Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 17, 2001, 06:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crazytrain65
Banned

Crazytrain65 is still being judged by the masses

Default happened here too

in Mankato Minnesota, a woman was asked by her employer to remove the red,white,blue ribbon she was wearing in remembrance of the victims, she immediatyl refused and went and cleaned out her desk and walked out, after being asked about it by local radio , they said they had made a mistake and contacted the woman about coming back to work....
...she refused
Crazytrain65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2001, 06:53 PM   #2
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I heard also a university in Minn. did not allow a prayer visual while standing at a half staffed US flag because it would offend the visiting forign students......Forgot the name of the University though...damn

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2001, 07:13 PM   #3
AmanoJaku
Whoooo wanta some wang?

AmanoJaku is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by RecycledSilicon
I heard also a university in Minn. did not allow a prayer visual while standing at a half staffed US flag because it would offend the visiting forign students......Forgot the name of the University though...damn
I know damn well americans don't get that kind of courtesy in other countries... grrr...
NO COMPASSION

I am Alpha and Omega.
The beginning and the end.
The first and the last.

this sig was automatically shortened to meet the 10-lines max rule
AmanoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 17, 2001, 07:52 PM   #4
Uriel
Unbiased Geek

Uriel is still being judged by the masses

Sweden is a bunch of "cowards" when it comes to showing pride for our country
so I know all this crap since way back, "we" think anything that has to do with the Swedish flag or national anthem is racial and degrading towards other cultures
mostly due to neo nazis using the swedish flag and anthem as theirs (of course) so it got a "bad name" so to speak
but this is simply ridiculous! ESPECIALLY at a time like this

yay for that women that told her employers to f*ck off

Last edited by Uriel : Sep 17, 2001 at 07:54 PM.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2001, 08:08 PM   #5
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I actually agree with you on a post... .....IMO nation pride is part of the drive behind a nation...Read my Signature....great qoute, and its united by a flag and a nation of many diversities.....

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Sep 17, 2001, 08:39 PM   #6
toy187
mmm..... beer

toy187 is still being judged by the masses

hmmm....just a quick question...I'm Canadian...do I still live in America??
toy187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2001, 08:48 PM   #7
dustinyo
Troll Patrol

dustinyo is still being judged by the masses

there were also 2 kids celebrating in the dorms at the U of MN about the attacks. they did a little background check and found out their green cards weren't up to date, and they're being deported out of the country they seem to hate. what's funny is, they were probably in tears when they found out, yet they celebrate the death of our citizens.
dustinyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2001, 08:52 PM   #8
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Good dutinyo, we need to clean house.....

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Sep 17, 2001, 09:12 PM   #9
KMax
I'm Just a Typical

KMax is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
there were also 2 kids celebrating in the dorms at the U of MN about the attacks. they did a little background check and found out their green cards weren't up to date, and they're being deported out of the country they seem to hate.
That kicks! I love it.. they should've never been here anyway!

K-Max

::Heatware:: 69-0-0 // ::Wii Friend Code:: 1304 0169 4539 7606 // ::PS3 & Xbox 360 Tag:: Rezeph
KMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2001, 05:08 AM   #10
WyreTheWolf
fuzzy ears

WyreTheWolf is still being judged by the masses

Angry

SHIBNIT LIKE THIS REALLY TICKS ME OFF! A friend of mine owns an old ratty looking ford pick-up. He is flying a 4X9 ft. United States Flag off the back of this thing! Even the police officers held up there fists in support! Hell yeah!! It is time that we put away our petty squabelling! It is time for our country, and our citizens to have *******G PRIDE IN THIS GREAT NATION! They hit the buildings, they missed AMERICA! These idiots would have to kill EVERY American, in order to distroy America!

I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
-= 3 x AOC G2590FX 25" | Windows 10 Professional x64 =-

-= PROUDLY FOLDING FOR TEAM Rage3D! =-
WyreTheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2001, 11:35 AM   #11
dustinyo
Troll Patrol

let it all out wyre

i heard of a guy here who had a flag in the back window of his car, but a he got pulled over because the flag was really frayed. the cop told him to take it down and get a better flag. i guess maybe he didn't want people to confuse it for a torn up flag showing disrespect or something?
Old Sep 18, 2001, 12:15 PM   #12
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default This a real story?

Quote:
Originally posted by dustinyo
there were also 2 kids celebrating in the dorms at the U of MN about the attacks. they did a little background check and found out their green cards weren't up to date, and they're being deported out of the country they seem to hate. what's funny is, they were probably in tears when they found out, yet they celebrate the death of our citizens.
I'm having trouble finding any story like this in any news source. I've searched both the Star Tribune (Minneapolis) at http://www.startribune.com/ and the U. of Minnesota student news site at http://www.daily.umn.edu/

Dustiyo... Where did you hear this story?

- N
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2001, 12:19 PM   #13
dustinyo
Troll Patrol

actually, my mom told me about it i'm not where she heard it, i'll ask her next time i talk to her.
Old Sep 18, 2001, 12:21 PM   #14
Valkoinen
Taffer

Valkoinen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by toy187
hmmm....just a quick question...I'm Canadian...do I still live in America??
You live on the American continent, with people from Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and USA. You do not live in the United States of America though.

If that was not clear to you before
Valkoinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2001, 12:33 PM   #15
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This is a bunch of bs, if you are a foreign person, you chose to come to the US for work, school, what ever, and when you chose to come here, you chose to be part of our society, and that includes the acceptance of our flag. If you are foreign, and have an issue with seeing our flag being presented in the work place, schools, etc., then you need to reconsider your stay in the USA (no disrespect meant to our foreign friends who do reside in the USA). The flag is part of our culture, our national heritage, please respect that.

If I lived in a foreign country, I wouldn't expect them to remove there flag from employees desks, or schools, or any where else, that is part of there culture, and must be accepted by all that make the decision to stay, and be a part of that culture.

Anyone American who requests a flag to be removed, needs to sit down, and think long and hard about the events that have taken place, the fact you are in the USA, and what it means to be an American.

Anyone who wants my flag can have it, right after I die, because you will only get it over my dead body!

Thanks for letting me spit out my opinion.

Daniel

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote