Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:16 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
GIGABYTE GTX 1070 G1
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: United States BOINGGGGGGGG!
Posts: 8,416
Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I thought you could just use your camera and snap a picture of the label of the game to add it. Or maybe I'm thinking of a different one?
I just checked and you are correct, tried it on a few carts, it was hit and miss on it working for some reason.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:19 AM   #332
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 20,584
Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I just checked and you are correct, tried it on a few carts, it was hit and miss on it working for some reason.
__________________
=::Steam::=
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:02 PM   #333
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United States Caketown
Posts: 16,465
SubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
The torches and pitchforks are coming to your house to share your games!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
If Half Life 3 came out now, my interest level in the game would be comparable to the effort I went into drawing a parallel between my interest and something else in this post.

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m


Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 14, 2017, 09:26 AM   #334
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 20,584
Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
The torches and pitchforks are coming to your house to share your games!


Its been a pretty good summer for game finds, better than I was expecting actually. Reminds me of the last time I was big into doing this about 5-10 years ago. Everyone always talks about how retro games are much harder to find in the wild for cheap nowadays, which is true, but the stuff is definitely still out there. You just have to work a bit harder for it and make use of the current methods like apps and Facebook.

By the way I just sold the SupaBoy for $40. Made a post about it on NintendoAge and within a few hours got a message from someone in Oregon who wanted it. Seems like its an easy enough fix if you have some soldering skills, and patience. Its a cool handheld, but I'm not sure of the practicality of it. I mean, am I really going to lug SNES games around with me? Also, I don't like how tight the port grips the games. Pulling them out makes it feel like its going to rip the pin connectors off.
__________________
=::Steam::=
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 01:33 PM   #335
borat
Radeon R520
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 593
borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Its a cool handheld, but I'm not sure of the practicality of it. I mean, am I really going to lug SNES games around with me? Also, I don't like how tight the port grips the games. Pulling them out makes it feel like its going to rip the pin connectors off.
Ya, neat idea, but I'd rather something smaller that doesn't need the actual cartridges (yikes, that last thing you wrote!)...Too bad 3DS doesn't have a lot of SNES games...

As for buying entire lots, you're helping the garage sale people who are just trying to get rid of it all! They don't wanna be left with a few games here and there just because collectors wanna be nice to each other!
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 01:37 PM   #336
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 20,584
Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Ya, neat idea, but I'd rather something smaller that doesn't need the actual cartridges (yikes, that last thing you wrote!)...Too bad 3DS doesn't have a lot of SNES games...

As for buying entire lots, you're helping the garage sale people who are just trying to get rid of it all! They don't wanna be left with a few games here and there just because collectors wanna be nice to each other!
Yeah, I leave no scraps behind.

Seriously though its only worth it to me if I'm buying everything. As I've stated many times I rely on picking up doubles for trade and to recoup some money. It is nice though to know I am saving other game hunters that hit the same yard sales after me the chance of be disappointed by seeing an obvious "picked through" game lot. What they don't know can't hurt them.
__________________
=::Steam::=
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM   #337
borat
Radeon R520
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 593
borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
It is nice though to know I am saving other game hunters that hit the same yard sales after me the chance of be disappointed by seeing an obvious "picked through" game lot. What they don't know can't hurt them.
Well I was talking about the sellers and I didn't think of that....
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM   #338
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 20,584
Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel


Default

Getting to the end of the summer and my next few weekends are filling up with family events. Not sure how many more times I will be able to hunt yard sales before the weather starts turning cold up here. In the past though I can remember end of summer being some of the best times for yard sales, as a lot of procrastinators finally do them so we'll see what I can find.

Honestly though I think I'm about spent for the season. I've gotten a lot to add to my collection and honestly I'm starting to run into space issues in my game room again which is going to need addressing. I may need to move some things around and spring for one of those bigger shelving units that go on the floor. Not sure yet though as I now have the majority of games from my want list that I was pursuing, and whatever is left seems to be high priced and rare games that I most likely wont be obtaining any time soon, realistically.
__________________
=::Steam::=
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #339
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United States Caketown
Posts: 16,465
SubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird singsSubCog knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Yeah, I leave no scraps behind.

Seriously though its only worth it to me if I'm buying everything. As I've stated many times I rely on picking up doubles for trade and to recoup some money. It is nice though to know I am saving other game hunters that hit the same yard sales after me the chance of be disappointed by seeing an obvious "picked through" game lot. What they don't know can't hurt them.
I suppose if you go to garage sales and ask people to get games out of their attic, you're not actually taking games away from other collectors... actually I think you're adding inventory to the market overall.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
If Half Life 3 came out now, my interest level in the game would be comparable to the effort I went into drawing a parallel between my interest and something else in this post.

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m


Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #340
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 20,584
Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I suppose if you go to garage sales and ask people to get games out of their attic, you're not actually taking games away from other collectors... actually I think you're adding inventory to the market overall.
That point I was making about not leaving any scraps behind was more or less referring to yard sales that actually already have games out for sale on the tables.

That is still a good point though. But I do know at least 2 other collectors in my town that utilize the same strategies as me, so they are probably also asking. I see them in a local FB group also posting and talking about their finds after weekend yard sales. I haven't bumped into them on my routes yet, but I know they have scooped up some games before and after me at sales. Its really interesting to see, and keeps me on my toes.

[EDIT] Blah, kind of rambling today but also want to add yes I like to think I'm in a way offering a service to the retro gaming community. I rescue old, dirty, and unwanted games from closets, basements, and attics around my town and take pride in cleaning them up, testing them, and putting them up for sale back into the market.
__________________
=::Steam::=

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Yesterday at 01:40 PM.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collecting Dust KAC Console Gaming 20 Jul 18, 2012 12:35 AM
Anyone here into painting/collecting miniatures ? Tork64 Off Topic Lounge 1 May 27, 2009 11:47 PM
Toy collecting. Tork64 Off Topic Lounge 14 Dec 15, 2007 10:08 AM
Buying / Collecting Obsessions... Villainess Off Topic Lounge 60 Oct 7, 2005 08:15 AM
Anyone into collecting used condoms? Kruno Off Topic Lounge 41 Nov 17, 2003 11:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink