is lookin like its gonna be ****ing wicked!!

And judging by the video's it looks like they have alot done so far.

Are there any higher quality video's out there for download? oh oh and how bout a release date?

Supra_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:41 AM   #50
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
yes, they all sucked the money out of you.

so is diablo 3 going to have some kind of multiplayer???
anyone knows anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:42 AM   #51
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post

anyone knows anything?
is the sky a blue and grass a green?

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:57 AM   #52
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post
is the sky a blue and grass a green?
nope.
sky looks little bit grey today, it might rain.
and grass is dirty yellow since it didn't rain for a long time.

what was your question again?
Quote:
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:02 PM   #53
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post

anyone knows anything?

They say right in the gameplay trailer that there will be Battle.net

Supra_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:06 PM   #54
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan45 View Post
And to those who say WOW sucked, it has 9 million customers, any other games have that? Thought so.......
hahah seriously is that your defence on why wow doesn't suck? the amount of "customers" doesn't mean ****, hell how much did the sims and those barbie games sell..

wow sucks donkey balls, so say we all.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:11 PM   #55
Blundaar
SPOON!

Blundaar is still being judged by the masses

Touche'
Blundaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:22 PM   #56
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Would have prefered another MMO, but it looks like they stray too far from what I liked about D2.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:26 PM   #57
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Freak View Post
They say right in the gameplay trailer that there will be Battle.net
just saw that, but there is not much detail about it yet.

Will Diablo III be playable over Battle.net? What new features can we expect?

Yes, Diablo III will be playable over Battle.net, and Battle.net will offer some exciting new features to enhance players' Diablo III experience. We'll announce specifics and go into much more detail at a later date.
Quote:
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:26 PM   #58
Vorpal
Radeon R700

Vorpal is still being judged by the masses

I was kind of bummed it's over a year away at best. That and there are only going to be 5 classes. With only 4 classes there had better be some damn unique and awesome spell effects and animations.

I guess Diablo 2 only had 4 classes on release and then the Amazon came with the expansion.

(But) Titan Quest has 9 Masteries and you combine 2 of them for your final class.
Vorpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:51 PM   #59
Japps
Ernie just shat his pants

Japps is still being judged by the masses

I will totally need a new PC for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3..

Black Canon Digital Rebel XTI (10 mp) with Canon Speedlite 420 EX
Sigma 10-20mm EX DG - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DG - Canon 70-200 F4 L
Japps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:13 PM   #60
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Just watched the 20min gameplay video... just wow. Any naysayers need to watch it.

I love how a lot of the D2 sound effects [pots, coins, portals] are the same. Map design looks beautiful, love the physics from falling enemies to destructible environments. The HP and MANA orbs have neat atmospheric animations. The whole video was perfect.

Only problem is... I want to play this NOW though.

Oh, and you'll be surprised how well D3 will probably end up running. Blizzard are known for adequate eye-candy without needing a NASA computer to run it.
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote