Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 23, 2017, 05:19 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Clan request sent. I'm just getting started, and got to the point I can do MP. Gonna play some with a buddy tonight, and hopefully start progressing towards being relevant.

This game is a blast so far.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:21 AM   #272
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Apparently Bungie implemented a hidden xp modifier that penalizes you for playing the game too much, as much as a -95% penalty to xp gain, but the UI lies to you and tells you that you are getting the full 100% xp. Discovered by a redditor (link to post)

"tl;dr – If you earn XP slow, the in game display is correct. If you play normally, the game drops some XP (~ 50%). If you power-grind XP the game will drop most of your XP (in testing, I managed to lose ~95% of the XP during an ‘enemies moving against each other’ event)"

If it were a straight up bonus/penalty system (for eg. some MMOs have "rest xp bonus" for not playing the game in a while) this probably wouldn't look as bad, but seeing it's a hidden system, and one in which UI is intentionally lying about your XP gain makes this look shady. Speculation is that it's done to incentivize the purchase of silver lootboxes by making the player tired of grinding.

That post also has some ppl saying the microtransaction fireteam token suffers from this penalty and is illegal behavior (false advertising) - though I didn't buy the game yet so I'm not familiar with the terminology.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 01:45 PM   #273
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Apparently Bungie implemented a hidden xp modifier that penalizes you for playing the game too much, as much as a -95% penalty to xp gain, but the UI lies to you and tells you that you are getting the full 100% xp. Discovered by a redditor (link to post)

"tl;dr – If you earn XP slow, the in game display is correct. If you play normally, the game drops some XP (~ 50%). If you power-grind XP the game will drop most of your XP (in testing, I managed to lose ~95% of the XP during an ‘enemies moving against each other’ event)"

If it were a straight up bonus/penalty system (for eg. some MMOs have "rest xp bonus" for not playing the game in a while) this probably wouldn't look as bad, but seeing it's a hidden system, and one in which UI is intentionally lying about your XP gain makes this look shady. Speculation is that it's done to incentivize the purchase of silver lootboxes by making the player tired of grinding.

That post also has some ppl saying the microtransaction fireteam token suffers from this penalty and is illegal behavior (false advertising) - though I didn't buy the game yet so I'm not familiar with the terminology.
Interesting. Even if you got the right amount of XP the only thing you get for XP are bright engrams and they only give cosmetic items. So it would never affect the gameplay. But since bright engrams are linked to the only way to pay for things in the game people will make a big deal about it. They should though cause artificially hiding how much XP that is earned is pretty shady.

It makes no sense to play Destiny more than a couple of nights a week though. Once the week resets and you get all the powerful engrams you can get theres no point in playing anymore cause theres no way to level your gear. The game is artificially progression limited in that sense. It will probably take about a month of getting on every tuesday night and getting better gear to get fully maxed and about half that time if youre doing the whole 2 character thing.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 25, 2017, 02:46 AM   #274
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

The pvp and raid are the most boring things in the game

I just do them for the engrams

Its a fps game and 90% of the time I just go around doing mechanics in the raid. Which idiot thought of that. I want to shoot stuff in an fps not play whack a mole

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2017, 07:21 PM   #275
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Started playing this recently. I haven't finished the "story" yet. Most of the dialogue is grade A garbage and it makes it somewhat hard to enjoy for me.

Combat is okay, but it's quite predictable in delivery. Gets fairly intense in some situations but also grindy when a large boss comes out.

There is quite a bit of walking over large and empty spaces to get to mission areas and I find that part quite boring. It's offset somewhat by the nice colorful environments. Apparently you can't get a vehicle very easily in this game?

I have to gain 3 levels to do the next story quest, so I guess I'll be doing side adventures for a few hours.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2017, 07:27 PM   #276
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I finally hit power lvl 280, and beat the main story. I think I got my bike at lvl 20, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'm almost raid ready now, but apparently you have to do those with a minimum of three players.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:35 PM   #277
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I finally hit power lvl 280, and beat the main story. I think I got my bike at lvl 20, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'm almost raid ready now, but apparently you have to do those with a minimum of three players.
For Raid you need 6 players or you are toast.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 04:22 AM   #278
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

I am PL 324. Loving the game as it is very casual friendly, even the raids! Though you really need voice communication. PvP is fun, not counting the weapon bug.

Overall, I am enjoying this as a go to game for quick fix rather than frustration land that is Overwatch.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 02:30 PM   #279
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
I am PL 324. Loving the game as it is very casual friendly, even the raids! Though you really need voice communication. PvP is fun, not counting the weapon bug.

Overall, I am enjoying this as a go to game for quick fix rather than frustration land that is Overwatch.
Agreed. It's very easy to pop in, do a few missions, get some loot, and pop out when you're tight on time. I haven't been able to raid yet but hopefully I can get in on one someday (our guild isn't big enough or online enough to do it in-house).
Jet Black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 04:06 AM   #280
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Agreed. It's very easy to pop in, do a few missions, get some loot, and pop out when you're tight on time. I haven't been able to raid yet but hopefully I can get in on one someday (our guild isn't big enough or online enough to do it in-house).
You can easily get a raid during peak hours through the fireteam search on bungie.net or the mobile companion app.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:01 AM   #281
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
You can easily get a raid during peak hours through the fireteam search on bungie.net or the mobile companion app.
I keep forgetting about the mobile app. I don't understand why they wouldn't implement some of those LFG posts into the game itself... Love the game but wish the UI and MMO aspects had been given a nice PC coat of paint.
Jet Black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 05:37 PM   #282
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Which strike is best?

the "single player" was poor :/

Last edited by nutcrackr : Dec 12, 2017 at 05:53 PM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 03:56 AM   #283
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Which strike is best?

the "single player" was poor :/
They are random. I just do Heroic Strikes and usually take 10 to 20 minutes per strike. Pretty chill.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 08:12 PM   #284
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Anyone else still playing this? I've got my warlock and titan at lvl 320+.

I do all the weekly stuff so there might even be some engrams for our clan waiting for you guys that are in it.

I'm pretty much locked out of the end game stuff, because that requires an active clan. There's always plenty of people playing for pub events and strikes, but when I look for active clans, they are few and far between.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 08:17 PM   #285
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

It's the same thing over and over again it's pretty boring after awhile. I haven't even touched the DLC even though I own it.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:15 PM   #286
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Enjoyed the first one and own the second with DLC and I have hardly played it, guess I’m not feeling it this time around.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2018, 05:19 PM   #287
Mickey Padge
Radeon R700

Mickey Padge is still being judged by the masses

Nothing seems wrong with the game up until you hit 330+ and finish most the content, then all the "loot" becomes duplicates and the shallow, watered down game starts to become clearer, and it gets very, very dull.

Destiny 1 gripped me for three years, with its well executed loot system, varying character classes/builds, progression and gameplay, Destiny 2 held my attention for around three months.

Destiny two wasn't a true sequel, it was a reboot nobody asked for, shame.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 03:02 PM   #288
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Joined another clan since ours is dead.

I have no idea why, but I still love playing this game.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 04:42 PM   #289
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Not sure why I have not played this one but a few hours.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:30 PM   #290
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Padge View Post
Nothing seems wrong with the game up until you hit 330+ and finish most the content, then all the "loot" becomes duplicates and the shallow, watered down game starts to become clearer, and it gets very, very dull.

Destiny 1 gripped me for three years, with its well executed loot system, varying character classes/builds, progression and gameplay, Destiny 2 held my attention for around three months.

Destiny two wasn't a true sequel, it was a reboot nobody asked for, shame.
I played close to 300 hours of Destiny. This one I played barely for 30. I don’t even know if the expansion 2 that I already paid for got released or not.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:33 PM   #291
Mickey Padge
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I played close to 300 hours of Destiny. This one I played barely for 30. I don’t even know if the expansion 2 that I already paid for got released or not.
Only Curse of Osiris so far, and that was dull....
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:17 PM   #292
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

New expansion is due out next month.

They're also talking about some sort of random drops so those that like to grind for god rolls. Along with weapon spot changes being talked about. Rumors are that they're going to add a special weapon slot for shotguns and pulse rifles.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:45 PM   #293
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Two words. Warframe.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:55 PM   #294
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Destiny 2 is pretty disappointing. They didn't need to do much with the graphics or art work.. Its basically an expansion of Destiny.

So I am not sure where all the time went into building this game.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:40 AM   #295
Mickey Padge
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
Destiny 2 is pretty disappointing. They didn't need to do much with the graphics or art work.. Its basically an expansion of Destiny.

So I am not sure where all the time went into building this game.
Destiny 2 is the very opposite of an expansion!

Nothing was expanded, loads was removed, watered down, over simplified, neutered, deleted, and curtailed etc....

But you get ledge grab and faster map travel....
Old May 16, 2018, 06:56 PM   #296
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

It says local chat is for players in an activity. Just wanted to be sure about this, so you can't have chat with anyone just hanging around who have not joined any group right?
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 07:37 PM   #297
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
It says local chat is for players in an activity. Just wanted to be sure about this, so you can't have chat with anyone just hanging around who have not joined any group right?
You can join general chat now if you're in the city or other public areas. I never bother with it, so I don't know how active it is.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:23 PM   #298
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I signed up for the Humble Monthly to get this for cheap cheap.

I have a lot of coworkers that play this together on the consoles. After playing it on PC for about an hour, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want to like it, but I think I have to pretend I'm 16 years old in order to do so. It's not childish humor or anything... it's more in the way the first scenes are presented and the weird, yet linear way the levels are designed.

I know that there's a lot more to explore once I get out of this first bit, but part of me wants to go back to Unreal 2's SP campaign to get a sanity check.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2018, 03:02 AM   #299
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I signed up for the Humble Monthly to get this for cheap cheap.

I have a lot of coworkers that play this together on the consoles. After playing it on PC for about an hour, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want to like it, but I think I have to pretend I'm 16 years old in order to do so. It's not childish humor or anything... it's more in the way the first scenes are presented and the weird, yet linear way the levels are designed.

I know that there's a lot more to explore once I get out of this first bit, but part of me wants to go back to Unreal 2's SP campaign to get a sanity check.
The single player campaign feels, in retrospect, like a tour of the battlefield. Once finished, now you know the characters and the world, hopefully you'll be invested enough to keep playing.

I treated it like a reasonable single player campaign to stomp through and move on from. It's got some flashes of good stuff, but it's a far cry from what Bungie used to do with the Halo games.
Old May 20, 2018, 08:19 AM   #300
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
The single player campaign feels, in retrospect, like a tour of the battlefield. Once finished, now you know the characters and the world, hopefully you'll be invested enough to keep playing.

I treated it like a reasonable single player campaign to stomp through and move on from. It's got some flashes of good stuff, but it's a far cry from what Bungie used to do with the Halo games.
So is this (and the first one) worth playing for the SP campaign? I've had the urge to check it out, but after reading tons of mixed comments I'm hesitating...