Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 10, 2003, 08:17 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BassAckwards
More than @$$ backwards

BassAckwards is still being judged by the masses

Default Transfering files between a mac and a pc on a network

Is there a good way of transfering files between a mac and a pc on a network? Thanks,
Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder squirrel
The second step is drinking the problem away.
Please pass my spud!
http://www.passthepotato.com/potato-...5182102-785353
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2003, 09:07 PM   #2
Slappy THM
Time Honoured Member

Slappy THM is still being judged by the masses

Should be easy enough. From the Mac, search the network for the computer you want to transfer from (or to), log in & mount whatever drive is shared, and away you go...
Old Sep 10, 2003, 10:59 PM   #3
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

you could use FTP,
or , I'm not sure, Mac gateway services, like in netware?
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | XFX Radeon VII 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + Logitech G635 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2003, 11:02 PM   #4
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Windows 2000 has the ability of appletalk over ethernet I think.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2003, 11:56 PM   #5
Althornin
Suck it down...

Althornin is still being judged by the masses

i do this kinda **** for a living, but before i give you instructions, i need to know what OS each one is.

If the mac is OSX, just connect to the windows share (you can share out a folder, right?) with smb - that would be smb://computername/sharename

if not, i'll tell you waht you need to do
Old Sep 11, 2003, 12:06 AM   #6
irwincur
Banned

irwincur is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
you could use FTP,
Good luck. Macs for some reason really hate to FTP to PCs. Then you have file compatability issues to deal with.
irwincur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2003, 12:18 AM   #7
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally posted by irwincur
Good luck. Macs for some reason really hate to FTP to PCs. Then you have file compatability issues to deal with.
that's weird, where I work we use FTP to exchange files between PC's and MAC's,

also we have a remote drive mounted in a MAC using a software which I don't remember it's name...
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | XFX Radeon VII 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + Logitech G635 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2003, 07:02 AM   #8
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

There´s a program called PC Maclan that you install on PCs and a program called DAVE that you install on a Mac that allow you to do that. You can use one of them, the one that suits you better.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2003, 08:24 AM   #9
irwincur
Banned

irwincur is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
that's weird, where I work we use FTP to exchange files between PC's and MAC's,
I have a hell of a time getting remote MAC users to get FTP to work correctly with my FTP at work. But, it may also be the users, I rarely deal with the best and the brightest - even though Mac users are supposed to be - ********.
irwincur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2003, 05:31 PM   #10
ip_freely
Banned

ip_freely is still being judged by the masses

id say use ftp.
ip_freely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2003, 08:00 PM   #11
Slappy THM
Time Honoured Member

Slappy THM is still being judged by the masses

Yeah, if you're running OSX, FTP shouldn't be necessary. As Althornin says, SMB is all you need.

But I really don't know what else to say. For me it's as easy as plugging in my OSX machine to the network, and everything seems to find each other from there. Just click Finder/Go/Connect to Server/Select Computer. I have to mind my firewall, but that's about it...

Don't know about networking with OS9 though, haven't played around with it enough.

Hope it all works out for you...
Old Sep 17, 2003, 08:06 PM   #12
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally posted by DorXtar
Windows 2000 has the ability of appletalk over ethernet I think.
And also XP

I think
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2003, 08:42 PM   #13
ip_freely
Banned

ip_freely is still being judged by the masses

if you install linux on the mac it will be really easy
ip_freely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2003, 10:49 PM   #14
TheMonkeyBoyz
Banned