Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:42 AM   #3091
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Removed The original NAV unit in the BRZ last night and installed the DNX9990HD I was going to put in the Vette. Love I so far, fits the BRZ well. I'll get a cheaper one to toss in the Vette later.
What didnt you like about the factory unit?
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:53 AM   #3092
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
What didnt you like about the factory unit?
Lower resolution screen, smaller screen, slower, fewer audio options, lesser sound quality, less freedom with watching videos and file support, worse GPS navigation and options for it, etc etc.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:44 AM   #3093
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All done

Gauges working

New splitter

Dyno tune results. 11 = new, 08 = cam/headers, and 01 = stock
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 15, 2013, 08:24 AM   #3094
hogfish2k
Radeon R700

hogfish2k is still being judged by the masses

Well done Adam!

Now that I've seen you're work/results, you can come bump up the power on my LS2. Let me know when you're available

But seriously, you should be proud.
hogfish2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 04:21 PM   #3095
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Finally had some time to spend cleaning the engine bay of the ZO6. Cleanest it's been in a very long time. Still needs work, but it's a good start. Also, managed to get the fuel rail covers to mostly fit back on.

Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:13 PM   #3096
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish2k View Post
Well done Adam!

Now that I've seen you're work/results, you can come bump up the power on my LS2. Let me know when you're available

But seriously, you should be proud.
Thank you. It took me a couple of months doing it. Mostly waiting on stuff. It's back together again and running better than before.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:27 PM   #3097
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
Ported heads with new dual valve springs and ceramic coated headers are on.
Why port but no polish?
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:15 PM   #3098
AdamK47
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
Why port but no polish?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylinde...ishing.22_myth
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:41 PM   #3099
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Got the car ready for Mid America Motorplex coming up next weekend.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 07:52 PM   #3100
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
Ah cool, didn't know that:

This is similar to what the dimples on a golf ball do. Flow bench testing shows that the difference between a mirror finished intake port and a rough textured port is typically less than 1%.

Good man for doing your research.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 09:20 AM   #3101
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Woah, how hard did she hit you? Awful lot of damage for a traffic collision.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 09:28 AM   #3102
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

changed the oil and the filter in the van. god damn vans are a bitch to work on
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 09:54 AM   #3103
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Woah, how hard did she hit you? Awful lot of damage for a traffic collision.
The Nissan looks pretty good, that Scion looks like it disintegrated

I drove the Pathfinder a bunch yesterday, picking up a washing machine and an 8' x 28" work bench.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:02 PM   #3104
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Getting a compression and leak down test done on the ZO6. Double checking everything before taking it to the drag strip for the first time since the motor build. Headed there on Friday.

Plugs looked good with minor signs of running a bit rich.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:39 PM   #3105
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Getting a compression and leak down test done on the ZO6. Double checking everything before taking it to the drag strip for the first time since the motor build. Headed there on Friday.

How many miles on it? Did you perform a good break-in this time?
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 01:19 PM   #3106
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 01:56 PM   #3107
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Headed there on Friday.
And then bringing the BRZ back on Saturday and Sunday?

I should land at MAM around 6PM on Friday to drop off the car and get teched.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 02:09 PM   #3108
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Drove the Pathfinder to work, my Golf won't shift out of first. Solenoids have been showing signs of failing for a while, today they just gave up. I don't know that I want to replace a $300 part if I'm planning on manual swapping.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 03:07 PM   #3109
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
And then bringing the BRZ back on Saturday and Sunday?

I should land at MAM around 6PM on Friday to drop off the car and get teched.
I wish!! All of my friends will be there on Friday. I can't go because my brother is in the states from Korea. One will be driving a caged Bug eye Sprite, black Mazda Speed 3, an Evo X, an outrageous 3000GT VR4 race car (we call it Bonzai), etc. Not sure who else is going.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Sep 16, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 05:58 PM   #3110
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
changed the oil and the filter in the van. god damn vans are a bitch to work on
my sister keeps saying she needs to get oil changes for both her and her husband's vehicles... i'm going to offer to do hers but his astro can go somewhere that has a lift or a pit
Old Sep 16, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3111
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Found the N88, N89, and N92 solenoids I need for my Golf for $140. Much better than I was expecting. Will do filter and transmission oil at the same time.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:16 AM   #3112
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Found the N88, N89, and N92 solenoids I need for my Golf for $140. Much better than I was expecting. Will do filter and transmission oil at the same time.
What. Thought yours was a manual. Anyways, isn't it the 09a transmission? The filter isn't serviceable if so.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:33 AM   #3113
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
What. Thought yours was a manual. Anyways, isn't it the 09a transmission? The filter isn't serviceable if so.
Mine's never been a manual We've talked about the Tiptronic stuff before.

Just saw the note on IDParts about the transmission having to be removed to change the filter. Lame.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 05:43 PM   #3114
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Went to a local boneyard and grabbed the entire steering rack, pitman arm, upper control arms (including ball joints) and engine side wiring harness for the Pathfinder for 200 pulled.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:06 PM   #3115
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

put this on the window

Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:26 AM   #3116
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
I wish!! All of my friends will be there on Friday. I can't go because my brother is in the states from Korea. One will be driving a caged Bug eye Sprite, black Mazda Speed 3, an Evo X, an outrageous 3000GT VR4 race car (we call it Bonzai), etc. Not sure who else is going.
Looks like there are two FRS's signed up for the MAM NASA event.. Could use a BRZ.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:02 AM   #3117
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Tried to replace the steering on my Pathfinder last night... Got the old stuff off (it was well trashed), tried to put the new parts on, turns out the 93+ Pathfinder's tie rods/pitman arm got larger diameter tapered sleeves, they won't fit in my hubs or my pitman... So doing my research, there's a company in Dallas that modifies the stock center link with spherical bushings where the pitman and idler arm attach, and they give a discount for extra spares. So I have a spare and a core and can get that done for $200. Benefits are that it makes the steering much sharper, also means the tie rods and ball joints all last longer because there is a lot less slop in the front end. So I'll be doing that soon.

Also broke my 2.5ft breaker bar trying to get the pitman arm nut off... Gonna have to get some penetrating oil and possibly a torch
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:43 PM   #3118
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
put this on the window

What the hell is that from? That's the name of the guy that hacked my Steam account before and he set my avatar to that, I still have that as my avatar just because I'm too lazy to change it. It's some clan for one of the games on Steam.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 02:06 PM   #3119
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
What the hell is that from? That's the name of the guy that hacked my Steam account before and he set my avatar to that, I still have that as my avatar just because I'm too lazy to change it. It's some clan for one of the games on Steam.
rly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:21 PM   #3120
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yeah I read that after I posted. Forgot I was on the internet.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote