Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 19, 2020, 12:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020): PC graphics performance benchmark review

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...-review,1.html

"Graphics performance-wise, we'd recommend a beefy setup, of course. I'd recommend an enthusiast-class graphics card for the highest resolutions, 32GB on the System memory and obviously and SSD. processor wise four cores work, but my recommendation sits at an eight-core configuration for best experience."

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 01:05 PM   #2
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

35 FPS at 4k with a 2080 ti
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 01:07 PM   #3
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
And less in big cities....

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 19, 2020, 01:10 PM   #4
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
And less in big cities....
is nvidia name on this
Old Aug 19, 2020, 01:17 PM   #5
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

That's hardcore on the graphics. Even if the 3090 brings 50% it still won't be enough to push 60fps at 4k. This thing needs DLSS lol.

Last edited by the_sextein : Aug 19, 2020 at 02:58 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 01:32 PM   #6
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

That's painful, guess I won't be playing it any time soon.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 01:33 PM   #7
acroig
Master Troll

"A cardinal rule with flight sims is that 30 fps (as repulsive as that sounds) is enough as a simulated experience. We're not stating that 30 FPS is a good thing, but the scenery in flight is slow-pacing and slow-moving; it really does not need 100+ FPS, at 30 to 60 FPS you'll feel very comfortable; it's your simulation FPS / refresh domain to look out for. This is not different from watching a movie that anyone does at 24p, you prefer it over 60p right, as otherwise all just does not compute in your brain. Just have a look at the videos we included, and you'll soon realize that it's all good. So in your preferred resolution, your target can be 30 (at minimum); perhaps 25 FPS might even do it."

yoz
Old Aug 19, 2020, 01:42 PM   #8
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm sure better performance will come from CPU and threading optimizations, not necessarily graphical optimizations.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 02:02 PM   #9
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

152.4GB Almost as big as Call of Dudy! Will need to check Cap space on this download.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 02:09 PM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
152.4GB Almost as big as Call of Dudy! Will need to check Cap space on this download.
That POS is over 215GB on my HDD!

yoz
Old Aug 19, 2020, 02:15 PM   #11
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
That POS is over 215GB on my HDD!
Actual Download size is 91.36GB, Downloading now. So obviously pretty compressed for the download.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 03:06 PM   #12
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
More to the point 51fps at 1080P !!!
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / SSD 850 evo / 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 03:17 PM   #13
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
More to the point 51fps at 1080P !!!
EWW

I won't go below 1440p for any game
Old Aug 19, 2020, 03:33 PM   #14
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
EWW

Liar! You go below for lots of things....

yoz
Old Aug 19, 2020, 03:58 PM   #15
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
EWW

exactly.
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / SSD 850 evo / 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2020, 04:15 PM   #16
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
EWW

I won't go below 4k for any game
Fixed!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition