Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:06 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

Default Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition (17.12.1) released

Teaser trailer to get your heart pounding:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wozm...ature=youtu.be
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 04:03 PM   #2
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
But here we are in 2017 with December only hours away and finally we have word on the next iteration of Radeon Software: Radeon Software Adrenelin. What does it bring to the table? Apparently ‘Empowering Gamers and Enriching the Visual Experience’. My hope is we finally see Vega running flat out with everything fully functional, we’re looking at you Draw Stream Binning Rasterizer. If DSBR is fully enabled, we could be looking at a sizeable performance boost and power consumption drop. Time will tell and we will too once we can conduct our own tests.

https://wccftech.com/amd-announces-r...dition-coming/

if true I'll take another look at vega
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:16 PM   #3
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 17.12.1 -- released

https://www.techpowerup.com/download...phics-drivers/

Radeon Settings
  • Added new Connect tab which houses new social engagement features.
  • Added new Gallery tab for Radeon ReLive recording file management, video trimming, and social platform sharing functionality.
  • Added new Accounts tab to connect ReLive content and upload sharing to social platforms
  • Added new Resource Center tab highlighting informative guides and instructions for Radeon Software features.
  • Added new Performance Monitoring tab.
  • Added three UI themes for Radeon Settings customization.
  • Added new AMD Link tab to connect Radeon Settings to the AMD Link mobile application. For more information on AMD Link visit here.
Radeon Overlay
  • Added new Overlay feature (default ALT+R) allowing management of certain Radeon Settings features while in-game or on desktop such as Radeon ReLive, Radeon FreeSync, Radeon Chill, Frame Rate Target Control, Display Color, and Performance Monitoring.
  • Added performance monitoring overlay to display system performance metrics in DirectX 9, 11, 12, and Vulkan applications.
  • Added performance logging feature to save performance metrics to a file.
Radeon ReLive
  • Further optimized for lower FPS overhead while using Radeon ReLive for recording. (RS-198)
  • Added support for Vulkan API.
  • Added support for Eyefinity.
  • Added support for borderless window region capture.
  • Added support for mouse button hotkeys.
  • Added chat and viewer count overlay for Radeon ReLive live streaming to supported platforms.
  • Added Chroma Key support to allow background transparency when using a webcam.
  • Now supports expanded social platforms.
  • Now supports separate microphone and audio track recording.
Radeon Chill
  • Radeon Chill now has expanded support for most game titles.
Enhanced Sync
  • Added support for all GCN-based Radeon graphics products.
  • Added support Multi-GPU configurations.
  • Added support for Eyefinity configurations.
Radeon WattMan
  • Added new profile functionality to save and load user defined Radeon WattMan profile configurations to local hard disk.
Frame Rate Target Control
Radeon FreeSync
  • Added support for HDR10 titles with Radeon FreeSync2 displays.
  • Added per-application Radeon FreeSync support.
Resolved Issues
  • OverWatch may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
  • Netflix playback in a browser or via UWP application may experience stutter.
  • After recording with Radeon ReLive GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states.
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins may experience bright or saturated lighting in cave missions.
  • Mass Effect Andromeda may have issues enabling HDR10 on an HDR capable display.
  • Forza Horizon 3 may experience corruption on rocks or foliage during gameplay.
  • Halo Wars 2 may experience a crash on game launch.
  • Enabling HBCC on Radeon RX Vega in multi GPU system configurations may cause the secondary graphics card to be hidden in Radeon Settings until reboot.
  • Resizing the Radeon Settings window may cause the UI to restart or hang with HBCC enabled.
Known Issues
  • Upgrading Radeon Software with Radeon RX Vega series graphics products in multi GPU on X99 chipsets may cause system instability after reboot.
  • Radeon Settings may experience a hang when enabling AMD CrossFire with three or more graphics products.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may hang if enabled when cycling display power off and on.
  • Trimming videos may fail to create a thumbnail if the video contains non-English characters.
  • 3x1 display configurations may experience instability during Eyefinity creation or during gaming.
  • The "Reset" function in Radeon Settings for Display, ReLive, and Video may not work as intended when using Radeon Settings in certain regional languages.
  • Radeon WattMan may intermittently fail to load profiles for Radeon RX Vega on the global Radeon Wattman page.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider may experience an intermittent application hang during gameplay.
  • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
  • The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:19 PM   #4
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

beat me by 53"
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:45 PM   #5
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:52 PM   #6
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Features & Benchmarks Leaked – Delivers Up To 19% Performance Uplift
Quote:
The new driver is expected to come out within the week
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-soft...drenalin-leak/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:52 PM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Pretty impressive release. Chocked full of options.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 01:03 PM   #8
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looking forward to global Radeon Chill. Worked great in games that supported it like Fallout 4.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 04:02 PM   #9
Talon_262
Lurker Supreme

Talon_262 once held a door open for a complete strangerTalon_262 once held a door open for a complete strangerTalon_262 once held a door open for a complete strangerTalon_262 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
It's already up...snagged it myself a bit ago.
Talon_262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 05:42 PM   #10
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

NWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird sings

I snagged them. Love the new monitoring app. Works great using my tablet to monitor the GPU.

Only messed around in Rainbow Six Siege for a bit and did 3dmark benchmark.
doesn't seem to hit the same core clock speeds (about 30 Mhz lower) , but has higher frame rate it seems. Also frame time seems better. (part of the latency fix they talked about??)

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 05:47 PM   #11
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Good to hear about rx 480 perf improvements. Happy to hear that relive has less overhead, although right now I don't even notice when it's enabled.

will be trying these tonight, probably go for a full uninstall.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 07:18 PM   #12
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

when using enhanced vsync, vsync in-game needs to be off?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 07:35 PM   #13
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

NWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Not sure, I have freesync, so I haven't touched enhanced sync.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Dec 12, 2017, 09:13 PM   #14
Bitey
Radeon Evergreen

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

Angry

Quote:
3x1 display configurations may experience instability during Eyefinity creation or during gaming
and by instabilty they mean your computer will hardlock running any 3d game....Andrenalin edition, seems very appropriate because my anger and andrenaline are peaking right now.

Any 3x1 eyefinty users be cautious but let us know how you go if you try

back to 17.11.4, though I might go back to 17.11.3 as that is the last driver that could reliably detect all monitors.
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 01:11 AM   #15
DarkFoss
Radeon R700

DarkFoss is still being judged by the masses

**Edited**
Sorry looks to have been a corrupted download or an install gone sideways.. Can anyone remind me why AMD doesn't include a SHA256 or better with their downloads and/or posted with the release notes? It's dead simple to use Windows powershell Get-FileHash command to generate numbers to compare.
HTML Code:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.utility/get-filehash?view=powershell-5.1
Code:
PS C:\Users\darkf\Downloads\AMD\17.12> Get-FileHash win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-17.12.1-dec11.exe

Algorithm       Hash                                                                   Path
---------       ----                                                                   ----
SHA256          04C2A3431A44AB9557E0B3117C30ACD0507656FBFA0EDFB13FF149E83190B01B       C:\Users\darkf\Downloads\AMD\...
Video playback is still hot garbage too that incessant video/audio pause EVERY 2 seconds that also freezes the mouse. Present in every driver since 17.9.3 only the cycle's timing is different some drivers are 3-4 seconds as well as the duration varying to some degree.

In the new performance monitor tab there is a Sampling Interval slider the default monitoring is 2 if I slide it to the left to 1 the video/audio playback hitches every second and the duration of the pause is correspondingly short. Sliding it all the way to the right to 10 the pauses happen every 9-10 seconds and the duration of the hitches also lengthens as well as increasing the amount of time the cursor remains "paused".

It turns out if I toggle Power Efficiency to off on my main card makes the audio glitches stop and the visual glitching is almost imperceptible. Mainly shows if the camera is panning on a scene, without the audio cue you really have to be looking for it. I also noticed that under Settings>Apps&Features>Video Playback I toggled Automatically process video to enhance it to off default was on. Now from Radeon Settings video if I use either the Enhanced radio button or custom with just Fluid Motion Video to on. Playback is fine so far with the Win 10 netflix app and Chrome Xfinity streaming,Netflix and Amazon prime video as long as just use these settings. I haven't tried Firefox or Edge yet.

I managed to crash The Talos Principle vulkan benchmark when I tried to enable the overlay..Turns out disabling steam's overlay in the game properties fixes it.

I noticed some AtiRecord errors that were .net related in the events viewer. Turns out with the creator's update I only had 4.7 installed..fixed that through the control panel Programs>Programs and features -left pane-Turn Windows features on and off checked the rest of the boxes for older .net support no further AtiRecord errors.. did this before installing the re-downloaded drivers.
This fixed the inputmapper hid guardian related error as well that I was seeing

Other than the above I really like these new drivers/features.
Still had 1 instance of the Windows menu stop responding(left click). I had to reboot then log in out and back in again in order to clear it.

Last edited by DarkFoss : Dec 18, 2017 at 12:56 PM. Reason: probably corrupted download updated info
DarkFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 06:42 AM   #16
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Hardwood is still being judged by the masses

Seems to be working just fine here.
R6Seige is NOT having problems with explosions.
The overlay is almost as good as afterburner, maybe better in some ways i.e. it works, but needs opacity/background adjustment. I just tried it on R6S and it showed gpu util as 0% while playing and recording with relive which also worked really well.
Eyefinity setup properly, no crashes, no muss, no fuss.
I'm pretty darn impressed here.

Good Job AMD
<---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer #2) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K), Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer#3) GA-MA790FX, AMD 955, Thermaltake 550w, ASUS HD5870, Win10pro x86
Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:42 AM   #17
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Not sure, I have freesync, so I haven't touched enhanced sync.
haha! Guess I don't understand sync options!
I have a Freesync2 monitor, with freesync enabled on it;
the driver shows Freesync is On under Display menu;
Vsync is off in-game.

Now, what should I put 'Wait for Vertical Refresh' to? Always off, or Enhanced Sync? Thanks!!

rms
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:27 AM   #18
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rms View Post
haha! Guess I don't understand sync options!
I have a Freesync2 monitor, with freesync enabled on it;
the driver shows Freesync is On under Display menu;
Vsync is off in-game.

Now, what should I put 'Wait for Vertical Refresh' to? Always off, or Enhanced Sync? Thanks!!

rms
Since you have a FreeSync 2 monitor. If I were you. I'd turn off "Wait for Vertical Refresh" and turned on FreeSync and of course, as well as you should ensure your monitor to enabled Freesync in its own menu.

For non-Freesync users. Use either v-sync or Enhanced Sync, or disabled...

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:33 AM   #19
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Yep. You got it. Just turn off v-sync in game menu and then turn on enhanced sync in Adrenalin panel. That's it.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:56 AM   #20
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Since you have a FreeSync 2 monitor. If I were you. I'd turn off "Wait for Vertical Refresh" and turned on FreeSync and of course, as well as you should ensure your monitor to enabled Freesync in its own menu.

For non-Freesync users. Use either v-sync or Enhanced Sync, or disabled...
I would like to add, they recommend limiting your max frame rate to your max freesync fps range, otherwise you will have stutter etc when you go above/outside of the freesync range your monitor supports.

Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:29 PM   #21
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Yep. You got it. Just turn off v-sync in game menu and then turn on enhanced sync in Adrenalin panel. That's it.
thx
Old Dec 14, 2017, 07:01 AM   #22
Falck
Radeon R420

Falck is still being judged by the masses

I think I might have a bug.

Whenever my screen goes sleeping I see that the power draw of my Vega goes up on the tach to around 40%, anyone else having this issue? It goes back down when I activate the screen again.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 08:45 AM   #23
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Hardwood is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Love the new monitoring app. Works great using my tablet to monitor the GPU.
What?? I thought I saw that but can't find it again. HELP please?
<---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer #2) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K), Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer#3) GA-MA790FX, AMD 955, Thermaltake 550w, ASUS HD5870, Win10pro x86
Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 01:00 PM   #24
V1per
Radeon R200

V1per is still being judged by the masses

Love the new features, but I don't have a FreeSync monitor so I have to go into each game profile and manually disable it? or does AMD optimized know I don't have a one?

Why no global disable?
AMD FX8350 Black Edition @ 4.2GHz, Hyper 212 EVO, XFX Radeon RX 480 GTR Black Edition 8GB @ 1370/2150, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series @ 1866, X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2.0, SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD, EVGA SuperNova 220-G2-XR 80 Plus Gold 850 Watts, NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Controller, CM Storm Sniper Mid Tower Case, Windows 10 Pro x64
V1per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 02:52 PM   #25
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Just wondering if anyone tried this driver with the new agesa 1007 F10 bios from Gigabyte yet. Any issues?

Theres also new Ryzen chipset drivers out. 17.40

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...%2010%20-%2064

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 05:26 PM   #26
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Installed them and everything seems to work fine here, old and new games but i didn't tested all my games.
Btw didn't enhanced sync work in all GCN GPU's? I can't seem to find the option on my end, i have a R9 270X (GCN 1.0).
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 06:23 PM   #27
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Mixed bag with these drivers TBH. They wouldn't run the Heaven or Valley benchmark (with overlay on) and had to soft reset both times. That then seemed to bork Radeon settings completely as it reported my HBM2 as 800mhz and I had to over clock it to 945 and my scores were way down.

I had done a clean install so I booted into safemode and uninstalled using the latest version of DDU and then reinstalled. All my games, with the overlay on seem fine, temps are good and averages are there or thereabouts as are the minimums. The high fps are now nearer to my freesync monitor of 144hz whereas in some games withe the 17.11.4's they were much higher. I presume this is radeon chill at work. Gameplay is very smooth so not to concerned.

I'm not too bothered about benchmarks so as long as they work in my games I'll keep them.
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 08:54 PM   #28
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
http://www.amd.com/amdlink
Old Dec 14, 2017, 09:18 PM   #29
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
It is on the HOME screen of the AMD settings, bottom button says "AMD Link". Click on it, and you have to add the device (download the app for android from Play store, or apple store for Apple).

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Dec 14, 2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 09:21 PM   #30
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Mixed bag with these drivers TBH. They wouldn't run the Heaven or Valley benchmark (with overlay on) and had to soft reset both times. That then seemed to bork Radeon settings completely as it reported my HBM2 as 800mhz and I had to over clock it to 945 and my scores were way down.

I had done a clean install so I booted into safemode and uninstalled using the latest version of DDU and then reinstalled. All my games, with the overlay on seem fine, temps are good and averages are there or thereabouts as are the minimums. The high fps are now nearer to my freesync monitor of 144hz whereas in some games withe the 17.11.4's they were much higher. I presume this is radeon chill at work. Gameplay is very smooth so not to concerned.

I'm not too bothered about benchmarks so as long as they work in my games I'll keep them.
Some benchmark programs don't play well with overlays, even MSI afterburner/RivaTurner is hit and miss, specially after driver updates.

Did you reboot after install? Have had that 800 Mhz memory reading every driver with Vega when I don't reboot. Just reboot should correct it.

Chill has nothing to do with increasing your Frame rate, It is about keeping temps down and using less power, not increasing performance. However, it says Chill is on by default, but mine was default off, which is where I left it.

edit: Always, Always do DDU with a major driver update/change like this, Never just install over the top of previous drivers.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Dec 14, 2017 at 09:27 PM.