Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Closed Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:28 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Rage3d Censorship

I'm confused with the censorship on this forum, first the "girl moving into the basement" thread is deleted for no apparent reason. I ask why, then my thread is closed, stating "This thread isn't really necessary", well no thread here is really "necessary"...

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34049551

It was a reasonably fun thread to chat about, isn't that the POINT of the Open Forum?

No one was getting hurt, no one was offending anyone else, I'm confused can someone please explain?

V
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:30 PM   #2
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

okay, I'm seeing Curio's post after I saw my thread was closed and after I posted the above...

so I can see why Munkus's thread was deleted but I still don't see why we can't ask Munkus why?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:34 PM   #3
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wouldn't surprise me if the chick saw the thread or Munkus was afraid she would eventually see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:35 PM   #4
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

There's a thing called PMs, they can be used? Either to mods or to Munkus?

It was requested that the thread was closed when it became apparent that people had looked the prospective tenant up, effectively doxxing them. That wasn't the intention and wasn't the direction anyone wanted it to go, so it was closed.

No need to yell censorship when it was closed for good reason and on request.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64

HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:52 PM   #5
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

This is a public forum, but not an "open" forum. There really is no such thing. All forums are moderated and controlled as to what they do or do not want to see on their forums.

The only way you get to post what you want, when you want, is to create your own and pay for it with your own money.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:00 PM   #6
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

We always delete posts when an OP requests it. Always have.

I don't ever ask why either, it's up to the OP's discretion as they see fit since it's their thread.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:07 PM   #7
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if the chick saw the thread or Munkus was afraid she would eventually see it.
That's why I asked for it to be deleted instead of just closed. It wasn't my intention for her real name and links to other parts of her life to be discovered. I guess I underestimated how easy it would be to do so. What started off as a mildly creepy yet light-hearted thread became very creepy and potentially dangerous after someone reverse-image-searched her picture and posted videos with her real name. Last thing I wanted was for some random/ill-intentioned person (lots of anonymous people can see the OT forum) to get her email and contact her.

Last edited by Munkus : Jun 20, 2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:24 PM   #8
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
That's why I asked for it to be deleted instead of just closed. It wasn't my intention for her real name and links to other parts of her life to be discovered. I guess I underestimated how easy it would be to do so. What started off as a mildly creepy yet light-hearted thread became very creepy and potentially dangerous after someone reverse-image-searched her picture and posted videos with her real name. Last thing I wanted was for some random/ill-intentioned person (lots of anonymous people can see the OT forum) to get her email and contact her.
Never underestimate how creepy Ragers can get.

yoz
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:26 PM   #9
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
yup, all you need to mention is "hot chick" and post a picture of said person on the interwebs and its all Rage3d, Creep edition.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:32 PM   #10
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
LOL! I wasn't worried too much about Ragers. We're mostly harmless. I was more worried about all the anonymous people who browse OT every day. Like right now we have 3 members and 6 "guests" in this thread. The next Jeffrey Dahmer could be one of those guests.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:42 PM   #11
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

all valid and reasonable concerns, makes the closing of my previous thread even more annoying now, imho...

Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:45 PM   #12
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
LOL! I wasn't worried too much about Ragers. We're mostly harmless. I was more worried about all the anonymous people who browse OT every day. Like right now we have 3 members and 6 "guests" in this thread. The next Jeffrey Dahmer could be one of those guests.
tru.dat

yoz
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:55 PM   #13
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
all valid and reasonable concerns, makes the closing of my previous thread even more annoying now, imho...

If you were curious why something was closed vs deleted, you can PM a mod and ask. Sometimes the reasons we do things aren't necessarily stuff it makes sense to broadcast, especially since I didn't want to possibly put a spotlight on Munkus for asking the thread be deleted (and send any heat his way if anyone got emotional about it since I'd prefer that be directed to us mods).

Just leave it and move on.

A 2nd thread asking about a previous thread seems excessive. Also, there's a Forum Feedback section for this sort of website related feedback.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Jun 20, 2019, 02:21 PM   #14
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

In my 20 years of forum nerdery -- rage is the LEAST policed/censored forum I have ever frequented.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 02:24 PM   #15
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
In my 20 years of forum nerdery -- rage is the LEAST policed/censored forum I have ever frequented.
Yup but it's not seen that way by many - the **** I've been told in PM lol

Frankly some people have no idea how easy they have it here and how much they actually get away with
Old Jun 20, 2019, 02:46 PM   #16
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
you said it yourself in the removed thread millennials post everything

and google finds all .
Old Jun 20, 2019, 02:55 PM   #17
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Yup but it's not seen that way by many - the **** I've been told in PM lol

Frankly some people have no idea how easy they have it here and how much they actually get away with
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Keep on pimp-in.

Personally, I like the balance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:12 PM   #18
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:

Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:23 PM   #19
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

Seconded.

yoz
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:24 PM   #20
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

As soon as I saw the thread had been removed/deleted I knew immediately that Munkus had requested it. It was just pretty obvious to me that something had started out as a innocent laugh was getting out of hand. The mods have always deleted my screwups on request and I'm thankful for it.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:24 PM   #21
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I think generally speaking we do a pretty good job of policing ourselves. Then again, I don't see any of the BS the mods deal with, so I could be completely wrong.

Anyway, kudos to the mods for putting up with us wankers.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:37 PM   #22
curio
𐐒ananaD

Most of the time, the community here is fantastic and we don't have to do much.

As always it's a relative few that make for the most problems.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:37 PM   #23
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Anyway, kudos to the mods for putting up with us wankers.
Troublemaker.....

yoz
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:39 PM   #24
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Troublemaker.....
Wanker....
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:42 PM   #25
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Wanker....
What's your point?

yoz
Old Jun 20, 2019, 05:03 PM   #26
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
What's your point?
He wants to wank your point.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Old Jun 20, 2019, 05:10 PM   #27
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
He wants to wank your point.
Only if he moves into my basement.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 05:29 PM   #28
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Only if he moves into my basement.

You should make a thread about it
Old Jun 20, 2019, 07:11 PM   #29
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wait what!? The basement bitch thread was deleted?
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jun 20, 2019, 08:53 PM   #30
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I hope you understand why I found that thread incredibly odd. Eisberg is a ****ing weirdo for what he did
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Closed Thread