Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 21, 2020, 06:52 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If only they would also move the connector so it's on the end of card, instead of the side...
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 06:58 PM   #122
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If only they would also move the connector so it's on the end of card, instead of the side...
Oh man, I hope they never do that. You literally mean on the right edge? It's already hard enough fitting them in a lot of cases. The side is good.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 07:41 PM   #123
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
and close to the MB
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 22, 2020, 06:56 AM   #124
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2020, 09:09 AM   #125
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:53 AM   #126
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I remember when leaks claimed Vega 64 was going to be faster than a 1080Ti. And the RX 480... and so on...
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:13 AM   #127
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
aftermarket is almost always 2 to 3 months after reference for both

i'll wait
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:59 AM   #128
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I remember when leaks claimed Vega 64 was going to be faster than a 1080Ti. And the RX 480... and so on...
I have not yet fallen for the for the big navi hype. I expect AMDs fastest single GPU card this round to be on par with 2080ti and be priced at $700. That would be win for people who wont buy nVidia.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 12:05 PM   #129
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
I have not yet fallen for the for the big navi hype. I expect AMDs fastest single GPU card this round to be on par with 2080ti and be priced at $700. That would be win for people who wont buy nVidia.
All the leaks seem to contradict that.

yoz
Old Jul 23, 2020, 06:07 AM   #130
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I think that's aiming too low, just because the 2080 Ti really isn't all that fast. It's only like 30% above a 1080 Ti (varies based on resolution) and the 5700 XT is only 10% below a 1080 Ti already, and that's with a small die. There's no reason AMD couldn't have matched a 2080 Ti even with RDNA 1 just with a larger die. If they have any clock speed or ipc improvements at all then the 2080 Ti will be crushed.

2080 Ti is a paper tiger. It will fall pretty easily, IMO.

Last edited by Nagorak : Jul 23, 2020 at 06:12 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 06:49 AM   #131
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
If the FE actually releases in August, them talking about the custom cards in September is pretty quick, always thought they were released a good 2 months after.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2020, 01:21 PM   #132
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Coreteks is now saying Big Navi will be on par with 2080ti
https://coreteks.tech/articles/index...vi-not-so-big/
Old Jul 30, 2020, 02:54 PM   #133
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Hey, are you the Billy Bad News for AMD?
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2020, 03:04 PM   #134
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

Nope, I want AMD to catch up so prices might come down.

We have been through so many cycles where the AMD rumors overshoot the actual cards that I have become a bit salty.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 03:14 PM   #135
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Nope, I want AMD to catch up so prices might come down.

We have been through so many cycles where the AMD rumors overshoot the actual cards that I have become a bit salty.
tru.dat but this one seems different... up to a point.

yoz
Old Jul 30, 2020, 03:18 PM   #136
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Coreteks is now saying Big Navi will be on par with 2080ti
https://coreteks.tech/articles/index...vi-not-so-big/
Exactly, Coreteks.

There have been far too many rumors from other outlets, not to mention the simple paper napkin math that hints at Big Navi being considerably better than a 2080Ti. But hey, anything can happen.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2020, 05:49 PM   #137
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

This isn't the first report I have seen lastly that Big Navi isn't much over a 2080 Ti. I can still hope that Nvidia will price the 3080 in line with Big Navi to get the sales. Anything over 3080 though, grab your cheeks and grab 2 tubs of lube!
Old Jul 31, 2020, 04:33 AM   #138
Nagorak

I don't think anyone actually knows right now. And honestly if I were AMD I'd be trying to downplay performance, knowing Nvidia is going first. Maybe Nvidia is lulled into complacency and targets lower and it's easier to beat or match, whether on price or performance.

I think the guy in this video makes some good points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZqyBQgUWzI&t=442s

Essentially, if Navi is 80 CUs and can only compete with 3080 then it will be because it didn't clock as high as expected. If it's only 60ish CUs then it was always targeted at the 2080 Ti and was just late. Or, alternatively, they just didn't even care to compete at the very top end for whatever reason.

Either way 2080 Ti performance is coming down to a lower price bracket. That's happening no matter what, whether AMD competes on the top or not. In my opinion, it would almost be impossible for them to release a graphics card that didn't at least match the 2080 Ti. There's just not enough space between the 5700 XT and 2080 Ti for that to make sense, unless there was some sort of monumental engineering debacle.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 08:53 AM   #139
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

No one really knows exactly yet but there were rumblings that the top card from AMD maybe delayed till 2021 because they could be having issues with it and the performance they are hearing now is something from the 6800XT. That's just pure speculation on their part though.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:02 PM   #140
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
AMD RDNA 2 ‘Navi 2X’ GPU Rumors: No HBM2 Memory, Radeon RX ‘Big Navi’ Graphics Card Launch in November, Next-Gen RDNA 3 With Chiplet Design
Quote:
AMD's First RDNA 2 GPU, Big Navi, Is Expected For Launch in November But No AIB Partners Have The Chip Yet
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-b...smc-7nm-rumor/
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:26 PM   #141
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

I'm loving these 80CU rumor because it does line up with double the specs of the 5700XT.

AIB partners won't have the chip yet, because AMD will come out with their founder's edition first. Hopefully, this go around they put a better cooler on it than my 5700XT.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:33 PM   #142
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
You have a long wait there big dog!

Imagine all those Asus Ampere cards in October......

yoz
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:52 PM   #143
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
You have a long wait there big dog!

Imagine all those Asus Ampere cards in October......
it is still 2020

400+ watts

i can wait till Q1 2021 for a aftermarket Big Navi
unless AMD has a Sapphire water cooled reference card like fruy x or hopefully full water

there is no game unplayable now with a 2080 ti even at 4k and i don't think any game coming in the next 6 months will be

even 2077 i don't think now since it has to be playable on a ps4 and will get down graded to do so and look about the same on all platforms
maybe a few months after release if they steep it back up for PC with high resolution textures and stuff
but that will be the about the same 6 month
and since 2077 and Big Navi are coming out at the same time .........

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 4, 2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 01:01 PM   #144
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
there is no game unplayable now with a 2080 ti even at 4k and i don't think any game coming in the next 6 months will be even 2077....
Agreed!

yoz
Old Aug 4, 2020, 01:09 PM   #145
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Agreed!
and since NV favorite song is

i think it is smartest to wait till both are out
and prices settle

and since NV is samsung there will be plenty of stock
Old Aug 4, 2020, 01:32 PM   #146
AllexxisF1
Owie.

That's exactly what I was thinking about the other day when I was playing Wolfenstein at 239 FPS with everything turned up.

Like, why am I stoked to be getting Big Navi in November, to get what? 480FPS?

Honestly, I want it more for DCS World in VR, but it's probably not going to make any dent in that because of its poor efficiency and being CPU bound. But then again, even if it doesn't get me more than 45 frames in VR, I might at least bump up the pixel density or something.

But hey, you got to start somewhere amirite. Maybe it will push me to get a 4K monitor for once.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 01:38 PM   #147
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

AMD just hit 100 billion market cap. Be nice to see some of that moolah make its way to their R&D.

https://wccftech.com/amd-crosses-100...ric-milestone/

For comparison Nvidia is 272 billion and intel 206 billion.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2020, 02:55 PM   #148
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have supported AMD graphics for more than 10 years through thick and thin.

I hope that Nvidia can be reasonable with their prices this time(I doubt it, though)for those that insist on buying Nvidia. I also hope that AMD doesn't get greedy like Nvidia.

It will be interesting to see how the prices go for the mid range gamers like me.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 03:56 PM   #149
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
I have supported AMD graphics for more than 10 years through thick and thin.

I hope that Nvidia can be reasonable with their prices this time(I doubt it, though)for those that insist on buying Nvidia. I also hope that AMD doesn't get greedy like Nvidia.

It will be interesting to see how the prices go for the mid range gamers like me.

navi 2x will have DXR and very likely some type of DLSS
so depends on how much faster than a 2080 ti it really is without any DLSS on both

15% = 749

25% = 849

35% = 899

45% to 50% or more 999

now if it is the full 80 CU's and 50% more performance per watt ( like AMD says ) than a 225 watt TDP navi 5700 xt

and say a 350+ watt TDP card
it could be well over 2x faster maybe 2.5x faster than a 5700 xt

we could see up to 1199 air to 1299 water cooled
Old Aug 4, 2020, 04:19 PM   #150
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Really curious on what kind of dedicated Dxr hardware there is with Rdna2 and consoles? I think the key on how powerful it may or may not be is how active Amd is working with developers to improve Pc and Radeon experiences. On consoles: it may be how many Dxr optimizations and trade-offs the title offers.