Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:12 AM   #6031
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Dynomax mufflers and chrome tips welded on today. Sounds so much better than stock. Not a big difference until you step into it then it sounds good to me. Outside left tierod end next then hopefully done for awhile.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:43 AM   #6032
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

15% tint all around courtesy of my brother in law. Now I just need to ditch these ugly ****ing wheels and lower it a tad.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2019, 03:09 PM   #6033
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gross, how did you end up with those wheels?
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 11, 2019, 05:13 PM   #6034
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
Gross, how did you end up with those wheels?
They were supposed to be my winter wheels and then I never got new summer tires so I left the all seasons on.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2019, 08:41 AM   #6035
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Worked on my wife's '11 Golf this weekend. New rear wheel bearings, new rear rotors and pads, and new brake fluid. Was a cluster**** from the start. Wife ordered the wheel bearings on Amazon, based on what their system said would fit... However, the hubs/bearings they sent had 32mm holes, the car had 30mm... Had to find them locally, and only Auto Zone carried them and each store only carried one. Went to two stores, got the hubs/bearings, brought them home and found one of them was damaged at the ABS tone ring, so had to find yet another bearing.

Got that sorted, started assembling the brakes, but had to rent a tool to compress the pistons, the usual clamp didn't work. Around the same time, we realized Auto Zone gave us the wrong brake pads, not even VW fitment, so we had to search around for those. A job that should have been a couple hours max took the whole damned day.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:50 AM   #6036
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Took the Golf R to the drag strip since it was a nice, low humidity night. That thing is stupid quick, and I was not expecting the results. First pass was a [email protected], and the 2nd pass was a [email protected] It had some issues after that, so I called it a night. Super happy with the results. Will get the car sorted and head back to see how low it can get.

Old Aug 17, 2019, 05:22 AM   #6037
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What issues?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 07:06 AM   #6038
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
What issues?
Threw a check engine light after the second pass. It was a code P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Low. I cleared the code and drove home, getting on it a few times. It never came back, but further investigation needed.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 03:30 PM   #6039
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Replaced left outer tie rod had four wheel alignment this morning. Some schmuck in a V6 Mustang just would not leave me alone on the highway this morning. I don't race because I don't want a ticket. But this guy just refused to let up. So I smoked him.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:41 PM   #6040
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Threw a check engine light after the second pass. It was a code P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Low. I cleared the code and drove home, getting on it a few times. It never came back, but further investigation needed.
How much fuel was in the tank on the pass?

Could have been the fuel pump was struggling due to heat or something
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Aug 18, 2019, 05:08 PM   #6041
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
How much fuel was in the tank on the pass?

Could have been the fuel pump was struggling due to heat or something
I had exactly half a tank of gas, and it was a decent weather night. It was 75 and 45% humidity.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:40 PM   #6042
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I spent all day Saturday driving the yellow ZO6 around, and it's finally fixed! I drove it to work all week, to cars and coffee Saturday, and then doing things with various friends all day and night. Stoked that it's finally resolved.

About to pull the trigger on some Injector Dynamics ID1050X injectors to get the duty cycle a bit lower and give me some head room for future plans. It's currently at 92% duty cycle. Then it'll need to get re-tuned. Also need new rear tires, which is starting to become a huge pain. The R888R I want is on backorder for the size I need. I considered going all out and putting on a set of 315 Nitto NT05R drag radials, but they are crap in the rain. There's always the Nitto NT01's like I'm running on the track car, but they have very stiff sidewalls. I may swap them onto the yellow car and give it hell on a backroad somewhere and see how they do.

The 1/2 Mile is one month away and the clock is ticking...
Old Aug 19, 2019, 07:32 PM   #6043
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I started the Swift for the first time this year.

Let it run for a bit before shutting it down. Guess I should plate it, try finishing the tuning, and then maybe actually putting it on a Dyno.

That lovely awkward fire, on a 120' crank, gives it such a lumpy sound at idle.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:27 PM   #6044
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I did some tuning and I'm impressed, the gas is non adulterated premium with stabilizer, but she's still got that ugly smell of old gas. So I got to push too much gas and pull timing a bit too much.

So either way I am happy, she pulls in 5th gear with the windows open at 120kph. Yeah yeah, I know big deal, but considering I started with 50ish hp/ftlbs out of 993ccs NA. That's impressive to me. Wants to keep pulling hard past redline.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 08:58 PM   #6045
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

At the drag strip with the Daytona, trying...again, for a 10sec pass. Just need to figure out how to launch the thing. Making progress at least. Taking a break and then back at it.

First pass was 11.83 with a 2.3sec 60ft.

Last few passes were 11.5, 11.6, and 11.5 with 2.1-2.2 60ft.

Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:30 PM   #6046
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Had to replace the battery. It suddenly went kaput yesterday while I was away from home. No advance warning, been fine ever since I bought the car. Luckily I was able to get it jumped and got home. Tested the voltage and it was good. Put a 100A load tester on it and the needle buried all the way into the red, lol

Date on the battery was 11/14 so I was probably on borrowed time for quite a while. Was a Duralast Gold. Got an AutoCraft Gold in it now and all is good.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:31 AM   #6047
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Hit a new personal best with the Daytona at the drag strip on Friday night. Last pass of the night was an [email protected] I was bumping the RPM up slowly all night and a 6k launch brought the 60ft down to 2.095. Still not great, but progress. That RPM got me closer to a launch that didn't bog much. They closed the track down for the night after that pass.

Going back again when the weather is favorable. Still anxious for 10's this year. Will try a bit more RPM on the launch.

Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:58 AM   #6048
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Someone rear ended me this morning, love tap really...

Their 2018 Navigator had no visible damage. Insurance claim already started...
Old Sep 4, 2019, 01:35 PM   #6049
Nunz
RIP Roxen

take it to the dealer to get the work done ..

Old Sep 4, 2019, 01:36 PM   #6050
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:

Old Sep 4, 2019, 01:37 PM   #6051
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

**** I already have an appointment for the 25th, my airbag light has been coming on at random lately
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:25 PM   #6052
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Day off work to repair a few cars and run errands. Picked up a new battery for the Golf R, and will need to code it in the ECU when I get back home. Also got two new rear tires mounted on the yellow ZO6. The 1/2 Mile event is on the 21st, so I'll be signing up today now that the car is ready. Going to start installing the new brake master cylinder on the track car, then it's ready for a track day or two if I can fit it in yet this year.

Then...for the first time in over a year, all the cars will be repaired and good to go!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:29 PM   #6053
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Battery was dead on the R?

My buddy just changed his out too. The touch unlock feature from touching the door handles stopped functioning and he had a couple slow cranks trying to start. He took his to a dealer though, he’s still rocking warranty

He put in the new FMIC and damn it’s a beast. I’m trying to see if I can figure out a way to fit the stock R FMIC to my Subaru
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:13 PM   #6054
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Battery was dead on the R?

My buddy just changed his out too. The touch unlock feature from touching the door handles stopped functioning and he had a couple slow cranks trying to start. He took his to a dealer though, he’s still rocking warranty

He put in the new FMIC and damn it’s a beast. I’m trying to see if I can figure out a way to fit the stock R FMIC to my Subaru
Yeah, on the R...and it was a total **** show.

Once I put the battery in, the horn started going off and wouldn't quit as long as it was connected. I'm sure I really annoyed some neighbors. Apparently, the low voltage from the old battery had triggered the alarm somehow. The problem was, my key also wasn't working...no longer synced with the car. I eventually learned that I could hold the key to the little circular pad behind the wheel and hold the Engine Start button for about 10sec and it cleared the alarm. OK...no more honking. But every light in the car was on and my key was still off and now the dash was showing Imobilization in effect. I tried to re-calibrate the key to the car using the manual lock/unlock method, but it never worked. I eventually tried my second key that was in the house and it worked just fine.

Then, I spent 30min going through all the codes and resetting all the modules in a particular order because certain sensors and functions lost communication and wouldn't reset until the module they talked to was reset first. Then, I could log into the Gateway system and do the coding for the new battery and get it to work nicely with the charging system. Not sure if that would have been an issue...but it's done correctly now either way.

So...my old key doesn't work still, but the car is 100% in working order again. It's possible the battery in the key died at the same time, somehow. Don't know yet.

The electronics in that car are a giant pain in the ass.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 07:30 AM   #6055
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Yeah the push towards high-tech electronics has made cars a pain in the ass in some aspects. Might be worth taking it to a dealer for the battery next time. My buddy had no issues and it’s working great. Could just be the key died too, but that would be strange.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:06 PM   #6056
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah the push towards high-tech electronics has made cars a pain in the ass in some aspects. Might be worth taking it to a dealer for the battery next time. My buddy had no issues and it’s working great. Could just be the key died too, but that would be strange.
I refuse to take a car to a dealer for a battery change, that's ridiculous.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 08:35 PM   #6057
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Did the battery completely die?

If not, there is a thing you put in the cigarette lighter to keep the ECU electrified while
your swap out batteries.

Also, a UPS battery with alligator clips should work also...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 09:16 PM   #6058
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Did the battery completely die?

If not, there is a thing you put in the cigarette lighter to keep the ECU electrified while
your swap out batteries.

Also, a UPS battery with alligator clips should work also...
Battery went low enough that the ECU didn't have enough voltage. I'm aware that there were ways to keep voltage to the ECU, but I took too long finding a battery and the problem was already there. It's not a huge deal, and it'll be a quick job if it happens again. There was just a bit of a learning curve that I didn't anticipate.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 03:35 PM   #6059
Elysian
SCAATSJW

They got back to me on the repair of my rear bumper, $1100 worth of damage, nothing to the frame, just need a new bumper assembly and mounting brackets.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 07:08 PM   #6060
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Bed liner was sprayed yesterday. Next up is the cover. Going to give the liner a few days to make sure it's fully cured before I drop in the cover.

I went with the BAK Revolver this time around, because the tri fold model's paint kept flaking at the fold seems on the old one.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote