Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:00 PM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Thanks to Zen 3, AMD’s Ryzen 4000 chips could run four threads per core

https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...eads-per-core/

4950x 16 core / 64 thread
poor Intel

………….

Quote:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Might Be Available Without Stock Cooler
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ler,40500.html
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 06:01 AM   #362
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

is there any guide on how to use ryzen master software for ryzen 3000? the tweaking interface is confusing for me. Is it even worth it using that software?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 02:47 PM   #363
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
is there any guide on how to use ryzen master software for ryzen 3000? the tweaking interface is confusing for me. Is it even worth it using that software?
Agreed it's very confusing when I tried to use it to tweak my Ryzen 2000. If you want a universal overclock just use the BIOS. I just use the software for monitoring purposes now.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:27 AM   #364
howard stern
Radeon Northern Islands

howard stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhoward stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default AMD Ryzen CPUs to Get Plenty of Microcode Improvements

i thought we were done with performance tweaks.

https://www.techpowerup.com/259795/a...e-improvements
howard stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2019, 01:04 PM   #365
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Gigabyte Ryzen overclockers guide

https://www.gigabyte.com/FileUpload/...le/548/988.pdf

they have the 3950x with all 16 cores at 4.3ghz

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 02:37 PM   #366
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

I've had my 2700 for six months or so and very happy with it coming from a quad core 7700K even though the IPC is less. I'll wait until Zen 3 comes along and if it's still AM4 socket I might buy it otherwise I'll get a 3800X instead. Happy chappy.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 01:36 AM   #367
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
I've had my 2700 for six months or so and very happy with it coming from a quad core 7700K even though the IPC is less. I'll wait until Zen 3 comes along and if it's still AM4 socket I might buy it otherwise I'll get a 3800X instead. Happy chappy.
Recent news confirmed that zen 3 is still on am4, zen 4 is the complete socket change with ddr5 and maybe pcie5.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 06:24 PM   #368
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Recent news confirmed that zen 3 is still on am4, zen 4 is the complete socket change with ddr5 and maybe pcie5.
Zen 3 or Zen 2+? The 4000 series will certainly still be AM4, but that is supposed to just be a minor refresh, similar to 1000 to 2000 series.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:29 PM   #369
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Zen 3 or Zen 2+? The 4000 series will certainly still be AM4, but that is supposed to just be a minor refresh, similar to 1000 to 2000 series.
Yes but on amd roadmap it's codenamed zen 3, doesn't matter if it a refresh or something new, that's why we call it as such.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 02:44 PM   #370
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
AMD roadmap suggests Zen 4 CPUs will require new processor socket in 2021
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-4-cpu-new-socket-2021

I think it is good for zen 3 in 2020 but that will be the last one

i'll most likely hold on to the 3800x till 2021 and zen 4 to upgrade
Old Oct 10, 2019, 04:26 PM   #371
Gregor976
Radeon R520

Gregor976 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGregor976 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
The chiplet L3/ccx unification alone on Zen 3 is a more significant change than the process shrink/tweaked memory controller differences between zen and zen+. Zen 3 will also get a process tweak with 7nm+.

I'm loving am4. My 3700x upgrade was only $104 after selling the 2700x (used for about a year) on ebay. I'm definitely seeing a 4700x or even a 4950x in this system's future.

Last edited by Gregor976 : Oct 10, 2019 at 05:21 PM.
Gregor976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2019, 01:01 AM   #372
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If the rumor is true.. X399 users are getting shafted. :-\

No 7nm Zen for X399 it seems.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 03:07 AM   #373
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
If the rumor is true.. X399 users are getting shafted. :-\

No 7nm Zen for X399 it seems.
too late we were already shafted

got it for the pcie lanes for SLI or CFX and those were killed right after I bought it

and with the 3900x and the coming 3950x and pcie 4.0 what is the point of TR for gaming ?
they go 32 core TR and they will cut into epyc

I plan on replacing my x399 with a 16 core zen 4 on the new am5 socket most likely with pcie 5.0
Old Oct 11, 2019, 09:54 AM   #374
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
too late we were already shafted

got it for the pcie lanes for SLI or CFX and those were killed right after I bought it

and with the 3900x and the coming 3950x and pcie 4.0 what is the point of TR for gaming ?
they go 32 core TR and they will cut into epyc

I plan on replacing my x399 with a 16 core zen 4 on the new am5 socket most likely with pcie 5.0
They plan on releasing 16-64 core Threadrippers just not on X399. Its just stupid they could have at least made X399 compatible with up to say 32 core on the 3rd Gen TR stuff.

My guess is, its a BIOS issue.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:59 AM   #375
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
They plan on releasing 16-64 core Threadrippers just not on X399. Its just stupid they could have at least made X399 compatible with up to say 32 core on the 3rd Gen TR stuff.

My guess is, its a BIOS issue.
a 16-64 core on am4 just makes TR less needed
too much overlap

so my 550 buck zenith extreme ended up a bad buy
Old Oct 11, 2019, 03:43 PM   #376
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

B550 boards are in the retail channels now, at least in pre-builts.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #377
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Rumor : AMD Zen 3 Delivers 8%+ IPC & 200Mhz Higher Clock vs Zen 2
https://wccftech.com/amd-zen-3-to-de...mors-indicate/