Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:07 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Witcher : The epic TV series

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...ix-the-witcher

"The novels spawned a critically acclaimed series of video games as well as graphic novels, board games, and a 13-episode Polish television series in 2002. The first stories were published in the 1980s in the Polish science fiction magazine Fantastyka. The latest novel, called Season of Storms, was released in 2013. There were previous reports the series would have a movie adaptation, but that seems to have been scrapped in favor of a TV series instead"

She did daredevil and the defenders, so I guess we will see.
I wish cdpr had a hand in it..
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:27 PM   #2
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Netflix has been dragging this idea around for some time now, not sure what's taking them so long. Not even close to start filming yet, no actors have been cast, not even any writers yet. At this pace we might see a release in 2022.

Also the author Andrzej Sapkowski is going to be a creative consult. CDPR is gaming company with no experience in film, they would (and should) not have a hand it in. That's what the author is there for, to make his stories realized.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 05:01 PM   #3
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The same author who lost a lot of money because he didmt.think.thr video game genre of entertainment was legit?
And Let's hope he stays out of it haha
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 11, 2017, 05:06 PM   #4
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Why would you want that? That's like asking George RR Martin to stay out of Game of Thrones.

The games were based on the books. Without the books, there would be no game. It's not like CDPR took the Witcher name itself and created their own vision, no they created the game faithfully to the books as best they could. Those who read the Witcher novels know the reading material is far more rich in story than the game material.

So when it comes to a movie or series adaptation, who do you think would have more valuable input? The author himself who knows his characters and universe inside out? Or a game developer who just made a game using the author's source material?
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote