Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Today is Christmas (The Official Apple Event Thread)

This thread is for the purposes of discussing the Apple Event taking place today at 12pm central time.

WARNING: This is not a thread for bashing Apple. All violators will be reported.

On tap for today:

1) iPhone OS 4.0 (possible announcement of multi-tasking and UI makeover)
2) New Macs (Macbook Pro is said to contain i5/i3 CPU's)
3) New desktop software (iLife '10 & Aperture X)
4) The acquistion of Lala music service (put your iTunes library in the cloud to be accessed and streamed anywhere)
5) iPad (the rumored and highly anticpated and 95% confirmed tablet device)
6) Possible upgrades to the iPhone hardware
7) Possible annoucement of the ending of iPhone AT&T exclusivity and availability to all carriers.

Last edited by Razeus : Jan 27, 2010 at 09:34 AM.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:32 AM   #2
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
WARNING: This is not a thread for bashing Apple. All violators will be reported.
This thread is for whatever comes of it

I'm anticipating their pricing announcements

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:33 AM   #3
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3tty F1y View Post
This thread is for whatever comes of it

I'm anticipating their pricing announcements
All prices will be increased by 50%.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:37 AM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I would like to see an iPhone with at least a 3.7" screen(4.3" like the HD2 would be nicer), sporting at least 800x480 resolution, with a 1ghz snapdragon processor(or equivalent). That would make the iPhone a viable alternative, IMO. Oh yeah, and on Verizon, cause AT&T blows dog balls.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:53 AM   #6
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm interested in the new iPhone OS, and whether a newer phone will be announced (and if I can keep myself from upgrading to it).
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:57 AM   #7
MysticKiller
Nuff Respect Due

MysticKiller is still being judged by the masses

iPhone with a slide out QWERTY keyboard and they've got them selves a sale already.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:00 AM   #8
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticKiller View Post
iPhone with a slide out QWERTY keyboard and they've got them selves a sale already.
oddly enough, the touch keypad works beautifully. I'm just as fast on it as I was on my slide out querty.

Now, keypads like blackberry...those suck for typing.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:10 AM   #9
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
oddly enough, the touch keypad works beautifully. I'm just as fast on it as I was on my slide out querty.
It works fine - but in order to make it work fine, they had to make it consume about 50% of the screen real-estate.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:22 AM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post

Now, keypads like blackberry...those suck for typing.
QWERTY keyboard is good for more than just typing. Gaming with a QWERTY, even a bad one, is better than multitouch(depending on the game of course)
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:26 AM   #11
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
QWERTY keyboard is good for more than just typing. Gaming with a QWERTY, even a bad one, is better than multitouch(depending on the game of course)
I will grant you that.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:29 AM   #12
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

all the iPhone stuff interests me, as well as Lala. The rest of it is just gonna be overpriced, and overhyped crap like usual.

The Onion rules.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:36 AM   #13
techs1200
Banned

techs1200 is still being judged by the masses

I was really bummed to learn that the tablet is using an upgraded iPhone OS and not the full blown OS X.
techs1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:43 AM   #14
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by techs1200 View Post
I was really bummed to learn that the tablet is using an upgraded iPhone OS and not the full blown OS X.
It'd be much more badasser if it was an OSX tablet, for sure.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:47 AM   #15
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I'm assuming the tablet is targeted more toward entertainment/news/books.. gaming, internet surfing and reading..

They probably wanted something quick to start up/shut down/low power consumption, hence no need for OS X.. but you never know, I'm sure there'll be an OSX version eventually
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:49 AM   #16
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
I'm assuming the tablet is targeted more toward entertainment/news/books.. gaming, internet surfing and reading..

They probably wanted something quick to start up/shut down/low power consumption, hence no need for OS X.. but you never know, I'm sure there'll be an OSX version eventually
plus, OSX isn't exactly setup for a pure touch interface.

Quote:
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:55 AM   #17
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I wonder if I would get rich by selling butt plugs that are shaped like Steve Jobs?
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:39 AM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Jason Chen:

Beard to baldness ratio is about 1:3, unless you’re talking about the other kind of beard, in which case there are no women here.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:50 AM   #19
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:53 AM   #20
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Definitely. Not gonna be buying it if that's the case. I can't replace my macbook with a larger version of the iPhone.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:09 PM   #21
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Is there a way to look at the footage of Job's announcements during or after the fact? I find it immensely entertaining to watch him preach to the choir, so he always takes chances saying ridiculous things.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:10 PM   #22
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar View Post
Is there a way to look at the footage of Job's announcements during or after the fact? I find it immensely entertaining to watch him preach to the choir, so he always takes chances saying ridiculous things.
I'm sure it sounds like when adults talk on Peanuts.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:08 PM   #23
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Oooo they've sold iPod's to less than .5% of the human population, amazing.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:11 PM   #24
techs1200
Banned

Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:12 PM   #25
techs1200
Banned

iPad baby!
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:12 PM   #26
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

For some reason this looks retarded to me. It just looks like someone photoshopped an iphone to huge proportions and stuck it back in his hands. Almost like something you'd see on The Onion

The only thing that would make it better would be him holding it up to his ear and talking

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
You suck at life.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:14 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Wow... a big iTouch.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:15 PM   #28
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Could the bezel be any friggin larger? It's more bezel than screen!
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:16 PM   #29
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
Could the bezel be any friggin larger? It's more bezel than screen!
But if the Bezel is less than 2 inches, how will the Mactards ever figure out where they are supposed to touch!
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:17 PM   #30
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

and an addendum... Did they really list "PC Software" as a negative of netbooks in his slideshow?

I think someone is a bit disconnected.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
You suck at life.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER