Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:45 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Question about text messages- cell phone or carrier to blame?

Lately some of my texts do not send unless I turn my phone off and back on. They sit in my outbox with a "sending in progress" status until the phone is rebooted. Also, when it's turned back on, I'll get a flood of text messages from throughout the day all at once.

Is this a problem with the network (Rogers in Canada) or my piece of **** phone (Motorola Razr)?
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:09 AM   #2
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

sounds like the phone to me
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:25 AM   #3
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
Lately some of my texts do not send unless I turn my phone off and back on. They sit in my outbox with a "sending in progress" status until the phone is rebooted. Also, when it's turned back on, I'll get a flood of text messages from throughout the day all at once.

Is this a problem with the network (Rogers in Canada) or my piece of **** phone (Motorola Razr)?
First of all Rogers sucks and it could very well be your phone.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:48 AM   #4
maddude0025
Radeon R300

maddude0025 is still being judged by the masses

I had that problem with an old LG VX4500 phone. Otherwise it was a great phone. I never turned it off though and when it didn't send txt's I figured it was time for a reboot, like any other 'computer', if you want to think of it that way. Of course, it very rarely happened to me, and I'm in the USA and using Verizon.

So, yeah... probably not the same thing
Roger: Asus A8R32-MVP|AMD Opteron 170 @ 2.5Ghz|2GB OCZ Platinum|Sapphire X1950Pro|2x250GB WD SATA2 Raid 0|2x320GB WD SATA Raid 0|Audigy 2 ZS|Lite-on DVD-RW|Lite-On DVD-ROM|OCZ GameXStream 700W|Dual Samsung SyncMaster 730b

Media: Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe|AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200|1GB Corsair ValueRam|Gigabyte 7300GS|VistaView Saber 2020 Dual Tuner Pci-e|HighPoint Rocket Raid 2300 Pci-e|160GB Seagate IDE|250GB WD IDE|4x500GB WD SATA2 Raid 10|4x500GB WD SATA2 Raid 10|LG DVD-RW|Corsair 620HX
maddude0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Try your SIM in another phone

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:40 AM   #6
Farmer_BOB
Radeon Northern Islands

Farmer_BOB is still being judged by the masses

I have a question about this as well.

Lets say you have a text package with Tmobile (which I do). How will they charge me if I send a text to somebody in Canada?
Farmer_BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:30 AM   #7
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
First of all Rogers sucks and it could very well be your phone.

Yeah Rogers is absolutely terrible. I'm locked in a contract with them for another year, though if I need a new phone it might be cheaper to pay the remainder out and go back to Sasktel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddude0025 View Post
I had that problem with an old LG VX4500 phone. Otherwise it was a great phone. I never turned it off though and when it didn't send txt's I figured it was time for a reboot, like any other 'computer', if you want to think of it that way. Of course, it very rarely happened to me, and I'm in the USA and using Verizon.

So, yeah... probably not the same thing
I'd be okay with doing that if the missed text messages come through, but I'm also only receiving about half of those as well. People are asking why I'm ignoring them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
Try your SIM in another phone
Yeah I could try that, thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:31 AM   #8
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Its the satellites
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:55 AM   #9
shockwave
canucklehead

Ok, I'm canceling with Rogers and getting a new phone with another carrier. I need something with a decent camera, large screen and relatively thin. Suggestions fellow nerds?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:41 PM   #10
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Ok, I'm canceling with Rogers and getting a new phone with another carrier. I need something with a decent camera, large screen and relatively thin. Suggestions fellow nerds?
Hmm... you could go with a LG Chocolate, I know a guy at work with one and he loves it. Or if you prefer to stay with a Moto, there is the Krzr.

Both are on Sasktel. I have a LG VX6200 on Sasktel, Tri-Mode ftw!

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Sep 4, 2007 at 12:51 PM.
gamefoo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:53 PM   #11
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
razr?

The display is nice, its thin, fits the pocket really well. Camera is only like 1.3mp though